So we didn’t lose in any format on an overseas tour without the next “Kapil Dev”

maniac

2 hours ago, JourneyMan said:

Narrowly beating the Australian B team does not turn you into the invincibles. 

Then again, if you prefer to have the likes of Rayudu representing India in the World Cup then don't cry when they get eliminated in the first round. 

Rayudu batting, Vijay Shankar "bowling" bunch of overs of pies.  This team can afford to bench Hardik Pandya like it can afford a hole in the head.

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

I know Pandya tonked that left armer in first match against Pakistan  and in finals if they had a proper fast bowler India would have been chasing 260 plus total instead of 330.

Do yourself a favor, go check the bowling scorecard for that game.  Pandya was the one bowler who the greenbros couldn't get away.  But why let facts get in the way of your hate for gujju lukdya.

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Rayudu batting, Vijay Shankar "bowling" bunch of overs of pies.  This team can afford to bench Hardik Pandya like it can afford a hole in the head. 

shankar should work in a bakery - he bowls so many pies it only reflected aus batting mediocrity that they were not able to tonk him around.

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Aggarwal is an opener not a no.7 batsman

If he was a hitter he wud have been sitting at home in last few IPL. His s/r is not gr8 

KArthik cnt bowl 

the list is rubbish 

This list is excellent. We are talking about hitters only and I will pick those and dozen others before Pandya.

25 minutes ago, Khota said:

This list is excellent. We are talking about hitters only and I will pick those and dozen others before Pandya.

if ur talking about hitter how can u mention vihari...atleast look at his s/r. He is not even in contention for LOI 

Vihari list -A  s/r- 83

MAyank list -A - 100

DK s/r is 73 (he is showing he is a very handy lower order batsman but here is the problem indian team needs batsman who can bowl and DK cnt)

Pandya s/r - 114

how on earth are these guys better hitter then pandya . Once u suggested play Rahane at 7 and now vihari....hope ur not planning draws in LOI coz that doesnt happen

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
Do yourself a favor, go check the bowling scorecard for that game.  Pandya was the one bowler who the greenbros couldn't get away.  But why let facts get in the way of your hate for gujju lukdya.

I don’t need to check, we need bowlers or batsmen who can win matches on their own. For that you need proper 5 bowlers.You have Jadhav to pick up slack if one of them has bad day. For present Indian middle order you need bowlers to keep other team from scoring 300 plus.

Pandya on his good day with either bat or ball will not win anything. At best he is a complimentary player.We have seen enough of this bits and pieces player who has shown no improvement in either bowling or batting.

What is this gujju thing.I don’t hate Pandya because he is Gujju. Don’t bring that regional bias. . Please don’t pollute the board with this regional nonsense.

Pandya to me had enough time to show his improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let’s step back a bit. Sure Pandya has his upside in OdI and T20 but people are talking as if this guy is like the 2nd coming of Lance Kluesner.

We made fun of Pakistanis all these years for worshipping Afridi who by the way wipes the floor with Pandya as a LOI cricketer. The backing for Pandya makes it purely cringeworthy.

Pandya has a utility because he is a better bowler than guys like Rayudu,Jadhav and on par with Jadeja.

However we don’t have anyone to score a 20(11)  27(13) kind of knock from 45-50. Karthik might do that and I rate Karthik to smack quality bowlers over Pandya any day but obviously Karthik when not keeping is useless and to play him just for 20 runs is pointless. Here is where Pandya has some value. That’s about it.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

if ur talking about hitter how can u mention vihari...atleast look at his s/r. He is not even in contention for LOI 

Vihari list -A  s/r- 83

MAyank list -A - 100

DK s/r is 73 (he is showing he is a very handy lower order batsman but here is the problem indian team needs batsman who can bowl and DK cnt)

Pandya s/r - 114

how on earth are these guys better hitter then pandya . Once u suggested play Rahane at 7 and now vihari....hope ur not planning draws in LOI coz that doesnt happen

As a bat Vihari can run circles around pandya.

Let’s step back a bit. Sure Pandya has his upside in OdI and T20 but people are talking as if this guy is like the 2nd coming of Lance Kluesner.

We made fun of Pakistanis all these years for worshipping Afridi who by the way wipes the floor with Pandya as a LOI cricketer. The backing for Pandya makes it purely cringeworthy.

Pandya has a utility because he is a better bowler than guys like Rayudu,Jadhav and on par with Jadeja.

However we don’t have anyone to score a 20(11)  27(13) kind of knock from 45-50. Karthik might do that and I rate Karthik to smack quality bowlers over Pandya any day but obviously Karthik when not keeping is useless and to play him just for 20 runs is pointless. Here is where Pandya has some value. That’s about it.

Afridii won player of tournament in first t20 World Cup and when he started he wa massive as an opener. Pandya is nowhere near Afridi who would walk into almost any team as a bowler.

Karthik is another useless player who is wasting one spot.

16 hours ago, JourneyMan said:

Narrowly beating the Australian B team does not turn you into the invincibles. 

Then again, if you prefer to have the likes of Rayudu representing India in the World Cup then don't cry when they get eliminated in the first round. 

No ine is crying. A lot of fans are not stupid. They know that behind the “ band baja baraat” there is actually no bride or groom to look for

We are looking at having to play Bumrah, Shami, Bhuvi, Kuldeep and Chahal in almost every match esp vs SENA and WI. For SC teams, may not be a bad idea to go with a 4th seamer even if it’s a road. That’s where Pandya could come in. No harm in having options 

As for winning without Pandya, looking at his career, we win 70% of matches when he plays. Should that give him a permanent place in the 11?

Also, important to remember we have beaten an Aus ODI side that is ranked number 6 and was missing all its main players. Doesn’t take away the sheen off the series win but good to see in the overall context.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

really where???? vihari has place in LOI squad of India :hysterical:.....in what parllel universe

reality check- not even on radar for LOI. If he was he wud have been on flight to NZ not shubhman gill 

Gill is being rushed. I would always pick an experienced player withi similar stats over Gill. Oh I like Gill too but there is a time for everything.

shankar is not bits n pieces- he is a proper batsman who can bowl 
Jadhav is also a proper batsman
Pandya commands a place in LOI team as lower batsman only 

Proper batsman doesn’t have 105 as highest score and 5 FC hundreds at age of 27 and 2 list A hundreds.

Pandya doesn’t command anything, he is just a bits and pieces player who has shown no improvement.

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

Anyone in middle order can be better than Rayudu . Dine ship Karthik will buckle under pressure as always. Get those guy out of and give Gill a chance.

DK now has the tag of a finisher. Isn’t going anywhere 

Checked his stats, he hasn’t hit a 50 in any format in last 15 months, cute 20s and 30s have given him the cool finisher identity. Like he’s done for 15 years, will choke come a day when he’s needed to score 85-90 runs