Ashwin you are a ficking disgrace

King Tendulkar

Was Ashwin right or wrong?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Was Ashwin right or wrong?

2 minutes ago, zen said:

Per law I can be innocent despite murdering someone if body is not discovered or if there was not “enough” evidence or whatever the clause can get me out .... You can convince yourself with it not those who know how to play with the law too 

This is blatant cheating by Ashwin, who deliberately stopped from bowling when in his normal stride Butler went out of crease .... On live TV ppl saw that 

Let’s not play childish games! Have to hold the players to higher standards 

I wouldn't call it cheating. More like legal chicanery (an oxymoronic thing to say). 

He tries to con Butler here with a bit of anticipation and Butler got caught out.

Not something Ashwin should feel proud about and not something to applaud him for. However, cheating it is not.

Just now, mishra said:

Now u are making up stuff. Again read it.

5C54AEBE-1289-453E-8D06-0EB2A343CB6F.jpeg.62eb336a0b372c4194b2d9af5ee05c23.jpeg

Frame that if it makes you happy but it does not change the fact that Ashwin did a con job 

Also other ppl have higher standards than what Ashwin displayed. I would not expect anyone on my team to do “Ashwining” 

I hope all teams gang up against Kings11 batsmen from now on and run them out in similar fashion at the first available opportunity or in some other way, which is as per rules but not sportsmanship like appealing for handling the ball/obstructing the fielder when a Kings11 batsman tries to pickup the ball to give it to back to bowler/keeper. Ashwin has asked for it. Will be even more fun if this happens in a crucial moment and knocks Punjab out.

Such desperation to win games normally leads you to what the Aussies faced last year.

4 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

I wouldn't call it cheating. More like legal chicanery (an oxymoronic thing to say). 

He tries to con Butler here with a bit of anticipation and Butler got caught out.

Not something Ashwin should feel proud about and not something to applaud him for. However, cheating it is not.

However you term it but let us not forget that cheating can be done by misusing the law too ....  Sportsmen with higher ethical standards would avoid doing that 

Edited by zen

4 minutes ago, zen said:

Frame that if it makes you happy but it does not change the fact that Ashwin did a con job 

Also other ppl have higher standards than what Ashwin displayed. I would not expect anyone on my team to do “Ashwining” 

I am just pointing you to law. You are making it Ashwin vs Butler, due diligence blah blah blah.

Law clearly says it Batsman who is trying to gain advantage aka cheating 

3 minutes ago, zen said:

However you term it but let us not forget that cheating can be done by misusing the law too ....  Sportsmen with higher ethical standards would avoid doing that 

Agreed, but this wasn't an instance of cheating. It was, like you said, a con job and they aren't necessarily one and the same thing.

Another example of a con job would be a keeper knowingly appealing for a non-existent edge and the umpire giving it out. Not cheating per se, as fielders are entitled to appeals but definitely con man behaviour.

3 minutes ago, mishra said:

I am just pointing you to law. You are making it Ashwin vs Butler, due diligence blah blah blah.

Law clearly says it Batsman who is trying to gain advantage aka cheating 

Good as Butler was in his crease if Ashwin had actually bowled vs. deliberating stopping till Butter, who expected Ashwin to have bowled at that point,  naturally carried himself out in his stride .... making this a con job ....  sorry to see that you have to support such acts 

2 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Agreed, but this wasn't an instance of cheating. It was, like you said, a con job and they aren't necessarily one and the same thing.

Another example of a con job would be a keeper knowingly appealing for a non-existent edge and the umpire giving it out. Not cheating per se, as fielders are entitled to appeals but definitely con man behaviour.

From my faint memory, in the 1992 final, an Englishman thought he was given out and started walking. But the umpire gave him not out (something like that). A Pakistani tried to run him out during that process 

I am not fond of such behaviours 

3 minutes ago, zen said:

Good as Butler was in his crease if Ashwin had actually bowled vs. deliberating stopping till Butter, who expected Ashwin to have bowled at that point,  naturally carried himself out in his stride .... making this a con job ....  sorry to see that you have to support such acts 

But has he “released “ the ball? I can guarantee, No other bat will get out like that. They will not go so far ahead that they cant come back?

Also, Ash didn’t do a Jonty Rhodes. He is slow guy and he didn’t pounced on stumps either.

He hasn’t even started final part of his arm rotation to release the ball. Instead he took that time to hit the stumps. Thats how i see it.

And hence i ask you to refer the law. You may be seeing something else. 

BTW, even if he would hve done Jonty Rhodes, Still , Butler was one that Cheating 

9 minutes ago, mishra said:

But has he “released “ the ball? I can guarantee, No other bat will get out like that. They will not go so far ahead that they cant come back?

Also, Ash didn’t do a Jonty Rhodes. He is slow guy and he didn’t pounced on stumps either.

He hasn’t even started final part of his arm rotation to release the ball. Instead he took that time to hit the stumps. Thats how i see it.

And hence i ask you to refer the law. You may be seeing something else. 

BTW, even if he would hve done Jonty Rhodes, Still , Butler was one that Cheating 

As mentioned, Buttler wasn’t as if Ashwin has bowled normally, he would have been inside the crease .... Ashwin did a con job by not bowling normally (and you are saying “did Ashwin release the ball” when If he had released the ball, he would not have the ball in his hand to do the con job) :facepalm:

Edited by zen

1 minute ago, zen said:

As mentioned, Buttler wasn’t as if Ashwin has bowled normally, he would have been inside the crease .... Ashwin did a con job by not bowling normally (and you are saying did Ashwin release the ball. If he had released the ball, how would he have the ball in his hand to do the con job) :facepalm:

Doesn’t Ashwin have a natural pause in his action?

Edited by Global.Baba

Calling what ashwin did as cheating is stupid. He did what he did well within the rules. That is tangible. Spirit of cricket etc are just subjective.

Umpire should have made the call. It was an umpiring error.

Would Ashwin have done to this Virat,Dhoni ,Rohit Sharma or even Yuvraj,Dhawan etc is a different debate.

Edited by Global.Baba

3 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

How do you measure that? What he did is within the rules, rest was it deliberate- obvious duh.

Now spirit of the game, methods employed etc are just subjective.

Subjective for those who want to overlook it 

con.job