INDIA A vs ENGLAND LION in India { 5 ODI & 2 UN - Official Test } Jan - Feb 2019

Peace

What I am interested in knowing about Saini is ...

...  In this match, has Saini bowled most of his good length balls with full effort and zip off the deck like the 2017-18 Ranji season

... or is he still floating most of the good length balls in like the 2018-19 Ranji season.  (  The biggest reason for his loss of form from June 2018 to December 2018   )

... (  His short ball has been good in both seasons )

8 hours ago, nsareen said:

why has avesh only bowled 12 overs and the rest of quicks bowled over 20. Hope he is not injured..

My question too.

Both Shardul and Saini have bowled 24 overs and Avesh only 12, despite being the most economical pacer of the three.

Looks like he did not get his 3rd spell yesterday, while the other two did.  And today they started with Shardul and Saini again and England was dismissed by Saini before Avesh's turn came.

11 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

4 wkts for Saini. ICF pace brigade who had given up on him will do his ghar waapasi soon.

He was bowling well, not getting wickets through the season. Just reward against a top class opposition, should get a 5-er to make it even better.

Never gave up on him. 

2 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Batting for nearly 5 hours, so must have felt good. First such knock after the 100 in Eng. From 88*, can he go onto make a 150-170? Could then be the real turnaround innings for him.

Very impatient in Australia. Played like a T20 hack. What about his weakness against incoming balls? Has he found a way to cope with such balls?

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

My question too.

Both Shardul and Saini have bowled 24 overs and Avesh only 12, despite being the most economical pacer of the three.

Looks like he did not get his 3rd spell yesterday, while the other two did.  And today they started with Shardul and Saini again and England was dismissed by Saini before Avesh's turn came.

Blasted 'pecking order'.  

26 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Batting for nearly 5 hours, so must have felt good. First such knock after the 100 in Eng. From 88*, can he go onto make a 150-170? Could then be the real turnaround innings for him.

I hope so.  Batting ability is there. He just mind-phucked himself, and a minor technical issue or so.  He's a legit test opener, those types of batsmen are a rare commodity in cricket, in all countries.  I hope he's able to fight through and come back stronger.  

10 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Never gave up on him. 

More than that,  it is important to set some benchmarks for Team India pacers and those who are near selection.

They must have the ability to put a high percentage of deliveries in the right areas while bowling at good pace. They must have the ability to extract life out of the pitch. They should be fit and have the ability to sustain intensity.

Pacers who are doing the above should be persisted with and praised.

Pacer who are unable to do the above, for a decent length of time, should be made to work on the weaknesses they have developed, rectify them and then come back if they perform at FC / List A level again.

We should not have any permanent favourites or dump anyone for ever.  It an issue of adhering to benchmarks. As long as the basic ability is there, it is about attitude, fitness and ability to work on weaknesses.

Edited by express bowling
9 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

Rahul scores just 89 when a bunch of unknowns have stroked a 200 and a 100..:phehe:

Hardly unkowns

Yes if only thing you follow domestically is IPL then unkown.  But if follow rel domestic cricket in all formats these guys good

Panchal is proper.  Personally I think in tests he shoud be in squad as back up opener.  As pure opener in red ball cricket he might better then Raul.  Not a white ball player prospect so lets not confuse matters, although he no blocker and can ping ball in to row x

Bharat imo in terms of glove work is much better then Pant and Kishan, one of the better ones on the circuit.  Batting wise not as good as pant.  But maybe good back up in tests, a saha type but younger and better with bat