Harbhajan broke down when apologising for 'monkeygate' - Symonds

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

No, we don't believe he said monkey.

Define we? Clearly you will see disagrement among fans here. I certainly do believe he is stupid enough to say sh*t like that to a black man. Each time I look at his actions, this man reaks of poor attitude and carries around as if he is entitled. At the end of the day, we will never know what took place. He may have, he may have not. He could have said ma ki but his brown accent could have translated it to monkey. At the end of the day, its only Harbajan who knows the truth and will take it to his grave.

Harbhajan is usually crass and over the top but he is right in this scenario. Symonds is just looking for some relevancy 10 years after this incident was dead and buried along with Symond’s own career.

Firstly I don’t think Indians get that emotional when they are caught for saying  something  racist

:laugh:

I obviously never believed Bhajji even called him monkey in the first place.

Edited by Global.Baba
5 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Harbhajan is usually crass and over the top but he is right in this scenario. Symonds is just looking for some relevancy 10 years after this incident was dead and buried along with Symond’s own career.

Firstly I don’t think Indians get that emotional when they are caught for saying  something  racist

:laugh:

I obviously never believed Bhajji even called him monkey in the first place.

Exactly, people are applying western lens to this.

I can perfectly understand Bhajji riling off maa ki gaalis. I mean, why would he say monkey like a 8-year old?

And Symonds would have heard monkey probably because he was exposed to such things in Aus.

1 hour ago, rtmohanlal said:

even if some one is called monkey, what is the big deal in it??  Don't we call others 'donkey'??  These Aussies don't mind calling others

even 'bastards' , then they complain for calling monkey...what irony!!!!!!!! 

Symonds is mixed race.

Calling a white person or asian a monkey may not feel racist but calling a person with African origin is considered racist because of comparison with simians in the past.