Union Cabinet approves 10% reservation for economically weak among upper caste

Singh bling

5 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Such an important bill passed in LS in one go without any discussion in the house whatsoever.

Daylight robbery of constitutional ideals.

Never felt so dejected in my life before. Can't believe I was the biggest supporter of this guy

Don't be dejected as 8Lakh quota, every person qualifies. It is not going to benefit any real Forward Caste as almost 90% of them will be under the 8lakh limit. The rich will anyway not need it. It is unfortunately the new salaried classes which get affected and most of us anyway would go the private route.

My biggest worry is that as these idiots have nothing to show they will ultimately introduce reservations in Private sector as well.

As much as I disagree with most of Kancha Iliah's views, I like his idea of introducing English Medium schools both in Private and Public sector which he claims will eliminate reservations in 25 years. Drastic it may sound, but atleast an idea which has an outside chance to work.

https://www.rediff.com/news/interview/you-wont-need-reservation-after-25-years-if/20190108.htm

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/10-quota-for-economically-backward-upper-castes-how-many-people-fulfil-eligibility-criteria-1426171-2019-01-08

Agricultural land below five acres - 86 per cent people with landholdings qualify to avail the reservation benefit.

People who earn less than Rs 8 lakh annually (or Rs 66,666/month) - Almost almost all households qualify to avail the reservation benefit.

Rural households - More than 99 per cent of all rural households qualify for reservation. 

Who's left to oppose this ? Absolutely no one, those earning 8+ lpa are nowhere in terms of voter percentage. They could tax us 70% and get away with it. Lets celebrate that they haven't thus far :dance:

Edited by Clarke

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:
13 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

What if RaGa and MahaThugbandhan promise private sector reservation leading up to the elections? :dontknow:

They have already done that. I think Paswan had it in his agenda. a lot of politicians have it  dangling already. If it gets implemented, middle class has no other option but move out of India. They can thrive better in Uganda/Ghana than in India.

This idea was floated in UPA1 as well.

The sensible politicians probably realize that such a law would drive a spanner into incoming investment. Even though we're doing well as a back office, we are competing with middle income nations such as Poland, Philippines or Brazil in all aspects. Ditto for areas like automobile manufacturing, it'll just lead to poorer quality of output.

39 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

The rules are if a SC/ST gets into Merit category, he is counted in general category and they need to get a real SC/ST guy who is below merit in his place.  This is like getting screwed twice over. So, the quota has to be fulfilled no matter what. 

Yes it's called Roaster system.

We are *ed in every way.

I think more Indians should emigrate to Africa now, the land is not yet overpopulated. US and Europe has too many immigrants.

EDIT: We should emigrate to everywhere to make the whole globe Akhand Bharat :isalute: 

Edited by MechEng

38 minutes ago, Clarke said:

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/10-quota-for-economically-backward-upper-castes-how-many-people-fulfil-eligibility-criteria-1426171-2019-01-08

Agricultural land below five acres - 86 per cent people with landholdings qualify to avail the reservation benefit.

People who earn less than Rs 8 lakh annually (or Rs 66,666/month) - Almost almost all households qualify to avail the reservation benefit.

Rural households - More than 99 per cent of all rural households qualify for reservation. 

Who's left to oppose this ? Absolutely no one, those earning 8+ lpa are nowhere in terms of voter percentage. They could tax us 70% and get away with it. Lets celebrate that they haven't thus far :dance:

Now hardly any businessman or professional will file itr above 8 lakhs rupees unless he is earning in crores

3 hours ago, eternalhope said:

As much as I disagree with most of Kancha Iliah's views, I like his idea of introducing English Medium schools both in Private and Public sector which he claims will eliminate reservations in 25 years. Drastic it may sound, but atleast an idea which has an outside chance to work.

https://www.rediff.com/news/interview/you-wont-need-reservation-after-25-years-if/20190108.htm

Thank you for this link. 

Really, all what he is talking, it is making a lot of sense. 

I just hope other people also read it, and most importantly government and parliamentarians read it too and pay attention to it. 

9 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Now hardly any businessman or professional will file itr above 8 lakhs rupees unless he is earning in crores

why would a business earning more than 8 lacs per month would need govt jobs that pay peanuts?