Team for World Cup 2019

test fan

Suresh Raina must be considered for WC.He got MOM in recent t20 in South Africa in 2018. Gun fielder compared to Jadhav whose fielding is pathetic. Can reliably bowl 7 overs with good economy and pick a wicket or 2. Makes 30-40 runs  each match at high strike rate and importantly younger than Kedar Jadhav.

in 2015 Raina was player of series  for ODI series in England. 

Right now we have to hide Rayudu, Jadhav, Chahal, Kuldeep due to poor fielding. If Raina is there there is no confusion of  this Rayudu/Karthik nonsense.

The poor fielding will cost us the world cup. That we wentt on to win several ICC trophies is also due to demand of improved fielding and fitness from Dhoni. That is changing now and current players are fielding poorly including Kohli who always drop a catch  each match.

Last time bcci paid from own pocket and took 16 members.. if this happens either Rahul or Khaleel gets the Air India Ticket..but my gut feeling is Rayudu will be there instead of Gill

On 1/23/2019 at 12:26 PM, prasen82 said:

Kohli

Rohit

Dhawan

Gill

Dhoni

DK

Jadhav

Pant

Pandya

Bhuvneshwar

Bumrah

Shami

Jadeja

Kuldeep

Chahal

Edited by neel roy
On 1/23/2019 at 12:54 AM, bendit100 said:

I haven't seen Vijay Shanker bat or bowl...but I have been flirting with this team

1 Rohit

2 Dhawan

3 Virat

4 Shubman Gill

5 Dhoni

6 Jadhav

7 Pandya

8 Vijay Shanker

9 Chahal

10 Bhuvi/Shami

11 Bumrah

Gives us great batting depth till no 8.

In bowling we get 3 full time bowlers, 1 almost a full time bowler in Pandya and 2 part time bowlers.

So the 20 overs in the middle will be shared like Pandya 8, Jadhav 6 and Vijay Shanker 6.  This is only possible if the 3 part time bowlers keep it really tight. No loose or hit me deliveries. This combo is worth a try. 

I would have extra batting depth for atleast the knockout  games where our top 3 has a higher chance of failure and it will be upto Dhoni and middle order to stage a recovery with the balance 5 bats. 

Noo.  4 pure bowlers a must.

16 hours ago, SRT100 said:

WC XI

Hitman

Dhawan

Kohli

MS

Jadhev

Karthik

Pandya

Chalal

Kuldeep

Bhuvi

Bumrah

Sorry to pick this as example. I am surprised why Karthik is mentioned by many people. 

Karthik has a career strike rate of 73 and avg. 31. Initially, I thought this was due to his prior year stats and his game has completely transformed in the last couple of years (as evidenced by Nidahas final). This is not true. His highest strike rate for any previous year was 77!! http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/30045.html?class=2;template=results;type=batting

His average was better  in 2017/18 but SR still < 75.  In the recently concluded AUS series he has a SR of 106 (avg. 37) from 2 innings. 

I think people are thinking his 20-20 performances will translate to ODIs, but that has not been the case over the last 3 years. Pant is a far better prospect. If not Raina/Pandey/Iyer/someone new, should be tried. 

5 hours ago, Laaloo said:

Rohit

dhawan

kohli

gill

jadhav

pant

pandya

kuldeep

chahal

shami

bumrah

reserves - jadeja, bhuvi, kkd

There is Shaw Gill and Pant---> All three are not in playing 11 for same reason. More than their place in playing eleven, Its Corporate Stardom and Sponsorship Money of individual current players/stars which is threatened.

Hopefully, All three will be part of Indian team in next 3 years if they can hold their nerve. Their time will come. If we fail miserable in next world cup, they may be fast tracked

Edited by mishra

Bowling option 

Bhumrah

Shami

Bhuvi

Umesh (Ahead of khaleel or whoever )

This bowling option likely go to world cup which Is right choice 

Spinners

Kuldeep

Chahal

All-rounders

Hardik Pandya

Jadeja

Openers

Rohit

Dhawan

Pant/ Rahul

Middle order where problem came 

Option which we have now 

Rayudu :whack:

Dhoni

Jhadav 

DK

Gill 

These player only left for selection 

On 1/23/2019 at 1:33 AM, bendit100 said:

In a pressure game if our top 3 get out early there is no way we can stage a recovery with Dhoni, Karthik and Jadhav.  We need more batting depth. The problem with Indian team is that they are playing great in round robin stage and even topping their group with dominant performances. 

But when under pressure in knockout stages, they suffer a mini collapse and get knocked out of the tournament. So having batting depth is critical for knockout stages.

Consider the pressure of a knockout game and further pressure of chasing a 300+ score. We are 50/3 at the end of 12 th over and asking rate is over 6.  Can our team handle this kind of scenario ?  Becoz we are definately going to face this situation somewhere in the business end of the tournament. If we can't handle this, then we will definitely not win the World Cup.

In World Cup 2015 we were chasing 327 against Australia in the semifinals and we could only get to 233. Australia went on to finals and win the World Cup against New Zealand. The reason we lost that game was becoz we played only 6 batsmen and 5 full time bowlers.

Again in Champions Trophy 2017 finals,  we had to chase 338 against Pakistan and we scored a grand total of 150. Btw Pakistan was playing 8 batsmen in that game.

If the objective is to just qualify for the knockout stages then 6 or 7 batsmen is ok but if we really want to win then we need 8 batsmen in the team becoz we are not going to need them in every game but we will definately need them for that one special game.

The scenario which everyone has predicted took place today...we could not recover to even post a 100+ score to defend. If this is the mentality of our selectors, captain and coach then we say safely say goodbye to the World Cup. There is no way we can win by carrying 3 passengers in the form of Ruyudu, Karthik and Jadhav. These guys are extremely inconsistent in a pressure situation. There is a reason why still have not secured their place and are in and out of the Indian team over the last 8 years.

22 minutes ago, bendit100 said:

The scenario which everyone has predicted took place today...we could not recover to even post a 100+ score to defend. If this is the mentality of our selectors, captain and coach then we say safely say goodbye to the World Cup. There is no way we can win by carrying 3 passengers in the form of Ruyudu, Karthik and Jadhav. These guys are extremely inconsistent in a pressure situation. There is a reason why still have not secured their place and are in and out of the Indian team over the last 8 years.

So you're still thinking we'll win the Cup with this team, we'll get to SF at best even then if we're lucky. There are at least 3 seam attacks at par or better than us in those conditions, overall our spinners edge it against most teams but not when there's swing/seam on offer.

On 1/23/2019 at 12:54 AM, bendit100 said:

I haven't seen Vijay Shanker bat or bowl...but I have been flirting with this team

1 Rohit

2 Dhawan

3 Virat

4 Shubman Gill

5 Dhoni

6 Jadhav

7 Pandya

8 Vijay Shanker

9 Chahal

10 Bhuvi/Shami

11 Bumrah

Gives us great batting depth till no 8.

In bowling we get 3 full time bowlers, 1 almost a full time bowler in Pandya and 2 part time bowlers.

So the 20 overs in the middle will be shared like Pandya 8, Jadhav 6 and Vijay Shanker 6.  This is only possible if the 3 part time bowlers keep it really tight. No loose or hit me deliveries. This combo is worth a try. 

I would have extra batting depth for atleast the knockout  games where our top 3 has a higher chance of failure and it will be upto Dhoni and middle order to stage a recovery with the balance 5 bats. 

This is the team which has the highest probability of winning the World Cup in England.....

4 Batsmen + 2 Pace All-Rounders + 1 Spin-All rounder+ 2 Fast Bowlers + 1 Spin Bowler

This is the combo we played today and won from a difficult situation.

Had we played only 7 batsmen, we would have lost this game for sure. In a pressure game, the probability of a top order collapse is higher and hence we need to play an extra batsmen like we played today. We will face a collapse in the QF, SF or Final for sure....that is almost given.