Speed & Performance of Indian and Foreign Speed Merchants in IPL 2019

vishalvirsingh

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

More than release speeds,  it is the speed at the point when the batsman plays which is more important.

Bumrah is definitely one of those pacers who loses a little less speed after the ball pitches, compared to most international pacers.

A 145 kph release speed delivery by Bumrah probably reaches the batsman at say 125 kph on a certain pitch compared to say 120 kph at the batsman's end on the same pitch by most pacers releasing the ball at 145 kph.

Brett Lee was very quick as well in those days. His action makes a bit of a difference for him.

3 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

I see a thread titled " Bye Bye Madrassis.." Can any of you get it deleted? These kinds of posts really present us in very bad light

IPL is troll season and it is a fun thread. You can find threads about other teams too. 

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Bumrah's angle is a big difference. He creates this unusual angle that batsmen don't find it easy to go after. 

It is not just a question of not being able to go after the bowler.

Bumrah hits the bat very very hard ... his balls fly through to the keeper and pound into the keeper's gloves.

It is what they call the heavy ball.

Lee was super quick for about a decade, if not more, just like Akhtar he was a good 10mph quicker on avg than any of his contemporaries. He was at his quickest in the WC 2003, him & Akhtar were breathing fire back then. For as quick as Starc was last WC, both Shoib & Brett were probably 5mph quicker than him.

Just now, R!TTER said:

Lee was super quick for about a decade, if not more, just like Akhtar he was a good 10mph quicker on avg than any of his contemporaries. He was at his quickest in the WC 2003, him & Akhtar were breathing fire back then. For as quick as Starc was last WC, both Shoib & Brett were probably 5mph quicker than him.

Because of Brett Lee, Ganguly decided to field first lol. He was terrorizing oppositions in SA conditions.  They didn't expect a road for final.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

IPL is troll season and it is a fun thread. You can find threads about other teams too. 

The word "Madrasi" has been used condescendingly in the past. Maybe posters now dont suffer from such prejudices but we should not bring such words into circulation again. And whats with this  Chuski Bambi nonsense? Does this happen when India play internationally too?

3 hours ago, Forward Defence said:

What do you guys make of Deepak Chahar. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Went for 20 in one over today but came back to take 3 wickets. Has a good seam presentation and can certainly get outswing. If he can add a couple of yards to his pace, might become quite an effective customer @express bowling @Rightarmfast @Mosher @rkt.india @MultiB48 @Suhaan

Chahar's lack of natural bounce is something that makes me uncomfortable while considering him as an international prospect.

Such pacers, without bounce, succeed at international level if they are 145+ with accuracy.  

Edited by express bowling

7 hours ago, R!TTER said:

Not 5 mph but 5 kph on average. 5 mph high would be 95 mph average which wasn't the case. They had higher top speed.

7 hours ago, Forward Defence said:

The word "Madrasi" has been used condescendingly in the past. Maybe posters now dont suffer from such prejudices but we should not bring such words into circulation again. And whats with this  Chuski Bambi nonsense? Does this happen when India play internationally too?

IPL forum is troll forum for fun and banter. Posters are usually not restricted here. Also don't think madrasis is derogatory.

26 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Not 5 mph but 5 kph on average. 5 mph high would be 95 mph average which wasn't the case. They had higher top speed.

Lee was 5mph faster, can't say that about Shoib because I didn't see him as closely but Brett bowled many spells in the WC where his avg speed was well above 150 kph.

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

IPL forum is troll forum for fun and banter. Posters are usually not restricted here. Also don't think madrasis is derogatory.

I am sorry @rkt.india , but being a senior member here, people expect better of you and from senior members like you. I live in Bangalore, and I take offence to the word madrasi. Its highly derogatory. Just because this is troll season, doesnt mean you start calling a northeastern 'chinki'. Or a black, a nigger. 

The basic decorum has to be maintained. And its a request to the senior members to not make mindless comments on such posts, or defend such posts. if you are not able to understand the seriousness and the gravity of such words, better not comment on it. 

42 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I am sorry @rkt.india , but being a senior member here, people expect better of you and from senior members like you. I live in Bangalore, and I take offence to the word madrasi. Its highly derogatory. Just because this is troll season, doesnt mean you start calling a northeastern 'chinki'. Or a black, a nigger. 

The basic decorum has to be maintained. And its a request to the senior members to not make mindless comments on such posts, or defend such posts. if you are not able to understand the seriousness and the gravity of such words, better not comment on it. 

"Chinki" is different from "Madrasi". Chinki is offensive because you are making fun of looks of our own countrymen.

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

the guy who had made this thread is a co-founder and admin.  How is Madrasi derogatory can you explain me? Chennai was known as madras and Chennai is madras and it is towards CSK.  it could have have been even Madras Super kings.  MRF is still madras rubber factory.  They have not changed their name.  Does it mean that name is derogatory?

Edited by rkt.india

5 hours ago, R!TTER said:

Lee was 5mph faster, can't say that about Shoib because I didn't see him as closely but Brett bowled many spells in the WC where his avg speed was well above 150 kph.

5 mph faster would mean average speed between 155-160 average speed because Starc himself bowled at an average speed close to 147-150K range.

18 hours ago, rkt.india said:

the guy who had made this thread is a co-founder and admin.  How is Madrasi derogatory can you explain me? Chennai was known as madras and Chennai is madras and it is towards CSK.  it could have have been even Madras Super kings.  MRF is still madras rubber factory.  They have not changed their name.  Does it mean that name is derogatory?

It is more offensive to those who are not from Madras(now CHennai).  Each state in south has their own tradition, culture although lot of them overlap. Northies/Southies  is less offensive. If you call anyone from south as Madrasi it is offensive. if you call only those who are from Chennai/Madras or even TN then it is not that offensive since Madras is located there.