[Unconfirmed] BCCI asks ICC to out Pakistan from 2019 World Cup for its terror links

Nikola

You cross USA: They will bomb you to the 18th century

You cross Russia: Your future generations those that manage to survive the onslaught will never forgive you for the calamity you brought upon them

You cross China: Spend rest of your life in concentration camps, waiting, begging and praying for death

You cross tiny Sri Lanka: You will be terminated like vermin, your brethren will be forced to inferior status for eternity

You cross 1.3 billion mighty, potential economy/military powerhouse India: No cricket for next 3 months, kadi ninda, no Bollywood, kadi ninda, jumla, kadi ninda, election rallies, kadi ninda, nationalistic slogans, kadi ninda, BMKJ, kadi ninda...till the next attack comes

32 minutes ago, mishra said:

Ombudsman appointment from Supreme Court is going to Screw BCCI till next worldcup.

Parallels can be drawn into appointment of CoA when Snake Manohar was loting BCCI money for neighbouring Snakes 

I am surprised at peopke blaming coa when it's only coa suggesting ban and boycott while bcci officials are one claiming its not possible. People cannot take 2 minutes to google

21 hours ago, YCCC said:

White British all the way back, probably to the Vikings I Imagine. Granted the fact that for once in my life I got lucky (probably unlucky now) and got tickets to India v Pakistan in the ballot

ok, 

lol if true. i thought you were a bradford resident sorry. 

20 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

How are you any different than the terrorist with that mentality? Your solution is, bomb and kill innocent people (including kids) who may have nothing to do with the horrific event that took place recently. You need serious help.

Folks if you're wondering how a terrorist mentally thinks like, read his statemement over and over again. Regardless of which side of the border you stand on, this is a terrorist mentality: You killed my people, in return I will kill your people, regardless of if they are guilty or not.

P.S before you start  to sh*t storm - NO, I AM NOT OK WITH WHAT HAPPENED! However, I am equalily not ok with killing innocent people because of revenge. 

when he said 'bombs pakistan', he might have meant terrorist training camps in muredke thats also pakistan. Why are you over reacting like a bleeding heart and making it sound like he said kill the kids there ?

What is your point however ? so India should not bomb terrorist hideouts ? What should they do ?

27 minutes ago, Vilander said:

ok, 

lol if true. i thought you were a bradford resident sorry. 

What made you think that :cantstop:? I'm always on here celebrating England wins and moaning when they lose. Wouldn't be as passionate about YCCC either if I was "of pakistani descent" as unfortunately we have a poor record of tapping into the local Pakistani community both as supporters and players. Never seen an asian at a Yorkshire match and Rashid is the only notable Brit asian player we've had

Edited by YCCC
17 minutes ago, YCCC said:

What made you think that :cantstop:? I'm always on here celebrating England wins and moaning when they lose. Wouldn't be as passionate about YCCC either if I was "of pakistani descent" as unfortunately we have a poor record of tapping into the local Pakistani community both as supporters and players. Never seen an asian at a Yorkshire match and Rashid is the only notable Brit asian player we've had

Naah man, there are lots of posers on here. Good on you and keep coming back here, i found certain forums where english/NZ/SA supporters frequent lively folks i should say.

I can remember the fast bowler guy, cant remember the name . But yeah a few Indians too few pakistanis, wonder why. 

41 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Naah man, there are lots of posers on here. Good on you and keep coming back here, i found certain forums where english/NZ/SA supporters frequent lively folks i should say.

I can remember the fast bowler guy, cant remember the name . But yeah a few Indians too few pakistanis, wonder why. 

Ajmal Shahzad? Shame he never quite fulfilled his potential, quick, some days lethal other days average and then for reasons unknown fell out with the club and joined Lancs. Now a coach at the MCC so obviously matured a lot since his days of angry rants on the boundary to no one in particular.

Edited by YCCC
2 hours ago, Vilander said:

when he said 'bombs pakistan', he might have meant terrorist training camps in muredke thats also pakistan. Why are you over reacting like a bleeding heart and making it sound like he said kill the kids there ?

What is your point however ? so India should not bomb terrorist hideouts ? What should they do ?

Never said don't retaliate back. If he wants to give his opinion, better not leave it with a open ended statement - which he clarified later. It leaves people open to interpretation.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/26121031/shashank-manohar-turns-bcci-request-terrorism

Shashank Manohar turns down BCCI request on terrorism

The ICC is believed to have turned down the BCCI's proposal for member countries to "sever" ties with other members that harbour terrorism, saying the ICC was not the appropriate forum to take such decisions. The proposal came in a letter sent by the BCCI soon after the terror attack in Pulwama, in the northern Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir, in which more than 40 paramilitary troops were killed and for which a Pakistan-based terrorist group claimed responsibility.

ESPNcricinfo understands that Shashank Manohar, the ICC chairman, brought up the matter towards the end of the quarterly Board meeting on Saturday and said it would not be possible to follow that proposal.

It is understood that Amitabh Choudhury, the BCCI's acting secretary and its representative at the ICC Board, did not bring up the letter during the meetings. Manohar raised the topic himself, briefing the Board about receiving the BCCI letter and saying that the ICC's primary duty concerned cricket.

The letter was sent on February 22 by Rahul Johri, the BCCI chief executive officer, and marked to Manohar along with ICC CEO David Richardson and the ECB chairman Colin Graves. Johri mentioned that the letter was being sent at the behest of the three-member Committee of Administrators (CoA), the supervisory authority of the BCCI till fresh elections are conducted.

Before sending the letter to the ICC, the CoA chairman Vinod Rai had even overseen a draft version calling for a complete ban on Pakistan from the upcoming World Cup.

Time to send the Aussies home and extend the IPL through the WC. :isalute: #PKMKB

2 hours ago, Tibarn said:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/26121031/shashank-manohar-turns-bcci-request-terrorism

Time to send the Aussies home and extend the IPL through the WC. :isalute: #PKMKB

Why alienating aussies? FInish the series and then announce if they want to boycott.  Stopping the AUS series will be unnecessary knee jerk reaction. 

20 hours ago, sscomp32 said:

Why alienating aussies? FInish the series and then announce if they want to boycott.  Stopping the AUS series will be unnecessary knee jerk reaction. 

My thoughts:

The two different reactions people are advocating are either: 1) boycotting the WC or 2) leaving the ICC altogether( I favor the latter), will alienate the Aussies and some of the other member boards anyway.

1) If we boycott the WC, it will hurt the bottom line of all the member boards, including the Aussies. We will be torpedoing the most profitable event in the ICC calendar. It is without a doubt that many of the other cricket board budgets will be out of balance should the boycott happen.   

2) If we are planning on leaving the ICC, then we will alienate all the English/Aussies anyway. To leave the ICC, we will either play all our international cricket on the basis of bilateral agreements or we will establish an alternative, India-centric cricket board. The English/Aussies are anyway the power boards in the ICC, so the chances that they will accept to be a part of our alternative, India-centric board, are slim. Assuming the ICC still exists, then the English/Aussies will probably refuse to play us in even any bilateral series in the case we leave the ICC.

In this case, I could even foresee an attempt at an ultimatum by the ICC to the other member boards: if you play India, you can no longer be a part of the ICC or play cricket with its member boards. 

It seems to me, if we take strong action, our relationship with the English/Aussie boards will be strained regardless...

Edited by Tibarn

^ You are again talking about nuclear strike or nothing between India Pakistan.

1. Play WC. Dont play Pakistan by getting a order from GoI on grounds of security , law and order whatever

2. Continue to play every nation but unofficially or officially request them not to Play Pakistan in return they can have 1 more game with us (per format or whatever type of carrot) instead of current FTP. Essentially compensate them for their losses.

3. Increase IPL window.

Now parallely:

1. Introduce a motion like member states will chuck out Nation supporting terrorism.(ICC MoFo Snake Manohar has stopped this motion this time, but keep going to ICC in pretext of something till they agree, backdoor , front door and so on)

2. Wait for some official global body putting/recognising Pakistan as terrorist nation (Case in point FATF blacklist)

Edited by mishra

https://www.theweek.in/wire-updates/sports/2019/03/07/spd13-spo-indopak-coa.html

New Delhi, Mar 7 (PTI) Committee of Administrators (COA) chairman Vinod Rai Thursday said the BCCI is still seeking an ICC ban on countries that harbour terrorism despite a recent rejection but was non-committal on whether India will boycott Pakistan at the World Cup.
     At its board meeting in Dubai last week, the International Cricket Council (ICC) dismissed the BCCI's request to sever ties with countries from where terrorism emanates though the Indian Board did not make a specific reference to Pakistan.
     India and Pakistan are scheduled to play in the World Cup on June 16 and Rai said due process will be followed before the final decision is taken on boycotting the high-octane clash in the wake of the Pulwama terror attack.
     "Let the time come. It is still four months away. We have expressed our concerns (over security) and they (ICC) said yes, 'security will be tightened' and everything else," said Rai after a COA meeting here.
     Rai insisted that the ICC has not shot down BCCI's request of banning Pakistan from international cricket.
     "The letter was placed. It clearly says Pakistan. It is a process which goes slow. Have we been able to boycott any of the countries in the Security Council? The process goes on slowly. We have started a process," said the former CAG.
     In the wake of the Pulwama terror attack, in which more than 40 CRPF personnel were killed, the BCCI, in a letter to the ICC, urged the world body and its member nations to sever ties with countries which harbour terror.
     The India-Pakistan matter will be among the issues the COA will discuss with ICC chairman Shashank Manohar in Mumbai later this month.
     The long pending issue of BCCI becoming World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) compliant will also be discussed after the ICC expressed an urgent need to settle the matter.
     "The (ICC) Board unanimously acknowledged its desire to remain WADA compliant and committed to working in partnership with the BCCI, WADA and India NADA (National Anti-Doping Agency) to resolve the issue as a matter of urgency," the ICC said last week.
     While the BCCI is not WADA compliant, the ICC and its other members are. If the BCCI doesn't fall in line, the ICC faces the risk of being deemed WADA non-compliant, jeopardising its aim to take cricket to the Olympics by 2028.
     "A lot of issues will be discussed with the ICC chairman including the one concerning WADA," added Rai. PTI BS PM PM

Now ICC has come to BCCI for WADA. Lets re-negotiate