Indian squad for WI test announced . Siraj n Mayank gets selected

that is where I have a problem with ... proven failures like Pujara Dhawan Rahul get  chances after chances despite  remaining mediocre even after 4 series in any of SENA. It is from that perspective that Nair's treatment is really of double standard .But with moron Shastri at the helm, no surprise that these things go on happening. He is the worst with regard to nourishing talented youngsters.  
Shastri might favor players who can give him company and entertain him during his sessions.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

Good squad.

Looks like this will be the squad of Australia tour,too. Ishant and Bumrah will replace Kuldeep/Jaddu and Thakur.Cant see Bhuvi getting selected for Australia tour..

Bhuvi will definitely be selected..actually he has been rested only for Australia.

Bumrah bhuvi Siraj umesh shammi ishant will be the pacers and shardul will have to be pushed out. Hardik too. May be only Ashwin could be lone spinner or kuldeep too.

2 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Mayank and Siraj have broken selection doors into pieces and are so very good that they should ideally be played ahead of Prithvi and umesh yadav in the 11.

prithvi was selected 1st , so he shud play 1st and is also rated highly in terms of talent then mayank

I hve a feeling siraj might end up nnot playing both games knowing captain kohli

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

prithvi was selected 1st , so he shud play 1st and is also rated highly in terms of talent then mayank

I hve a feeling siraj might end up nnot playing both games knowing captain kohli

I have my gut feeling that Mayank is more mature and test cricket requires talent and maturity, Mayank is scoring more than Prithvi too though Sachin backs Prithvi and Prithvi may be more talented but as on today Mayank is at the peak of his career and is destined to succeed if he gets into 11.

Same is Siraj...possibly in nets Siraj will outbowl umesh yadav and he could be picked in 11 as there could be 2 pacers and Ashwin kuldeep and jadeja. Siraj is 140 to 147k bowler but umesh seems to be under 142k now.

I am good with any ..But I think Siraj will beat umesh as shardul may not be considered.

26 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

I have my gut feeling that Mayank is more mature and test cricket requires talent and maturity, Mayank is scoring more than Prithvi too though Sachin backs Prithvi and Prithvi may be more talented but as on today Mayank is at the peak of his career and is destined to succeed if he gets into 11.

more or less is not the point prithvi has scored everywhere

In ENg long format- prithvi scored n mayank failed 

yes mayank has played more so he ll be more mature but at the end quality matters .....which IMO shaw is way higher then mayank 

Destined to succedd - no one can be sure of anyone. 

M among many who believe might actually might not do well in international cricket

26 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Same is Siraj...possibly in nets Siraj will outbowl umesh yadav and he could be picked in 11 as there could be 2 pacers and Ashwin kuldeep and jadeja. Siraj is 140 to 147k bowler but umesh seems to be under 142k now.

Umesh hasnt progressed much so its better we give siraj a chance but under kohli aisa hoga nhin

10 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Jadeja is a passenger in Australia failed in 2015-2016 bits n pieces player who is only a good fielder in overseas conditions nothing else.

None of our spinners are good outside Asia.

But team needs atleast 1 spinner for 4th innings ...  plus he must have some batting ability at 7 or 8.

Mayank needed to be selected even before he turned 25 . He has been such a great performer in both main formats in domestic.what have been these bunch of idiotic selectors smoking???? Suppose that Mayank turns out to be that alpha male batsman( so close to a Sachin or Dravid) , then it would be that the selectors would have ruined almost  3 years  of his top gear form  and there by  Indian teams' success rate by that much.

7 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

Mayank needed to be selected even before he turned 25 . He has been such a great performer in both main formats in domestic.what have been these bunch of idiotic selectors smoking???? Suppose that Mayank turns out to be that alpha male batsman( so close to a Sachin or Dravid) , then it would be that the selectors would have ruined almost  3 years  of his top gear form  and there by  Indian teams' success rate by that much.

bahut aage chale gaye 

Sachin , dravid roz nhin aate ....ppl had hopes from pujara n rahane, rohit who acc to me were far talented then mayank 

Ifs n buts bht baad ki baat hia 

26 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

If I am not mistaken,  2017-18  was the first outstanding domestic season that Mayank had. 

Averaged 39 or thereabouts in FC  before that season with only 3 centuries from 32 games  (  which has gone up to 50 now with 8 centuries  )

Why would a batsman with such below average stats be picked  ?   

He has got his chance within 8 months of his super season.

And we don't really know whether he has the ability to play pace, bounce and movement.  (   He may or may not have the ability  )

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Prithvi has done well in whatever he has played and has a high FC average with a century every 2 games.   Seems to have that extra time while playing pacers and hailed by everyone as a special talent.

Had one of the highest averages in the Unofficial tests in England too.

Consistency in performance plus special talent ... deserves first chance and strong backing for 10 tests on the trot unless he looks like a fish out of water at test level.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

If I am not mistaken,  2017-18  was the first outstanding domestic season that Mayank had. 

Averaged 39 or thereabouts in FC  before that season with only 3 centuries from 32 games  (  which has gone up to 50 now with 8 centuries  )

Why would a batsman with such below average stats be picked  ?   

He has got his chance within 8 months of his super season.

And we don't really know whether he has the ability to play pace, bounce and movement.  (   He may or may not have the ability  )

oh.. i was not aware ... then he didn't deserve selection that time.But,there might had been some other domestic batsman with 50+ avg: and other requisites as well who  deserved a chance because of such hacks like Pujara ,Dhawan occupying spots in the top 6.

Even now, I would prefer a youngster of below 25 years age to Mayank  because then only that rookie will get time to settle in and feed off from other established batsmen around him so that he can grow in confidence and develop into much better all round player.

But for that, the team already needs to have some 4 or 5 such high calibre established players.

9 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

that is where I have a problem with ... proven failures like Pujara Dhawan Rahul get  chances after chances despite  remaining mediocre even after 4 series in any of SENA. It is from that perspective that Nair's treatment is really of double standard .But with moron Shastri at the helm, no surprise that these things go on happening. He is the worst with regard to nourishing talented youngsters.  

8 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

then ...you might be happy that proven failures Pujara & Rahul are still playing....

Nair has done nothing apart from that 300 vs Eng.He played 6 more innings & scored 71 runs with scores of 4,13,26,0,23,5.He failed in India.His first class scores in 2018 were (20,93,42,55) vs Windies A side,(4,13) vs Eng Lions,4 vs Essex,4 vs Maharashtra,31 vs Mumbai,37 vs Baroda,29 vs Indian President XI.His avg in First Class this year is 30.18 in 11 innings .The selectors made the mistake by selecting him for Eng tour.Keeping him now would have been continuing that mistake.He needs to set the domestic scene on fire to deserve a comeback.

Pujara averages 55.82 in 35 innings in India since 2015.His avg jumped to 63.9 in 2017 in 14 innings. Rahul averages 47 in the 19 innings since 2015 in India. Rahul has been a brilliant slip catcher.They are not proven failures.

Even still,I would have preferred selectors to try 2 more youngsters in place of Pujara & Rahane since this is not an important series. .

I never support Dhawan in test side.Mainly due to his careless attitude.