In trying to take the chase deep, KL Rahul made it impossible - Harsha Bhogle

vvvslaxman

4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

That depends on condition, what you chase if you bat second, what kind of bowlers bowl. Let us say Dale steyn and Rabada are bowling 5 overs each. Is it worth throwing the bat around?

Thats fine if the conditions are difficult and we are facing Rabada/Steyn , but thats very rare these days . We are regularly playing in 350 par pitches , more so England if we target anything less than 100 in first 15 we will always set below par targets . 

My problem with our approach opening is , we dnont score run a ball in PPs on flattest of pitches even against a Bangladeshi pace attack . 

52 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Anyway one positive is , a well set KL looks very destructive . if hes played in the middle order , KL + Dhoni ( assuming hes regained the hitting form ) + Hardik is as good as we have had . I think they are the Top 3 6 hitters from India this IPL

pant is still striking around 160.  second best after Pandya in terms of SR.

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

Here is my opinion on players with good form

1. Pandya

2. Dhoni

3. Dhawan

KLR and Rohit are ok form. Pant, Jadhav and Shankar's form is horrible

Rahul has scored 520 runs at an average of 57 and SR of 131.  He is the second highest run getter at the moment.  has also hit as many sixes as Dhoni.  has one 100 and 5 50s. how is it an okay form? 

How is Pant's form horrible?  He has 348 runs this IPL at an SR of 161, has hit 16 sixes as well.  This will probably end up as his second best season till now. Best was last year. Jadhav and Shankar have been poor. 

Rohit has been below average with 307 runs and SR of 131, just 9 sixes.

I hve been a huge fan of KL.............one thing he is not batting at its best. A lot of issues can been seen in his game technically which cud be the reason for him curbing is attacking game . Looking at his batting for the 1st time despite his runs he doesnt give me confidence  

55 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

@rkt.india I said its my opinion. You can't disagree with opinions :laugh:. I know you want to disagree with everything but this is just too much

First of all how can you form an opinion about form of a batsman?  Form can never be an opinion because it can be backed by facts and stats?  Form of a batsman can never be subjective.   

On 5/1/2019 at 11:31 PM, vvvslaxman said:

Honestly i am super happy about the new approach of KL Rahul. It is highly productive in a one dayer. Take 3 or 4 overs ease yourself into the innings and go for big shots as the game goes along.

Pay no attention to these super asinine Bambis.