Winning Champions Trophy was a fluke for Pakistan, admits Wasim Akram

Switchblade

7 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I never had more confidence than ever against Pakistan team than in the CT final. I thought it was going to be an epic whopping for Pakistan. Even Pakistan fans thought so. Lot of things went too perfectly for Pakistan on that day. Noball, big total, Indian top order collapse.

On field captain Dhoni must have gone awol that day. Looks like he gives great advice to bowlers only in games that we win! Too bad Kohli was too generous letting padosis get away with a match winning score.

Edited by nevada

fluke?????? Every win is a thoroughly  deserved one.... There is not a thing called fluke...In that final PAK got an unknown talent in Fakhar Zaman whose strengths and weaknesses were completely concealed from the  outer world scrutiny.He rose to the occasion, their experienced batsmen too supported briliantly and put  a mammoth score.Being a final, IND fell to the score board pressure along with some brilliant PAK bowling.  And these are part and parcel of cricket. So there is no fluke.

They outclassed us in all department that day for reasons which have been said so many times.

But as i said earlier, Akram Bhai, trying to build on the lie that their team till nineties was far superior then us. Our sports anchors are top grade Chewts to not to question that.

25 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

Pakistan's team performs better in English conditions.

If these matches were played on better pitches they would have been more competitive.

lol @ better pitches. Why do all of you paindoo trolls just have to take credit away from the opposition. Your boys won the toss both times, played India without their best batsman and allrounder, in "home conditions" and got spanked both times (and one of those times, India were playing their second match in 2 days). Just take it on the chin and move on. Who defines what better pitches are? This means the entirety of Pakistan's "home" record in the UAE was built on substandard pitches...

and this whole myth of Pakistan being a better side than India in England is also bogus. Prior to the final, they got walloped by India by a similar margin and some freak circumstances (Lanka drops, Bumrah no ball) and braindead thinking (Kohli/Shastri) aside, the result there would have been the same. India are simply a better LOI side. In the same English conditions, Pakistan conceded 464 or something lest we forget.

Edited by Dil Dil India
1 hour ago, mishra said:

They outclassed us in all department that day for reasons which have been said so many times.

But as i said earlier, Akram Bhai, trying to build on the lie that their team till nineties was far superior then us. Our sports anchors are top grade Chewts to not to question that.

Not sure "far superior" but definitely a better side at-least through early and mid 90s. I think it is a similar assessment that we see now from ex-Indian players comparing Indian side of 2000s to Pak side. I watched all the 90s matches of Pak vs India and not once I felt confident that we can beat them easily...it was only during late 90s we had a side that could compete and a better side post WC 2003. 

Just now, Vilander said:

Akram and Shoaib can not be placed along with Tarek Fateh. Fateh is some one who wants pak to change and he will wear it with pride when they do, he is an enlightened pakistani. Akram and Shoaib are doing what they think is necessary to have business interests in India.

It is one thing to point out the flaws in Pakistani system or religious fanaticism in Pak and totally sucking up to India. I saw on one show,where both the Indian side and Pakistani side where having a normal conversation,but he just butted in and riled up the Pakistanis lol. Even though personally I enjoyed it and thought it was funny, I kind of thought he over did it. He kind of comes across as playing to the gallery whenever I see him.

3 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

It is one thing to point out the flaws in Pakistani system or religious fanaticism in Pak and totally sucking up to India. I saw on one show,where both the Indian side and Pakistani side where having a normal conversation,but he just butted in and riled up the Pakistanis lol. Even though personally I enjoyed it and thought it was funny, I kind of thought he over did it. He kind of comes across as playing to the gallery whenever I see him.

He has become like that now, because of all the constant abuse, his setup in toronto is pretty modest. He obviously gets a lot of hate from certain quarters, but he was much like Hassan Nisar etc earlier.   He just trolls now at the start.

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

He has become like that now, because of all the constant abuse, his setup in toronto is pretty modest. He obviously gets a lot of hate from certain quarters, but he was much like Hassan Nisar etc earlier.   He just trolls now at the start.

Ok I wasn't aware of his earlier work so didn't know he is driven to trolling much like Arnab who is driven to a point where he is unbearable now thanks to some of the sycophants he gets on his show from the other side.

I just formed an opinion of him from what I have been seeing recently

3 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Ok I wasn't aware of his earlier work so didn't know he is driven to trolling much like Arnab who is driven to a point where he is unbearable now thanks to some of the sycophants he gets on his show from the other side.

I just formed an opinion of him from what I have been seeing recently

he basically is from the same school of realism as Hassan Nisar - meaning Pakistanis are Indian muslims not Arabs, there is no big conspiracy focus on what makes your stronger, stop being a dumb arse and implicate yourself in trouble - eventually this was taken up very anti islam etc by pak right fundamentalists and now he is just pure trolling lol.. 

23 minutes ago, singhprakash72 said:

Not sure "far superior" but definitely a better side at-least through early and mid 90s. I think it is a similar assessment that we see now from ex-Indian players comparing Indian side of 2000s to Pak side. I watched all the 90s matches of Pak vs India and not once I felt confident that we can beat them easily...it was only during late 90s we had a side that could compete and a better side post WC 2003. 

Me too. Its correct that we werent confident. The reason can be traced back to consistent hammering we used to recieved or that last ball six from Miandad.

But the way, ex Pakistani cricketers portray the period, is wholely misrepresentation. Any tournament we played, India performed better than Pakistan except that one time world cup where they luckily won the finals. reliance world cup, 1996 world cup. So imo, we were either better side or similar side to Pakistan throughout Cricketing History

13 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Pakistanis were the better team and they did get lot of things right. Toss,Pitch,Conditions,Luck are only as good as your team.

You can’t beat SA,SL,Eng and India back to back and Call it a fluke.

While I absolutely hate arrogant,ignorant and smug idiots across the border. Artificial suckups like Akram,Tarek Fateh and even Shoaib when he is on Indian media disgust me even more.

tarek fateh speaks truth kid. Don't drag him here.

Just now, nagraj85 said:

tarek fateh speaks truth kid. Don't drag him here.

grandpa I think articulating something is probably not your forte.So you need to stay out of it.As @Vilander said,he has to resort to being an obnoxious troll to counter trolls and some of his earlier work was articulated in a much better way.

You seem to have poor comprehension skills