Which party/alliance will you vote for in the 2019 General elections?

Texan

Which party/alliance will you vote for in 2019 general elections?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which party/alliance will you vote for in 2019 general elections?

• BJP/NDA
    • Congress/UPA
    • BSP/SP
    • TMC/Mahagathbandhan minus Congress
    • Regional Party (not part of any other alliance)
    • Left Parties
    • Others (Please specify)
    • AAP (if outside Mahagathbandhan)

10 minutes ago, Detonator said:

Seyal lacks political acumen unlike his dad. Or else he wouldn't make anti hindu statements. Ironically karuna carefully made sure that DMK don't have that anti hindu stigma. Seyal is bleeding his core voters and now it's not a guarantee that the anti incumbency will help DMK. If admk alliance wins 10 seat in 2019 it's a massive loss for DMK. Seyal can forget his CM dreams :cantstop:

yeah..

karunanidhi  never criticized shiva or muruga/subramaniya/kartik or vinayagar knowing very well that most of the tn hindus  will get offended including his own party members ..

but he used his favorite  anti-vishnu stories to be in good books of minorities , but not sure how effective was that trick other than creating some headlines ..

i dont think i can address 50k people in a rally , but given a chance i would do better than stalin :winky: 

20 hours ago, Detonator said:

@maniac do you think Jegan Mohan Reddy win is inevitable?? 

Unfortunately yes.  There is a lot of Anti-BJP sentiment in Andhra due to the special status fiasco. CBN was totally getting trampled for that. He handled that by going a total 180 by joining the Maha Gatbandhan with Congress who are not that popular themselves. Then there are also some idiots who will vote for PK and further split the vote. Right now unless something drastic happens Jagan is going to be CM. A known crook but has a strong voter base among his caste, region and minorities.

Sad that the more literate part of India which is the south is stuck with guys like Stalin, Jagan, A make-shift govt and communism, pretty much pure scum which is not going anywhere while on the other hand the more illiterate and poor Hindi belt usually makes much more educated decisions and use the democracy better to try and change their lives only relatively speaking.

Edited by maniac

2 hours ago, maniac said:

Sad that the more literate part of India which is the south is stuck with guys like Stalin, Jagan, A make-shift govt and communism, pretty much pure scum which is not going anywhere while on the other hand the more illiterate and poor Hindi belt usually makes much more educated decisions and use the democracy better to try and change their lives only relatively speaking.

Your cause and inference are contradicting each other.

South has progressed because they voted for regional parties. Not the other way around.  North hasn't because you know why.

9 hours ago, Stan AF said:

Your cause and inference are contradicting each other.

South has progressed because they voted for regional parties. Not the other way around.  North hasn't because you know why.

Kerala and Pondicherry were the most literate state/UT when I was growing up. Pretty sure they still are. anyways Kerala has communism which is a national party regardless of their minor presence overal.

Karnataka developed mostly due to SM Krishna who was congress and now BJP.

You think Tamil Nadu or Andhra's potential is fully utilized by TDP,DMK and AIADMK?

It is not that cut and dry, people need to be refined enough to vote for the best available candidate. Most times in South people vote in blocks based on caste.

It is understandable if it happens in Bihar and UP. Even they have sown anti-incumbency and brought BJP into power at times.

Even during Emergency, the South voted for COngress. It was the North even in Gandhi family bastion that booted them out.

Edited by maniac

2 hours ago, Stan AF said:

South progressed more because of the people itself in the first place.

The point here is South is willing to trust more of its own people rather than anyone from the North. Be it Congress or BJP.

South has very strong Congress presence even till now. 

It's not the North that is underdeveloped. It is the eastern part of the North and East in general. 

These states aren't underdeveloped because they didn't elect regional parties, or whatever.

The reason many of these states are poor is because they were forced to subsidize the development of the West, South, and Western half of the North. The key states here: UP, Bihar, MP, CG, OD, Jharkhand, WB are the more naturally resource rich parts of the country. Ironically, these states are part of the infamous red corridor of naxalism. 

Some of these states vote almost exclusively for regional parties, ie West Bengal, others vote for national parties: MP, CG. Either way, they were all screwed, regardless of who they voted for. 

Due to that chomu Nehru's harebrained scheme, called the Freight Equalization Policy, these states lost their competitive advantage in natural resources. Instead of the factories based off these natural resources being built in these states, instead the natural resources were transported, on the Centre's dime, to the West, South, and the Western half of the North. 

Of course there are a few other factors, but the FEP was the biggest disaster for those states. 

10 hours ago, Number said:

South has very strong Congress presence even till now. 

They(Congress) have presence. Not strong. They are becoming a declining force in state elections. The last great congress leader from the south (YSR) died a decade ago. In parliament elections, they're seen as a necessary evil. The less said about BJP the better. They're seen as more power hungry than congress. That doesn't bode well.

As far as the South is concerned, Congress is somewhat tolerable and BJP isn't. I will be surprised if any of TN/KL/AP would vote for BJP after all the shenanigans done in the last 5 years. INC is no saint either. They took a stance similar to BJP in Sabarimala and i don't think many would vote for them in AP/Telengana also. The Southerners won't forget.

Stalin tags along with Congress for now and IMO he made a mistake calling Ra's Al Ghul as a PM candidate.

. Have not much clue about Karnataka but I doubt the arithmetic game when JD(s) and INC combine they could win the state easily.

Edited by Stan AF

5 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Truth be told, all regional parties are tired of both congress and bjp. It doesn't matter who is less good or more evil. That whole regional party alliance is testament to the fact that they have grown tired of these two national parties.

Edited by Stan AF

They(Congress) have presence. Not strong. They are becoming a declining force in state elections. The last great congress leader from the south (YSR) died a decade ago. In parliament elections, they're seen as a necessary evil. The less said about BJP the better. They're seen as more power hungry than congress. That doesn't bode well.

As far as the South is concerned, Congress is somewhat tolerable and BJP isn't. I will be surprised if any of TN/KL/AP would vote for BJP after all the shenanigans done in the last 5 years. INC is no saint either. They took a stance similar to BJP in Sabarimala and i don't think many would vote for them in AP/Telengana also. The Southerners won't forget.

Stalin tags along with Congress for now and IMO he made a mistake calling Ra's Al Ghul as a PM candidate.
. Have not much clue about Karnataka but I doubt the arithmetic game when JD(s) and INC combine they could win the state easily.
I would expect more votes for BJP from Telangana in General elections when compared to state elections. The usual conversation I see between my family and friends in Hyderabad and other towns is usually pro BJP.

But my Andhra friends are fuming with hate for Modi and I don't see much support for BJP from there.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Truth be told, all regional parties are tired of both congress and bjp. It doesn't matter who is less good or more evil. That whole regional party alliance is testament to the fact that they have grown tired of these two national parties.

:cantstop: regional parties. Let me see their credibility. Who are we talking about?

TMC - :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

BSP - :hysterical::hysterical:

RJD - :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

DMK - :hysterical:

CPI/M - :hysterical::hysterical:

SP  -  :hysterical::hysterical:

TDP - :hysterical:

NCP - :hysterical::hysterical:

They hardly have any reputation or acceptability beyond their own galli. The day Mamta, goes to Mah or Guj and CBN goes to

UP or Bih and wins a LS with a sizable margin, none of these useless parties could be taken any seriously. I cannot find anyone among them with any clean image. 

Law n Order?, Corruption? Development Vision? Past behavior? Trust? Global Appeal? Oratory Skills?

And these jokers have audacity to say that they are tired of NDA? Guj, Mah, Bih are some of the examples where there are quite a few factors where local govts have done exceptionally well with few caveat. But w.r.t. WB, AP, KL, UP these guys have not achieved anything to name worthy.

1 hour ago, Stan AF said:

These things I know.

Was just pointing out your argument that South progressed more because of regional parties is not correct. There are so many factors to it.

Withdrawal of MFN will have a huge impact.

Cargo charges is transporting commodities in quantities of 35000 tons per cargo ship visit to India was much cheaper than transporting the same tonnage to Europe or other far away countries. This will mean the profits margins of Pakistan will be severely affected. Most Pakistani business too will be severely impacted as a result. Which in turn will screw the employment in Pakistan. People will have to accept lower salary due to less jobs and more jobless people. Financial collapse of Pakistan will be more faster and they will not have budgets to spend on important sectors and public welfare. IMO this is a good move by our government. Yes, we may have to pay 2 rs more per kg for what we were importing but Indians will be willing to take this price rjse. Can poor Pakistanis and their governement afford the hit,. I doubt.

3 hours ago, someone said:

I want BJP but I dont think i will go out to vote. Imo, many BJP supporters are gonna be like that... 

Why not ?

Why can't you go out and vote?Doesn't matter who you vote for ...but vote.

Even going and giving a NOTA vote means you are giving your opinion.

Ek din thoda line  mein khade rehne se kya ho jaega ?

@velu...you too.

Edited by beetle

23 minutes ago, beetle said:

Why not ?

Why can't you go out and vote?Doesn't matter who you vote for ...but vote.

Even going and giving a NOTA vote means you are giving your opinion.

Ek din thoda line  mein khade rehne se kya ho jaega ?

@velu...you too.

have to change my state then ..

have to goto my hometown from bangalore , then vote and then come back . need 2/3 days.. can go if the polling is on weekends  :((

it will be better if we can able vote using aadheer card kyc ..

or i need to change my voter card from tn to bangalore