Morgan

Buttler

Stokes

Ali

Woakes/Willey

Archer

Rashid

Wood

Beat this team and win the WC. I have assumed Archer will play the WC.

The only weak link here is Root...a better and consistent version of hahane in shorter formats. Gets mostly 50s and then gets out. Struggles to get going.

I would replace him with Bairstow as that guy can bat anywhere depending on the situation and excel.

Roy

Hales

Bairstow

Morgan

Butler

Stokes

Ali

Top 7 is just too strong.

9 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

The only weak link here is Root...a better and consistent version of hahane in shorter formats. Gets mostly 50s and then gets out. Struggles to get going.

I would replace him with Bairstow as that guy can bat anywhere depending on the situation and excel.

Roy

Hales

Bairstow

Morgan

Butler

Stokes

Ali

Top 7 is just too strong.

Root is their best batsman lol not a weak link

Roy                                        Warner

Bairstow                                  Finch

Root                                         Khawaja/Marsh

Morgan                                    Smith

Buttler                                     Maxwell

Stokes                                     Stoinis  

Ali                                             Carey  

Woakes/Willey                          Starc

Archer                                     Cummins

Rashid                                     Zampa

Wood                                      Jhye 

Bolded ones indicate better. Others not sure, depends on what form they bring to the WC, don't see why Maxwell can't match Butler, Smith=Morgan or Stoinis w.r.t current version of Stokes. And Oz will peak at the right time as always in WCs, be mentally tougher in KO stage, better squad depth too especially in the bowling department which is key in a long WC campaign. Beat this Oz team to win the WC.

9 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Roy                                        Warner

Bairstow                                  Finch

Root                                         Khawaja/Marsh

Morgan                                    Smith

Buttler                                     Maxwell

Stokes                                     Stoinis  

Ali                                             Carey  

Woakes/Willey                          Starc

Archer                                     Cummins

Rashid                                     Zampa

Wood                                      Jhye 

Bolded ones indicate better. Others not sure, depends on what form they bring to the WC, don't see why Maxwell can't match Butler, Smith=Morgan or Stoinis w.r.t current version of Stokes. And Oz will peak at the right time as always in WCs, be mentally tougher in KO stage, better squad depth too especially in the bowling department which is key in a long WC campaign. Beat this Oz team to win the WC.

It's my prophesy, Eng will knock Aus out this WC

Their bowling isn't world class, and can concede runs, but that batting lineup goes all the way till 10 giving the top order security to play with freedom, and the power in the top order is just immense; they can chase down anything. Their matches at Nottingham will be fun to watch, play Pak there .

After the WC India need to model their batting on England, unfortunately we do not have the depth in all rounders- that is Englands big strength 4 or 5 good to decent all rounders in the XI-  but we need to start get the power hitters in the squad .

9 minutes ago, Stumped said:

Not sure I can agree with Maxwell and Stoinis being on par with Stokes and Buttler in recent years or Zampa being better than Rashid. I'd also put Woakes as an all-round package on par with Starc recently. Some stats since the last world cup for these comparisons:

Maxwell: Ave 31.73 @ 117.44, Ave 59.18 @ 5.70
Buttler : Ave 49.00 @ 123.07, Keeping

Stoinis: Ave 38.52 @ 93.49, Ave 46.23 @ 6.14

Stokes: Ave 46.30 @ 97.46, Ave 43.00 @ 6.11

Starc: Ave 25.59 @ 5.22, Ave 7.86 @ 95.16

Woakes: Ave 29.84 @ 5.36, Ave 35.50 @ 100.47

Zampa: Ave 35.45 @ 5.59 Ave 7.07 @ 63.46

Rashid: Ave 28.93 @ 5.58, Ave 19.54 @ 99.36

But stats aren't everything, we have our eyes also to help. Otherwise Rayudu will appear as a better bat than Kane/Smith.

Almost same team choked in 2017 ct. I know team will beat any side in world but this is icc tournament and in pressure they haven't done anything worth mentioning yet. This might be first time but will have to wait and see. India, Aus and even Pak have been there and done it before.

I like that we start as underdogs. Pressure is on Eng. I am more worried about Aus considering they beat us at Home. India just couldn’t handle Zampa, Lion, Cummins. India’s menaces are not even selected ( Handscomb and Turner ) 

I think Ind would run Eng close. I am not sure about Aus. It’s a mental thing.

To all those overrating Aus over Eng about their supposed great mental strength should remember in the last 3 years, Eng has beaten Aus mercilessly whether it was in CT2017 or in Aus or in Eng.

Regarding bowling, Eng has a good enough bowling attack if Archer plays the WC. 2 fast bowlers. one leggie, one all rounder in Woakes or Willey and Ali/ Stokes, this is good variety of options to have  and they may be not the best bowling attack in the World Cup  but they will not be far behind as well.

20 minutes ago, velu said:

best chance for england ..

but aussies have a better team with good bowlers ..

if the pitches turns out to be little slow because of hot summer , both england and aussies will be polishing our shoes :aha:

Our batsman are worse playing spin than other teams. gone those days when we were proud of having great players of spin.

and no please don't mention thala back in reply as great player of spin.

3 hours ago, YCCC said:

Won't win it. They're bottling cunts like Yorkshire.

Will be the last chance as the ECB are downgrading the domestic 50 over competition to a "development competition" from next year in favour of the hundred ****

They are overwhelming favorites. But something tells me they will implode against spin in a crucial match. Not sure which team.