Dhoni is still a problem; his series stats are misleading - but he will definitely go to the WC now (not that it was ever in doubt)

SK_IH

28 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Bumrah will come in place of Shankar, Kuldeep in place of Jadeja.How will Pandya come into playing XI. Playing with just fast bowlers is not on Kohli has no control on proceedings.They should have been all out for 160 today.

pandya in place of shankar, bumrah for shami.  two wrist spinners

2 hours ago, DHONI_FANN said:

So you expect batsmen to blast away right from the start after being 4 for 3. It was due to Dhoni's efforts we came so close to winning the first match. I am 100% sure we would have won the first match as well had wrong decision been not made against Dhoni

one day cricket with two new balls does not need consolidation

england template is the best

bat deep

bat aggressive 

a no 4 making a 30 ball 35 is more valuable then a 80 ball 50 or 55 

dhoni did not help win any of the games. any ranji batter at no 4 would have had a better strike rate . 

in the final  match , kumar , jadeja , karthick were yet to bat - dhoni increases the pressure so much that tail can do nothing after he plays a moronic 50 ball 25 . reminds me of manju in his prime - in a match in wankhede in world cup , i remembe commentators saying now india have a chance to win when manju was out on 55 ( 80 odd balls)

players who cant rotate strike are a liability . dhoni doesnt bat like a kaif , ajay jadeja or a kohli . he needs to be the coach and not a player.

3 hours ago, Dil Dil India said:

On the face of it Dhoni won MOS and scored 3 fifties in 3 games, but the stats are a little misleading. Okay, in the first ODI he got a wrong decision, but 50 from 96 in this day and age is unacceptable even if you are rebuilding. If you play 100 balls, your SR should be at least 90. In England where scores in the high 300s and 400s are not uncommon, Dhoni will be a huge liability. We will either set 300 on a 330 wicket or fall short by 30 runs chasing 300+. In both the 2nd and 3rd ODIs he was not convincing. 

But now that there's no way he won't be a part of the WC team, we need to make sure we make the best of what we have:

1)Dhawan

2)Rohit

3)Kohli

4)Dhoni

5)Karthik

6)Jadhav

7)Pandya

8)Jadeja

9)Bhuvi

10)Shami

11)Bumrah

We bat till 8-9. We will need Jadeja, Pandya and Jadhav to bowl 20 overs.

Jadeja can't be the lone spinner , not first choice . It has to be chahal or kuldeep  

India win the WC if Dhoni tears his groin. Its that simple.

Replacing Dhoni with Pant, will change entirely India's ability to chase or set any target.

The caveat is that I think Pandya needs to play as well.

India's best side is

Hitman

Gill

Kohli

Jadhav

Pant

Karthik

Pandya

Jadeja

Kuldeep/Chalal

Bhuvi

Bumrah

11 hours ago, rkt.india said:

pandya in place of shankar, bumrah for shami.  two wrist spinners

LoL. Two wrist spinners plus one Bumrah and bhuvi : all duds in batting in ODI format. Besides you want Shami to be out in his best format. Shami is a better ODI bowler than tests. 

I would like to go with one wrist spinner only. Kuldeep (first choice) but if he is not in rhythm then Chahal.

1 minute ago, Pollack said:

LoL. Two wrist spinners plus one Bumrah and bhuvi : all duds in batting in ODI format. Besides you want Shami to be out in his best format. Shami is a better ODI bowler than tests. 

I would like to go with one wrist spinner only. Kuldeep (first choice) but if he is not in rhythm then Chahal.

This has been the combination for a long time now. Don't need batting after 7.

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

It might work as well. But I think we really need some better slogger even at 8. Not necessarily proper batsman. Chahal can barely hold bat. Bhuvi and kuldeep are good for just nudging around. Bumrah is meh... I think Shami can slog a bit plus he is a quality bowler. Since we would be able to only pick wickets upfront if Bumrah manages, we need a better strike bowler to bowl in middle overs. 

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

England has made their team batting heavy out of compulsion. They do not have some one like Bhumra , Kuldip . If they had they

would grab them with both hands .

India should not go that way . Even now we almost have 4  good bowlers  in  Bhumra , Bhuvi , Kuldip , Chahal .

Should always look to have minimum 4 wicket taking  pure bowlers in ODI. You can chage the personnel for these 4 bowling spots  4 such bowlers is a must. 

Only after these 4 , pick the next 7 guys in the X1.