If you want to ban burqa , ban ghoonghat too. Monkey balancing psec style

coffee_rules

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

The point here is why do liberals go around preaching Hijab empowers women while ghoonghat is a sign of patriarchy.

Because they are idiots and so are people who think ghunghat is not as regressive just because it is not sanctioned by any book.

Whether by religion or by culture,it is a backward,regressive practice and needs to be called out and stopped.

37 minutes ago, beetle said:

Because they are idiots and so are people who think ghunghat is not as regressive just because it is not sanctioned by any book.

Whether by religion or by culture,it is a backward,regressive practice and needs to be called out and stopped.

Who is defending ghoonghat just because it is not in the books? Why should a  ban on Burqa need to be preceded by a ban on ghoonghat? Why should it be clubbed together? First the numbers, there are predominately number of Muslim women in some sort of pardah (burqa/hijab) than ghoonghat, Also, when womwn in Ghoonghat are asked to pose of passports or Voter IDs, there will not be a outcry of violatnig their modesty as is being the case with B-H. Yes, both are bad, but when we talk about Burqa being banned, why should we do a monkey-balancing act and talk about ghoonghat as well? A lot of cultural practices that dharmic shastras dont preach, are being followed. Like quarantining on menstruating women. India is reforming out of it.

17 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Who is defending ghoonghat just because it is not in the books? Why should a  ban on Burqa need to be preceded by a ban on ghoonghat? Why should it be clubbed together? First the numbers, there are predominately number of Muslim women in some sort of pardah (burqa/hijab) than ghoonghat, Also, when womwn in Ghoonghat are asked to pose of passports or Voter IDs, there will not be a outcry of violatnig their modesty as is being the case with B-H. Yes, both are bad, but when we talk about Burqa being banned, why should we do a monkey-balancing act and talk about ghoonghat as well? A lot of cultural practices that dharmic shastras dont preach, are being followed. Like quarantining on menstruating women. India is reforming out of it.

Who is defending burqa?

There is no confusion.

Burqa ,ghoongat, pallu on the head...ALL are bad and need to go.

By defending ghoonghat or pallu on head as less of a  problem,people are just trying to call it a lesser evil when it is not. It is all about controlling women and subjugation and keeping them down.

24 minutes ago, beetle said:

Who is defending burqa?

There is no confusion.

By defending ghoonghat or pallu on head as less of a  problem,people are just trying to call it a lesser evil when it is not. It is all about controlling women and subjugation and keeping them down.

Burqa is defended by libtards all over the world and Islamist as tool of “women empowerment”. Reminds me of early history of 19th century where libtards and intellectual defended against women’s right to vote in democratic system.

Ghonghat is never defended by ones in position of influence as a Hindu womens expression of empowerment.

PS: google at reactions on France burqa ban. Or Libtards reaction to BoJo statement where he equated them “looks “ to “post box”

Edited by mishra

1 hour ago, mishra said:

Burqa is defended by libtards all over the world and Islamist as tool of “women empowerment”. Reminds me of early history of 19th century where libtards and intellectual defended against women’s right to vote in democratic system.

Ghonghat is never defended by ones in position of influence as a Hindu womens expression of empowerment.

PS: google at reactions on France burqa ban. Or Libtards reaction to BoJo statement where he equated them “looks “ to “post box”

Problem is this that Right Wing has only 1 excuse for banning the Burqa i.e. security reasons.

But Left Wing replies that:

1) Then law should be made that Muslim women have to present their identity card and uncover their faces when asked. It does not require full ban on Burqa in name of security. 

2) People in Europe do use masks against pollution and there no one is concerned about security. 

Right wing further brings this argument that they don't feel comfortable in talking with women whom they could not identify. 

Left wing replies ... then don't talk. And if Muslim women in Burqa talk to you, then simply say sorry that you could not talk with them due to identify issue. But for this you could not make a law to compel others to not to wear a dress one wants. It simply goes against the Basic Human Rights and principles of Secularism. 

========

I am also allergic to Burqa and even to long Beards too. I also don't want to see both of them. I personally too believe that Burqa is a sign of oppression of woman. 

But despite all these personal disliking, still I feel I have no right to compel others to wear what I want them to wear. 

It is same that Mullahs want me and woman to always cover whole body, but I want freedom for me and all the men and woman to even roam naked if they want to do so ( I personally believe that staying totally naked under the sun and air or even shades for couple of minutes to hours is good for our skin and health). 

======

I want to end Burqa and bring freedom to woman. But this I want to do only through Logical Discussions with Muslim women, and not through any laws or with any force. 

While right wing want to achieve this task through force and by using the excuses like security etc. 

8 hours ago, Mariyam said:

acceptance of the prophet (PBUH) as his final messenger

This is a world tragedy because every muslim thinks what ever some tharki mullah interprets from the modified old testament is law. Final messenger = absolute = no avenue for reform = islam.

6 hours ago, mishra said:

How the fcuk is it a sign of womans empowerment lulz. It fundamentally treats a woman as an object that needs to be covered and protected. Wait no one gives a fcuk anyway it needs to go.

On 5/3/2019 at 9:18 PM, coffee_rules said:

Exhibit from Liberal Atheist Humanist Muslim extremist apologist - Javed Akhtar. This thread is about his double standards and stupidity. There is no Hindu law that mandates ghoonghat, but there is one in Muslim personal law. It has been used to terrorism and also to conceal identity for voting etc. It has to be banned. 

In badey Bhai ke kurte aur chote Bhai ke pyjamay main ghoomne waalo se kaho ki MC ghoonghat to yha ke culture ka hissa tha hi nhi ,ye un ghoriyo(Ben ke lorryion),ghaznaviyon,abdaliyo(g..nd marwaliyo)khiljiyo,taimuro ,butshikano ki vajah se yaha ki khawateeno ko oodhne pade.

20 hours ago, beetle said:

That is ...if you want.

I personally don't think God wants most of the stuff people do.

I am okay with it because even men cover the head.It is not gender specific .

Besides it is for a short duration and not a life style that one is forced to follow for ever .

If people don't want to ....that is fine too.

In the temples in south, people don't do that and that is fine.

Only in sikkism, they all cover heads in gurudwaras.

13 hours ago, beetle said:

Who is defending burqa?

There is no confusion.

True

8 hours ago, Vilander said:

How the fcuk is it a sign of womans empowerment lulz. It fundamentally treats a woman as an object that needs to be covered and protected. Wait no one gives a fcuk anyway it needs to go.

Same logic why minorities persecuted in neighbouring Muslim nations shouldn’t be allowed in India on grounds of secularism

On 12/18/2019 at 10:48 AM, beetle said:

Who is defending burqa?

There is no confusion.

Very well said.