Match is over

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Match is very evenly balanced. We must bat well in the first session and also the 2nd to put oressure on the Aussie. Expect the runtate to be slow in the first session so that makes the day all the more important tomorrow. 

I would still say 60-40 Aussies at this stage. Remember we have to bat last. Our best shot is to have a huge lead. Also ensure we bowl out Aussies for a subpar total.

Aussies have to get through the next 1-2 batsmen and even a small lead would be an advantage for them  as we bat last.

Still not 50-50 as I previously thought.

Edited by Global.Baba
15 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Match is very evenly balanced. We must bat well in the first session and also the 2nd to put oressure on the Aussie. Expect the runtate to be slow in the first session so that makes the day all the more important tomorrow. 

Still more tilted towards Aus at the present stage. If India has a good first session-day3 only then evenly balanced can be talked about.

30 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

I would still say 60-40 Aussies at this stage. Remember we have to bat last. Our best shot is to have a huge lead. Also ensure we bowl out Aussies for a subpar total.

Aussies have to get through the next 1-2 batsmen and even a small lead would be an advantage for them  as we bat last.

Still not 50-50 as I previously thought.

Yeah, how long Kohli Rahane stay is the key to the match. If one of them or both get out early, things can change quickly. Need a solid first session at least.

What we did well for ourselves yesterday was to put ourselves in a better position to start of day 3.

We are still behind in the game and need the same grit like yesterday’s last session. 

1 hour ago, Global.Baba said:

No one is writing off the team. At the end of the day everyone wants India to win.

Stop bringing padosiisms like phattu,daler,brave etc. 

After day 1 Aussies were 260/6 which was a 60-40 situation in favor of Aussies on this pitch

India bowled badly with the new ball on a bowling friendly pitch.

Given India’s long problem with the tail, it was kind of ominous signs. Tell me what were  the odds of Ishant picking 2 in 2 or Ishant and Umesh of all people wrapping up 9,10 and jack in the space of 3-4 overs going by our recent trend?

India made a good comeback and 320 odd is still a 50-50 score.

Indian openers flopped as expected. Kohli,Pujara and Rahane were expected to perform if we have a shot as our lower order and tail again has been hopeless.

There are exceptions to the rule and who knows Pant and Vihari can spring a surprise. “Surprise” being the key word.

It is one thing to be hopeful and it is another to throw statements in the air like we are in the drivers seat etc. I am not saying you did but most of us are wary and fearing the worst based on historical data. Nothing phattu or pessimistic about it.

Tommorow is the key. We can either set up the game to absolutely win comfortably or totally surrender and bring Aussies back. Right now situation is again 50-50 with no clear favorites.may be still 60-40 in favor of Aussies.

Banjo tu unrealistic bole, to koi nahi, mai phattu bolu to personal attack.  Man up g@@ndu!  :)

Here is Shami's contribution in this match.

• Concedes 80 runs in 24 overs without any wicket, while every other pace bowler from either team has chipped in with a wicket or two.
  • Lasts one ball while batting and Scores a duck

Would Bhuvi have done any worse ?  Assuming Bhuvi may not have the fitness to last so many overs while bowling, he still can contribute something with the bat. Shami is like - Naa Ghar ka Naa Ghat ka.

6 hours ago, Frustrated said:

• Concedes 80 runs in 24 overs without any wicket, while every other pace bowler from either team has chipped in with a wicket or two.

Would Bhuvi have done any worse ?  Assuming Bhuvi may not have the fitness to last so many overs while bowling, he still can contribute something with the bat. Shami is like - Naa Ghar ka Naa Ghat ka.

Most icfers thought either Bhuvi or Jaddu will play. But Craptain and Coach has other ideas

7 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Shami had finch plumb lbw in 1st session on 1st day but umpire didn't give out. There was 1 catch drop by kl rahul and other was 1 more chance near from Rahane. If you watch every ball by ball then you will know how good or bad he was.

7 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Shami had finch plumb lbw in 1st session on 1st day but umpire didn't give out. There was 1 catch drop by kl rahul and other was 1 more chance near from Rahane. If you watch every ball by ball then you will know how good or bad he was.

31 minutes ago, goose said:

I'd give India 5%

At 8/2 what would you have estimated India's chances were of getting within 45 runs of Aussie score?  India have made some expensive mistakes in this test, but they have shown enough fight, and that word I hat Kohli clicheing - "character", to give fans some hope.  % number doesn't matter.  All of us know that for India to have an outside chance of chasing this down, we need to wrap them up early, and then bat out of our skins.  

But if they bowl like they did yesterday with the new ball, and they bat like Chepu, Virat and Rahane did on D2, I will almost not care about the result.  Have been privileged to watch some quality cricket and totally enjoyed it.  

31 minutes ago, goose said:

I'd give India 5%

At 8/2 what would you have estimated India's chances were of getting within 45 runs of Aussie score?  India have made some expensive mistakes in this test, but they have shown enough fight, and that word I hat Kohli clicheing - "character", to give fans some hope.  % number doesn't matter.  All of us know that for India to have an outside chance of chasing this down, we need to wrap them up early, and then bat out of our skins.  

But if they bowl like they did yesterday with the new ball, and they bat like Chepu, Virat and Rahane did on D2, I will almost not care about the result.  Have been privileged to watch some quality cricket and totally enjoyed it.  

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Pockets of quality cricket, then yes. But not sufficient to alter the match result, and that matters a lot too.

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Pockets of quality cricket, then yes. But not sufficient to alter the match result, and that matters a lot too.