Which opposition player gave you nightmares [retired] ???

velu

3 hours ago, Switchblade said:

Sanath 

Saeed 

Sohail

Ijaz

Moin

Gilchrist

Hayden

Moin Khan

Mahela

Murali

Mcgrath

Aravinda

Donald

Pollack

Wasim

Ijaz Ahmed and Moin Khan. What fantastic players they were. Never give up attitude. Something that the current Pakistani team has no idea about it. Ijaz had a habit of acknowledging bowlers for their good deliveries and I remember many encounters between Ijaz and Prasad. 

7 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Ijaz Ahmed and Moin Khan. What fantastic players they were. Never give up attitude. Something that the current Pakistani team has no idea about it. Ijaz had a habit of acknowledging bowlers for their good deliveries and I remember many encounters between Ijaz and Prasad. 

True and Moin  was a dheet player street fighter always came to the rescue of his team.

4 hours ago, vayuu1 said:

Ponting,gilly,hayden,mcgrath, can never forget that 2003 wc especially the punter onslaught .

Saeed anwar madar used to bring his best against us same with jayasurya 

Shane bond he too use to bring his best against us still remember his 6 fer against us 

Branderson

Kallis *er has always done good against us 

Flower brothers 

Chanderpaul and Hooper along with Ambrose 

Steyn too

Wow ,that's almost same as mine .great list that 

Vaas & Murali-54 all out & so many failed chases under Great Dada.

Jayasuriya was a nightmare.

McGrath,Lee,Haydos,Gilly,Ponting,Symonds,Martyn,Bevan.Pretty much the entire Aussie team.

Bracken had Sehwag's wickets so many times in 1st over itself .

From Kiwis,Roger Twose scored heavily against Dada's team. Astle,Cairns,McMillan,McCullum,Bond,Styris were always in form.

Inzi,Yousuf,Butt,Malik,Afridi,Akram,Mushtaq,Akhtar,Waqar .

Kallis,Donald,Pollock,Gibbs.Can't believe SA lost 2002 Champions Trophy Semi after Gibbs smashed that century & got retired hurt.

Trescothick,Freddie Flintoff,Nasseir Hussain were great.

Flower bros,Campbell. Marillier won a match playing scoop shots to Prasad,Kumble & Zaheer for 10th wicket.

Gayle,Hooper,Powell,Chanderpaul,Sarwan. in 2002 tour,Cameron Cuffy bowled 16 maidens in 26 overs for 24 runs.That guy was always economical. Lara was terrible against India.

So far Jayasurya and Anwar top

the list. However for me it was Anwar only. Second player who makes my list is not Miandad, not Jayasurya nor Mcgrath or Richard. But Gooch. 

I think that 1990 series always sat in some part of my brain. That was one of the first time i watched cricket on doordarshan.

I am really surprised no one has mentioned his name.

just like Anwar, Gooch was big pain to us. Someone go and chk the 1990 series scorecard and will understand what And why i regarded Gooch as pain

38 minutes ago, mishra said:

So far Jayasurya and Anwar top

the list. However for me it was Anwar only. Second player who makes my list is not Miandad, not Jayasurya nor Mcgrath or Richard. But Gooch. 

I think that 1990 series always sat in some part of my brain. That was one of the first time i watched cricket on doordarshan.

I am really surprised no one has mentioned his name.

just like Anwar, Gooch was big pain to us. Someone go and chk the 1990 series scorecard and will understand what And why i regarded Gooch as pain

Because most on here will never have seen Gooch 

3 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Because most on here will never have seen Gooch 

My dad bought first tele during reliance Cup only. It was a novelty, but he ended up spending for the tournament. So a switch from radio to tele .In reliance cup, His hundred knocked us out of world Cup. How can i ever forget that. He was one hell of accomplished player, And specially against us, He was a beast. I was a kid at the time. Cried at India loosing reliance Cup. And then He effin goes on to score hundred after hundred against us.

And that one time, He scored a tripple hundred against us. There were not that many matches in that period, Hence pain lasted longer.