Parasite Trailer (Korean)

Jimmy Cliff

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

@Vijy bhai, your views on Bong as a director? 

top director. I rate his Korean movies higher (e.g., memories of murder) than his int'l productions like Okja and Snowpiercer. bong is also excellent (and underrated) at infusing his films with doses of black humour.

Overall, I rate him one of the finest korean directors ever along with usual suspects like park and kim.

Watched:

Memories of Murder

Parasite

The Host

Oldboy

Train to Busan

Hero (Chinese epic, Jet Li)

Enjoyed them all esp MOM and Parasite, Bong is a genius, is Kang Ho Song the South Korean Big B or what?

Planning to watch Ash is Purest White, Okja, The Farewell, Spirited Away, Seven Samurai very soon. 

East Asian movies reco anyone? @Jimmy Cliff @Vijy @Mosher and others...even 4-5 will do if it's not too much to ask. 

Edited by Gollum

On 12/22/2019 at 1:53 AM, Gollum said:

Watched:

Memories of Murder

Parasite

The Host

Oldboy

Train to Busan

Enjoyed them all esp MOM and Parasite, Bong is a genius, is Kang Ho Song the South Korean Big B or what?

Planning to watch Ash is Purest White, Okja, The Farewell, Spirited Away, Seven Samurai very soon. 

East Asian movies reco anyone? @Jimmy Cliff @Vijy @Mosher and others...even 4-5 will do if it's not too much to ask. 

Song Kang Ho is different from Big B in the sense that he rarely does bad movies :p:. Glad to know you liked Bong's films. The dude is just the best. Some movies that I'd recommend in no particular order.

High and Low
My Neighbour Totoro
Sympathy for Mr.  Vengeance
Infernal Affairs Part I
Mother (directed by Bong)
Vengeance is Mine
Perfect Blue
Paprika

Grave of the Fireflies

Only Yesterday

Edited by Jimmy Cliff

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Anything on Netflix or Amazon worth watching?

I know they have multiple Korean  movies on there but don’t want to watch any altu faltu Korean movie. 

Unfortunately the GOAT Korean film Memories of Murder seems to have been removed from Amazon Prime in the U.S. I have heard good things about this series on Netflix.

On 12/21/2019 at 3:23 PM, Gollum said:

Watched:

Memories of Murder

Parasite

The Host

Oldboy

Train to Busan

watch more of Bong IMO. nearly all of his movies are good to great. Okja is lovely but perhaps the "weakest" (in a relative sense) of Bong-ji's movies.

I love Ghibli, so I am obviously a sucker for their movies. You may like some of Miyazaki's other films.

Saw Parasite yesterday. Here is my take, it’s one of those movies like for example Life of Pi. I am not comparing it to Life of PI but let me explain.

Everyone raves about the movie and then you are really excited to watch it and then when you finish watching it you are like ok it was a good movie but is that it? Then you go online and read the subtle message the movie is conveying, Fan theories, Explanations etc and then you have a renewed perspective of what you just watched.

Life of PI, US are the other 2 examples. Get out I kind of understood the message being delivered while even watching the movie 

Parasite belongs to this list too, gets better with 2nd viewing once you kind of read the hidden meanings,perspectives and theories out there  

Edited by Global.Baba