World Idli Day

Gollum

8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Digressing a bit but all Bengalureans must try out a place called Holige Mane at least once. Underrated gem of a place that serves the best Holige/Puran Poli/Boli/Poli in the city. 

https://www.zomato.com/bangalore/holige-mane-malleshwaram

You are a bong right ? 

One of the best ice creams I have had is that jaggery based pabrais nolen ghur . It’s a must try . 

3 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

You are a bong right ? 

No but I stayed in Bengal for many years, culturally a Bong to a great extent.  

3 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

One of the best ice creams I have had is that jaggery based pabrais nolen ghur . It’s a must try . 

Have to try it.

24 minutes ago, Gollum said:

No but I stayed in Bengal for many years, culturally a Bong to a great extent.  

Have to try it.

Always thought u wer a bong . So a Marwari may be ? 

Anyway you should try that , dint expect a jaggery based ice cream to taste good let alone making me order it every week 

12 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Always thought u wer a bong . So a Marwari may be ? 

Mixed, a tale of 2 states. Dad from Bhopal but family roots in Banaras , Mom with family roots from Palakkad (Tamil speaking in Kerala like Vidya Balan :p:) who was brought up in Delhi. Complicated, me born and brought up in Bengal, so speak Hindi, Bengali much much better than Tamil.   

Anyway you should try that , dint expect a jaggery based ice cream to taste good let alone making me order it every week 

I love jaggery based Mishti Doi. Will give your recommendation a try in the future. 

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, jusarrived said:

Idly + manglorean chicken curry / ghee roast 

Home made Neerdosa beats everything else for a breakfast 

Mangalorean chicken curry has far too much coconut paste/flavour for my liking.

I think this is the 'issue' with all coastal Indian cuisines.

You guys have to try out the idly prepared by madurai peeps. One of my friends mom prepared an unique kind. She just put a dozen idlys in a dabba added with idly powder (chilli+dal+little jaggery) and groundnut oil. And tossed it into the car boot. While we travelled those dabbas jumped all over the boot and marinated really good. Damn, it's heavenly. 

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Mangalorean chicken curry has far too much coconut paste/flavour for my liking.

I think this is the 'issue' with all coastal Indian cuisines.

You don’t mind coconut in your chutney ? 

We don’t abuse coconuts and bananas like mallus do lol ,  but I understand some may not like the taste if you are not used to it . 

Second best breakfast item for me after Dose (yes, that's how it is pronounced in Kannada). Idli Vada Sambar, triveni sangam on your plate.. Top it with filter coffee. Nothing beats a south Indian breakfast. You can stuff your North Indian aloo parathas and poha in a sack.

Edited by coffee_rules

5 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Second best breakfast item for me after Dose (yes, that's how it is pronounced in Kannada). Idli Vada Sambar, triveni sangam on your plate.. Top it with filter coffee. Nothing beats a south Indian breakfast. You can stuff your North Indian aloo parathas and poha in a sack.

Aloo Paratha is awesome too, Poha is overrated IMO.