The right time for Dhoni to retire from international cricket

zen

9 minutes ago, zen said:

We saw how Dhoni performed w/ the bat in Asia Cup .... On the last ODI tour to Aus, Dhoni averaged 17 in 5 games, so if he fails this time, serious questions could be raised about his position in the team 

Dhoni has all the answers already..

But can you handle the truth ? :lol:

Edited by velu

Dhoni did not take the advice of treating the WI series as a farewell one :dontknow:

"MS Dhoni has been dropped for the first time since he established himself as a heavyweight in Indian cricket. The 37-year old wicketkeeper-batsman will not be part of the T20I series against West Indies and Australia in November." 

Cricinfo

Yeah he might be bad but I think they shod have told him firmly and give him one last chance In WI Series rather than dropping him.
Now this will make his fans upset and BCCI again might've to add him in some future tour and give him a farewell the. E

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Yeah he might be bad but I think they shod have told him firmly and give him one last chance In WI Series rather than dropping him.
Now this will make his fans upset and BCCI again might've to add him in some future tour and give him a farewell the. E

Ind is scheduled to play 3 ODIs vs ZIM in Ind :p:  (before that AUS tour Ind for 5 ODIs and 2 T20s)

17 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Last time we played Zimbabwe, we lost both t20s and axar Patel embarasssed dhoni who couldn't hit at all. So dhoni will skip that series :phehe:

I hope that the mesg has been delivered to Dhoni that he can no longer take his place for granted 

If he plays ODIs in NZ that could turn out to be his last international series :dontknow:

9 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

They might have already asked him only to be given the routine answer of playing till he enjoys the game. He has been the biggest elephant in the room in T20 format for several years and thankfully the selectors finally noticed it. The "dropped" headline will hopefully motivate him to respectfully step aside in ODIs. 

7 hours ago, zen said:

I hope that the mesg has been delivered to Dhoni that he can no longer take his place for granted 

If he plays ODIs in NZ that could turn out to be his last international series :dontknow:

Why wait till NZ, let us hope he fails miserably and retires in India itself after the series against WI.

Edited by nevada
They might have already asked him only to be given the routine answer of playing till he enjoys the game. He has been the biggest elephant in the room in T20 format for several years and thankfully the selectors finally noticed it. The "dropped" headline will hopefully motivate him to respectfully step aside in ODIs. 
Yeah and why he isn't rested but dropped?
I think they should've given him a final farewell series and announced it before.
I know karma is a biatch but if Kohli is orchestrating it, he should know beforehand that he too will suffer it. I mean like - hey, his popularity is already going down and he might be replaced by Rohit if he's unable to win the trophy.
I always had this feeling that Kohli will use Pant/anybody else to pawn Dhoni out of the team the way he used himself to kick Dhoni out of captaincy.
Kohli is an ungrateful idiot and he'll probably pay the price the same way.