Your unpopular opinion thread

Stradlater

45 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Ha! reminds me of a funny incident I had yesterday. So I ran out of my face wash supplies and went to get some from a nearby store. The owner who was a Punjabi declined saying that they don't sell such stuff anymore. Naturally I was surprised and asked him the reason. 

He said earlier the area was populated by students from North East and such products were in a demand a lot but in last couple of years most of them moved out to live in a nearby area and were replaced by students from the other states (the usual culprits). As per Uncleji , those SOBs won't even buy a deodorant even in friggin sweaty summers. To quote him he had to use about 10,000 bucks worth of deo at his home lest they expired since nobody was willing to purchase them.

Yes we are in general pretty *ing disgusting.

I guess it's apathy caused by years of subjugation. 

10 minutes ago, Gollum said:

On an average Southie chicks are below par. But their peak beauty is a sight to behold. Mangaloreans and some Mallus are lovely but can't match peak Tamil Brahmin beauty. On an average Iyengars and Iyers are not just blessed with the brains but also some of the most beautiful women you can find in India. My biggest crush in college was one such girl but no luck. 

You give it a try bro. Without knowing them well, how would you know whether they are conservative, uptight or chill? You're a Rajasthani hunk, from the looks department you must be comfortably above the average Tamil male and you got the brains and sense of humor. Give it a shot and keep us informed :--D.

From what I have seen the Brahmin girls of TN are open to dating/marrying outsiders. Even my mom falls in that category, though she is from Palakkad (Kerala) and shifted permanently to Delhi at a very young age....so a different upbringing. My dad is a Northie with roots in Bhopal and I see no problems in their marital life. My mom is more modern/cool than dad and is much more proficient in Hindi and Bengali :phehe:. This is just an example, I have seen other cases of Tambrahm girls date/marry outsiders in college, work, friends circle etc. 

I guess I gotta give it a shot yeah. Probably should do it alone since the crowd I hang out with has Haryanvis in majority. Nice friends but those assholes are biggest chick repellents you would ever come across. Even the usual Dilli girls dislike them but imagine the shock of someone from a totally different culture.

Need to take tips from @velulooks like it.

Hindustan Ambassador Car is GOAT for Indian conditions, not just sturdy but also incredibly classy and comfy. My dream car !!!! Pity it has been sold to a French manufacturer. The beauty of Calcutta/Kolkata involved those yellow and yellow-black ambassador taxis as vital ingredients, now the taxis are an eyesore. What a majestic beast we have lost !!! 

On 1/27/2019 at 1:46 AM, Gollum said:

Hindustan Ambassador Car is GOAT for Indian conditions, not just sturdy but also incredibly classy and comfy. My dream car !!!! Pity it has been sold to a French manufacturer. The beauty of Calcutta/Kolkata involved those yellow and yellow-black ambassador taxis as vital ingredients, now the taxis are an eyesore. What a majestic beast we have lost !!! 

In my (rather unpopular, at least on ICF) opinion, Kolkata is an eyesore.

Edited by Mariyam

Ok so i will play this game.

I have quite a few unpopular opinions as some know/remember. But by far, the most unpopular opinion i have is this:

India should make spending on police, judiciary and border security (in THAT order) a higher priority than any new acquisitions for defense spending or any 'branding exercises' like building humongous statues and such. This should be at a higher than or at worst, equal to footing than any and all spending India does. 

4 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Ok so i will play this game.

I have quite a few unpopular opinions as some know/remember. But by far, the most unpopular opinion i have is this:

India should make spending on police, judiciary and border security (in THAT order) a higher priority than any new acquisitions for defense spending or any 'branding exercises' like building humongous statues and such. This should be at a higher than or at worst, equal to footing than any and all spending India does. 

What's unpopular in that? 

IMO most of Indian cities are under developed. The most pathetic inrastructure I have seen was in Chennai and Kolkatta. Kolkatta looked shabby at every place except the hotel I stayed in. Way below expectations. One of the airports in Gujarat closes at 8 p.m. It was a shock to me. Don't recollect the name as there were three airports I used to encounter on various tours you Gujarat . Probably Bharuch.  Trust me your home is posh than the airports of Kolkata or Gujarat.It is disgusting to see how bad the situation is at so many places. 

Edited by Straight Drive

52 minutes ago, Number said:

"Looks don't matter",  "you fall in love with soul" are all just cliched bs.

In reality there are very very few people who can resist charm of good looks. I have seen some extremely intelligent people falling for near illiterate and dumb people.

Completely agreed. Give me a hot af dumb wife over an ugly intellectual feminist anyday.