Back Shaw and Pant for #4 and #5 spots in ODIs

zen

15 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

Add Kohli mid 50's avg and Jadhav 40+ avg and we have a middle order 2nd to none

17 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

Our middle order is fine. We have two people who average 50ish and have experience of winning major tournaments.

Once we get Jadhav back, even better

Tendulkar has even more experience of playing in major tournaments. And so does Kapil Dev, who has been around for a long time. I think they should slot in to our batting.

SR Tendulkar

Rohit#

Dhawan

Kohli

Dhoni

Kapil Dev

Hardik

Kuldeep

Chala

B Kumar

Bumrah. SOOOO MUCH experience!! So much winning mentality!

18 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

Our middle order is fine. We have two people who average 50ish and have experience of winning major tournaments.

Once we get Jadhav back, even better

ambati rayudu average gone down a bit .. 51 to 49 now :lol:

kohli - 56

rayudud - 49

jadhav - 41

dhoni - 50++

:hail: 

5 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

This Dhoni is an absolute leech, it angers me. 

I could not see the video. Is the media asking him about Dhoni, I.e. what he learns from him, or is he voluntarily talking about Dhoni? Because in the past I have seen our media going frantic and unnecessarily asking almost everyone - Is Sachin the best? 

16 minutes ago, zen said:

I could not see the video. Is the media asking him about Dhoni, I.e. what he learns from him, or is he voluntarily talking about Dhoni? Because in the past I have seen our media going frantic and unnecessarily asking almost everyone - Is Sachin the best? 

The media are asking him what he learns from Dhoni. That's the first question they ask. 

Definitely, I doubt whether this is the truth. I bet he is trying to suck up to Dhoni in public, because this leech Dhoni has so much power.

2 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

The media are asking him what he learns from Dhoni. That's the first question they ask. 

Definitely, I doubt whether this is the truth. I bet he is trying to suck up to Dhoni in public, because this leech Dhoni has so much power.

If media asks him that Q, he would have to respond .... all these comments by various players about Dhoni is doing this or that to them could be triggered by media questions  .... as I said similar thing used to happen in Sachin days when media would stick the mic in front of just about anyone and ask about Sachin. The person put on spot would diplomatically say nice things and then you would have headlines that xyz thinks this about Sachin 

2 hours ago, GautiMaan said:

The ShawPant Redemption is a fantasy for us fans,however it is the last thing on the minds of Kohli and selectors who are salivating about Rayudu,Rahane etc

we play 3 ODIs in Aus and 5 in NZ so if these guys grab their chances, good for them .... if the "bubble" bursts, guys like Shaw will be in contention. Pant is likely to be in the WC squad 

Ill still back Rahul at 4 then shaw, his game is far more evolved at this point then shaw ....coz he has played more 

n i do find him a better option at 4 then shaw, shaw wud be good at start in PP

Rahul is going through a technical issue which in no time turns into a mental one as well, but this has happened with most. So nothing to create a fuzz about . 

Back a quality player, lets not forget guys like yuvraj and rohit also took a lot of time ....rahul hasnt even played much 

20 hours ago, Clarke said:

Asia cup was the ideal opportunity to give these guys including Gill a chance. There was nothing to lose in an avg tournament while preparing for the WC.

With every passing day, it'll be getting too late to try out new players.

No worries, Kohli will pick experienced players like Yuvi and Raina. I am serious. Kohli captains like he bats - methodical, safe, as risk free as possible. Moreover, his enabler Shastri once went to the market to buy experience and couldn't find it in stock anywhere. So he also prefers experience. Dhoni is experience in disguise and is chief on field advisor.

Edited by nevada

Still cant understand why Shaw cant be number 4 or 5. He should be inducted into playing 11 just the way Sach was inducted. If he fails, no issues. As a teen, He should be allowed to go out and bully the bowlers.

This will give him very valuable experience. But then that will strongly hurt Brand Kohli and he wont like another competetior vying Corporate sponsorship.

I blame Kohli and Kohli alone

What makes people think Shaw is going to succeed at no4, Rahul has very medicore list A stats too. Are they better than Rayudu yes but they are no surethings.Shaw has whole Australian series along with Rahul to show his talent.Let us see what they do there, Rahul has stunk in three straight series .

People were clamoring for this guy to be included and came up with ridiculous consipracy theories for dopping in one test in SA.