Petition to include Pant in the WC squad

zen

11 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

All his "potential" has resulted in zilch in LOIs. His brainless batting has been a bane, not a boon.

because he has been given zilch opportunity so far in LOIs. 

Just look at the way SA has eased Vander Dussen into their setup, gave him two full series before the WC without any unecessary pressure and now he is part of their WC squad. Compare that to the farce that has transpired in India.

38 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Just look at the way SA has eased Vander Dussen into their setup, gave him two full series before the WC without any unecessary pressure and now he is part of their WC squad. Compare that to the farce that has transpired in India.

Or aiden karykram.

Also lol at those judging Pant based on 5 matches . Give him a consistent run of 15 ODIs before seeing whether he's good enough or not. If he's going to be batting at 6 as a finisher , of course he's going to have to take chances with big hits. Average of 50 is useless when you are striking at 70 odd in modern one day cricket. 

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

3 ODIs are enough?

5 ODIs. 15 T20Is. Played enough to show that he's not winning any games by playing all those missed reverse sweeps.

1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

He's played the same amount of matches as Dinesh Karthik has in the same time period.

16 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

5 ODIs. 15 T20Is. Played enough to show that he's not winning any games by playing all those missed reverse sweeps.

He's played the same amount of matches as Dinesh Karthik has in the same time period.

he played 5 ODI matches irregularly in two series, didnt bat in one of them, so that makes it  4 chances in two series.

Compare that to DK, he got Eng series as well as Asia Cup back to back and then another two in Aus and NZ. DK threw starts in many of the matches he played

3 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Compare that to DK, he got Eng series as well as Asia Cup back to back and then another two in Aus and NZ. DK threw starts in many of the matches he played

DK isn't the best choice. He's just the least worse of the two.

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

DK had played 80 matches to show he isn't winning anything.

No he's not, but he's also not going to lose games like Pantfridi.

9 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

So it means you don't have a count of dk's match loosing innings ??are you so naive?

Let's put it this way. If India needed 40 off the last 40 balls, I'd count on Karthik to stay till the end and win it than I would Pant.

If India needed 70 off the last 40 balls, I would count on neither to get it because Karthik would play too slow and Pant would hole out with 50 runs left.

10 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Let's put it this way. If India needed 40 off the last 40 balls, I'd count on Karthik to stay till the end and win it than I would Pant.

If India needed 70 off the last 40 balls, I would count on neither to get it because Karthik would play too slow and Pant would hole out with 50 runs left.

So adamant to make an opinion about a guy who has just played 5 odis

Let me help you here,if needed 40 off 40 no one would be betting on dk simply as he wont score anything more than 20

Well 70 off 40 is beyond reach of that poor guy

3 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

7 out of DK's 10 innings since 2018 have been scores over 20.

you come across as someone frustrated with Pant, trust me I have same emotions with regards to his performances so far. But can you tell what is Ind gaining by not picking him and picking DK in his stead. I mean what is making you claim Pant would be an inferior choice in comparison to DK, a perennial failure :dontknow:

2 hours ago, SK_IH said:

But can you tell what is Ind gaining by not picking him and picking DK in his stead. I mean what is making you claim Pant would be an inferior choice in comparison to DK, a perennial failure :dontknow:

The way both play. Pant is the kind of player who would screw up a simple chase and for all his "potential" he hasn't converted them into performances in LOIs. As mediocre as Karthik is, he has a stable head on his shoulders and knows when to bat sensibly and wouldn't play a braindead shot to lose the game for the team.

Like I've already said before, our tail is already long as it is. We don't want to make it longer with a walking wicket in Pant batting in the top 6. Maybe some day he'll come good in ODIs, but right now he has done nothing to deserve a place in the World Cup squad. Even his List A numbers are nothing great.

14 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

The way both play. Pant is the kind of player who would screw up a simple chase and for all his "potential" he hasn't converted them into performances in LOIs. As mediocre as Karthik is, he has a stable head on his shoulders and knows when to bat sensibly and wouldn't play a braindead shot to lose the game for the team.

Like I've already said before, our tail is already long as it is. We don't want to make it longer with a walking wicket in Pant batting in the top 6. Maybe some day he'll come good in ODIs, but right now he has done nothing to deserve a place in the World Cup squad. Even his List A numbers are nothing great.

you have kept repeating Pant will screw up a chase and play braindead shots. The walking wicket has two test centuries against his name. The fact here is Ind looks well short of having the batting brawns in comparison to the likes of Eng -Aus and Pant is the closest to that kind of player Ind could have afforded.  Anyway if DK knew how to bat sensibly he would have been a regular and Pant would not have been considered anyways.

For bringing sanity to a chase , Ind already has a Dhoni/Kohli, tou ab sab ussi tarah ke players le le ?

11 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Anyway if DK knew how to bat sensibly he would have been a regular and Pant would not have been considered anyways.

No other wicketkeeper is going to be a regular when Dhoni is already a lock in the team.

Anyway, Karthik just scored 97* off 50. Will be interesting to see how many people wet their pants just after one innings now.