Delhi selector and former India pacer Amit Bhandari assaulted over non-selection of player !!!

velu

2 hours ago, beetle said:

Banned for life by DDCA.

Should not be allowed to play in any other state too.

https://m.timesofindia.com/sports/cricket/news/amit-bhandari-assault-ddca-bans-u-23-player-anuj-dedha-for-life/articleshow/67977915.cms

No parents,relatives or friends will be allowed during trials .

I very much like this idea, especially for trials. When we coached U-16 state level cricketers at our nets, the parents did drop kids at nets and wait and watch to pick up their kids post nets. That is fine because parents do not have a place to sit outside the ground, so they are allowed to sit near the club office or sit on chair during club matches. But this move is good for trials or trial matches.

3 minutes ago, GolGappe said:

That's some serious stuff. Life ban from cricket would appear trivial if these charges of attempted murder stick.

10 years prison under section 307.

It could have indeed  taken a life. The case is rightly registered as attempt to murder. Hope the selector gets justice in this case with appropriate punishments / imprisonment handed over to the accused.

Edited by Straight Drive
Just now, GolGappe said:

No sympathy from my side. I hope all 15 of them get booked under section 307.

Yeah, if at all anyone deserves symapthy, it is the selector. If it was theft one could show some sympathy, but when you attempt to kill someone without provcation, with so much of planning and resourcing and so much of time to think about murder, it does not deserves a sympathy.

31 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

let the other side of the story come out.  It seems like Amit Bhandari first attacked him.  No one knows what really happened. DDCA also cannot be trusted.

are you kidding me..if Amit had attacked him shouldnt he have notified the authorities..instead this guy brings 15 goons..repeat 15 GOONS with hockey sticks and rods to beat him up..Amit Bhandari would have died if he didnt run

11 hours ago, neel roy said:

are you kidding me..if Amit had attacked him shouldnt he have notified the authorities..instead this guy brings 15 goons..repeat 15 GOONS with hockey sticks and rods to beat him up..Amit Bhandari would have died if he didnt run

Is it proved 15 goons or just a made up story by DDCA? You can't take DDCA words for gospel. Guy was hit in the head.

16 minutes ago, neel roy said:

I think this Anuj Dedha is ur brother or cousin.. have you heard the witnesses. They corroborated the story

I don't even know the guy but we are very quick to jump to conclusions. Especially when we see both dedha and Bhandari are injured. So, it doesn't look one sided. You don't know DDCA goons.