Jump to content
velu

Indian media !!!

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Come on. As much as we dislike Arnab, there is a difference between the judiciary and a total sell out like Arnab. He may have wanted to punish the Rohtak boys without any trial. That's his infantile wish. They did get a trial and were declared innocent after 4-5 years. Arnab should also get a trial.

What about their behazati . They were declared demons in front of millions. Rohtak boys wanted to join army they were barred from taking exam . Sarvjeet also suffered enormously because of people like Arnab .The same media never showed their innocence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, retired_hurt said:

1365744855_Screenshot2020-11-05at11_24_14AM.thumb.png.8100404172204d51aefcb3f59dc68061.png

Arnab isn't hand in glove with enemy and terrorists. 

 

Gautam Navlakha had links with Pakistan’s ISI, says NIA

Gautam Navlakha had sought mercy for a Pakistani ISI agent in US court

 

Btw Ghulam Nabi Fai is in US prison, convicted for terror funding (from Pak ISI to terror activities in Kashmir). 

 

Other 2 have incriminating links with Maoists, as per NIA/Police they even recruited cadre for Maoist terrorists. Why do you think HC rejected bail in those cases? 

 

Stop defending/downplaying fifth column, I am sure you can find other examples to make your point about Arnab's arrest. 

 

Edited by Gollum
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Singh bling said:

What about their behazati . They were declared demons in front of millions. Rohtak boys wanted to join army they were barred from taking exam . Sarvjeet also suffered enormously because of people like Arnab .The same media never showed their innocence. 

Who isn't a sellout, ravish, rajdeep, barkha, swati, nidhi, ye to bade wale hai 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Arnab should remember Sarvjeet or Rohtak Boys whom he abused and wanted to Punish without any trial. Why should Arnab be given fair trial. Karma is bitch. Rot in jail. This is you always propagated.

Imagine is Ravish Kumar dragged from his house and arrested in a BJP ruled state. Surely you wont be parroting the same line? Lets accept it...we all have our share of biases and no one can claim to be a saint.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Imagine is Ravish Kumar dragged from his house and arrested in a BJP ruled state. Surely you wont be parroting the same line? Lets accept it...we all have our share of biases and no one can claim to be a saint.

Frankly speaking I don't care about Ravish Kumar. But on the other hand I have never seen him Humiliating anybody just on basis of allegation.

 

And I am sure if Arnab had humiliated you just like he did to Rohtak boys or Saravjeet you would have want him much bigger punishment .

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Frankly speaking I don't care about Ravish Kumar. But on the other hand I have never seen him Humiliating anybody just on basis of allegation.

 

And I am sure if Arnab had humiliated you just like he did to Rohtak boys or Saravjeet you would have want him much bigger punishment .

Sorry, What was so wrong in Rohtak story, India was gripped and very emotional about what happened in Delhi Braveheart. It needed and indeed needs more women to take on people.

 

It was simple case of eveteasing. Nothing can be prooved in court for eveteasing. I would be surprised if anyone was ever actually sent to prison for such crime

 

. Just because there was no evidence that can legally be acceptable in court, doesnt mean everything is hunky dory. Lack of evidence doesnt mean those Sisters are culprits. Its not that all the journalist from NDTV to Timesnow or India Today need to make a fullproof case. they reported what they saw was correct.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Singh bling said:

Frankly speaking I don't care about Ravish Kumar. But on the other hand I have never seen him Humiliating anybody just on basis of allegation.

 

And I am sure if Arnab had humiliated you just like he did to Rohtak boys or Saravjeet you would have want him much bigger punishment .

I am not aware of Rohtak or Saravjeet case but have not supported Arnab's witch hunt on Rhea Chakraborty and have even written here in ICF. But you would be naive to think likes of Ravish Kumar, Rajdeep and Barkha is not toxic. They are equally as toxic as Arnab but the difference is only the tone. Think about Sudhir Choudhury...he says the same things as Arnab does but the difference is only the tone.

 

So the point is, had Pranoy Roy or Ravish Kumar being arrested in a BJP state for questioning govt. I am sure liberals would be shouting intolerance, gagging of press etc. We all are hypocrites in a way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mishra said:

Sorry, What was so wrong in Rohtak story, India was gripped and very emotional about what happened in Delhi Braveheart. It needed and indeed needs more women to take on people.

 

It was simple case of eveteasing. Nothing can be prooved in court for eveteasing. I would be surprised if anyone was ever actually sent to prison for such crime

 

. Just because there was no evidence that can legally be acceptable in court, doesnt mean everything is hunky dory. Lack of evidence doesnt mean those Sisters are culprits. Its not that all the journalist from NDTV to Timesnow or India Today need to make a fullproof case. they reported what they saw was correct.

I guess you never followed that story. Several passengers clearly reported that the boys were actually helping old woman.moreover it was reported that girls were habitual offender and use to threat men with molestation case

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rohtak_sisters_viral_video_controversy

A longer unedited video had been found on the internet, in which the girls asked a third girl, who had filmed the incident on their phone, to return it. Later another man came forward and claimed that he had been similarly accused of molestation by the girls and he had to pay 20,000 to have the charges dropped.[4]

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Gollum said:

Arnab isn't hand in glove with enemy and terrorists. 

 

Gautam Navlakha had links with Pakistan’s ISI, says NIA

Gautam Navlakha had sought mercy for a Pakistani ISI agent in US court

 

Btw Ghulam Nabi Fai is in US prison, convicted for terror funding (from Pak ISI to terror activities in Kashmir). 

 

Other 2 have incriminating links with Maoists, as per NIA/Police they even recruited cadre for Maoist terrorists. Why do you think HC rejected bail in those cases? 

 

Stop defending/downplaying fifth column, I am sure you can find other examples to make your point about Arnab's arrest. 

 

There is a lot of stuff that is quite incriminating against Gautam Navlakha.

 

But can you say the same about Sudha Bharadwaj?

 

She has taught me (a guest lecturer) and in my limited exposure to her, found her to be very smart, articulate and most of all humane. At least superficially, she doesn't come across as someone who would conspire to topple the state.

I haven't followed the charges against her but there is a strong set of people in the legal fraternity who are of the opinion that the investigation, both by the Pune Police and the NIA is very shoddily done and that there is nothing incriminating vis a vis what she is charged of.

And she was arrested under the UAPA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mishra said:

Sorry, What was so wrong in Rohtak story, India was gripped and very emotional about what happened in Delhi Braveheart. It needed and indeed needs more women to take on people.

 

It was simple case of eveteasing. Nothing can be prooved in court for eveteasing. I would be surprised if anyone was ever actually sent to prison for such crime

 

. Just because there was no evidence that can legally be acceptable in court, doesnt mean everything is hunky dory. Lack of evidence doesnt mean those Sisters are culprits. Its not that all the journalist from NDTV to Timesnow or India Today need to make a fullproof case. they reported what they saw was correct.

I'm afraid most of what you've posted is *completely* incorrect.

 

These links may give you some insights

https://www.livemint.com/opinion/columns/the-complex-matter-of-tv-news-regulation-in-india-11600879568530.html

https://www.financialexpress.com/opinion/beyond-breaking-news-getting-tv-news-content-regulation-right/2115147/

 

Long story short, 'News' is regulated. There are statutory bodies which can pull you up for half truths/ innuendos/ fake news.

To circumvent this, most news channels have 'debates' and not news telecasts. The 'debates' do not (yet) fall under the ambit of many of these regulatory bodies. Hence the spurt in 'debates' that we see. Sooner or later, these will be regulated too. The courts will catch on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

^ That story was picked by all news channels who may have been duped by video evidence shared by girls and plague of eave teasing and social system in India. Iirc, i saw similar report on some channel on different case and i could easily make out that boy was innocent.

 

As far as regulation is concerned, which body regulates media? Its still under I&B and they can pick and choose what they want not to be reported. And only time they come in is when its about national borders or blatant lie.

 

Ps:  I have somewhere on some thread said, It will be nice if after all this corporate war crap, Indian media gets ra regulatory body.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mariyam said:

There is a lot of stuff that is quite incriminating against Gautam Navlakha.

 

But can you say the same about Sudha Bharadwaj?

 

She has taught me (a guest lecturer) and in my limited exposure to her, found her to be very smart, articulate and most of all humane. At least superficially, she doesn't come across as someone who would conspire to topple the state.

I haven't followed the charges against her but there is a strong set of people in the legal fraternity who are of the opinion that the investigation, both by the Pune Police and the NIA is very shoddily done and that there is nothing incriminating vis a vis what she is charged of.

And she was arrested under the UAPA.

You can't do character analysis based on a one semester long lecture. The Maoist leader Ganapathy (aka Lakshmana Rao, People's War Group) is an affable, soft spoken, well read person as per Rahul Pandita, one of the very few journalists who got to interview him on more than one occasion. Doesn't make him a lesser monster, guy is responsible for 1000s of deaths. Same true about LTTE's Prabhakaran and many other terrorists....smart, articulate, charming, trait of any successful leader. 

 

I am sure agencies know much more than us, and we must respect their decision making. Sure a few innocents may get unlucky for being at the wrong place at the wrong time but overall India has managed to contain the threat of terrorism much much better compared to 2000s, even the Maoist movement is dying. Agencies have got a thankless job, they may prevent 100 attacks but if one slips through they will be guilt-ridden for the rest of their lives. If they want to be more cautious why be cynical? Normal people don't go hobnobbing with Naxal cadre, and there is strong evidence to suggest that many LW 'so called' intellectuals have extended support to their violent, insurgent ways in the past. Read about the support for (China's proxy soldiers) Naxals in Calcutta University, Jadavpur in the 70s and how Siddharth Shankar Ray crushed the movement in the campuses...many profs/students were involved in conspiracy against the nation. More recently the DU prof Saibaba case...

 

Anyway you may be having more knowledge about the legal part. If she is indeed innocent I hope she is set free in the future and her reputation is restored among the general masses. I won't blame the police/NIA that much, all for the greater good. India is surrounded by threats from all directions, also internal ones....Naxal violence has claimed over 20,000 lives since 2000......unless we are proactive in countering the menace more innocents will continue to suffer. Not a day goes by without them killing some panchayat worker, govt school teacher, any believer/supporter of Indian democracy.,.....these communist dogs have killed more people worldwide than any other group in modern history. 3 weeks ago 25 tribals were gunned down in Bastar by red terrorists 'for being police informers' LINK So I have no sympathy for this lot and these activists who normalize their ideology/methods. 

Edited by Gollum
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gollum

I haven't read a lot on this specific case. Wasn't drawing a character sketch, just sharing what I had observed/learned. Not denying that the Naxals wreak havoc, or at least have in the past, in the Indian hinterlands.

But lets look at this specific case.

Ever since taking over, the NIA is yet to file a supplementary charge-sheet in the case.

An article from 2019. 

As of today she has been in custody for two years as an undertrial!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Serves him right for risking his and family’s life in supporting a third class event Management company like BJP...
Now he’s paying the price for it...
There are news coming that he was forced to drink some garbage liquid and kicked with boots. I am presuming it to be cow urine.

#Demorcay

https://www.opindia.com/2020/11/arnab-goswami-tortured-beaten-unknown-liquid-choked-details-mumbai-police/amp/

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...