India is not Hindi-Speaking States Alone, Says DMK Chief Stalin

randomGuy

2 hours ago, beetle said:

Educated may be...

but intelligent,less regressive or kind...???

Education does not guarantee any of those.

Just because people are encouraged into science and tech fields does not mean a person is intelligent or less regressive.

People learning humanities and other fields can be very intelligent.

Learning science does not mean the person is progressive .

Indian scientists are also prone to superstitions . Besides progressive thinking is more of a social issue rather than just education.

Being kind is not a regional issue. 

It is silly to assume groups to be kind or unkind based on regions.

Wife bashing, husband being the sole decision maker in the house, says that north indians are more misogynistic "on an average". That is a sign of regression. I know of incidents personally regarding this. Racism exists on both sides, but probably a bit more in the North. What about the term madrasi to refer all south indians? Who coined the term then? 

1 hour ago, The Dark Horse said:

On a side note, in TN noone would even care about what Stalin told :phehe:...they know it's complete BS, even if he may be right this time..but thanks to ICF it's being debated upon..thread is good to go till 10 pages.. :whistle:

actually i disagree.

If you look at how the dmk operates. They attached BJP being north Indian and imposing hindi to every issue like NEET/jalikattu to make to further rile sensitivities. So it does matter and it does need checking.

For example you had Gadkari saying he will aim to better link godavari to cauvery , you had a whole host of people saying it will be an ecological disaster for TN.

Outside politics even before the rise of BJP under Modi I noticed this victim mentality in the IPL as well. The general sense I got is that the people of TN do have a chip of their shoulder 

The message to the Tamil people from me is clear. You are a recipient state with water flowing in from your neighbouring southern states. In one of the states the BJP has swept. Elections are over. Build bridges. 

3 hours ago, Lannister said:

Care to provide the data. As a Kannadiga, you should think a bit why all 3 of them completely rejected BJP. 

I asked you for the data :phehe:

too much power vested in church to influence TN & Kerala results. The demographics will provide the true picture. 

PS: will dig data when I get time

5 hours ago, I6MTW said:

It's a known fact that South Indians at an average, are more educated, intelligent, less regressive and more kind than their North indian Counterparts. Just because their political and language viewpoints are wrong doesn't take away the fact that South India was a whole is more developed and progressive. I say this as a Kannadiga living in TN and having traveled to the North as well. North on an average has even, more regressive households.

Long story short - the message is I am a South Indian and my people are the Bestest in India. 

And it's a known fact among South Indian circles Offcourse. 

Edited by Jvoxx

5 minutes ago, Jvoxx said:

Long story short - the message is I am a South Indian and my people are the Bestest in India. 

And it's a known fact among South Indian circles Offcourse. 

I don't think we are the "bestest" in India. I am saying that an average south Indian is more educated and developed than an average North Indian. I still think both are at fault for this whole North-South divide/barrier and racism that exists to an extent. 

Edited by I6MTW

3 hours ago, Lannister said:

BJP and Congress were in Karnataka even long before you were born. We don't have regional parties to fall back on if we want to vote someone new. 

bjp gained ground in Karnataka from the mid 90s onwards. Unless he was born after 1995, this is not an accurate statement.

9 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

I don't think we are the "bestest" in India. I am saying that an average south Indian is more educated and developed than an average North Indian. I still think both are at fault for this whole North-South divide/barrier and racism that exists to an extent. 

in theory west India is better than south in many statistics. Goa, Maharashtra and Gujatat...

36 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Hindu unity on display in it's full glory here :doh:. That's why we are utterly *ed in the long term.

:hatsoff:this when entire india including Bengal telengana Orissa voted more than ever for decisively better alliance. Tamils on the hand voted for anti Hindu alliance which wants to keep India divided and weak.

and one thing which really pisses me off about the way many TN based people speak

(a) Talk about respecting the diversity of India. Classify anything outside South as the North. 

(b) Trying to include "South" in all their sayings so as to make is more representative. Its equivalent to Muslims including people of SC and ST heritage in issues concerning them so as to sort of highlight a bigger subset of the population.

In the whole of the South the BJP in 2019 got about 20% of the popular vote. That is not a small figure. The congress got about 32%.

7 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

in theory west India is better than south in many statistics. Goa, Maharashtra and Gujatat...

Maybe so, I was comparing North and South. Goa and Maharashtra aren't north. Gujarat in some aspects yes.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Hindu unity on display in it's full glory here :doh:. That's why we are utterly *ed in the long term.

There was a video circulated by Kerala Congress folks iirc where they were cutting a calf on camera while chanting anti modi slogans...that for me somehow epitomizes these miserable Tamil.

Edited by beetle

3 hours ago, Stan AF said:

Which is why in the other thread I told you there has never been a better time for kannadigas to start their own state party to assert their federal rights.

Yesterday it was Congress, today it's these guys and tomorrow it'll be someone else.  Until you have a strong state power i.e. 

For what joy ?

Karnataka needs good leaders which it lacks , a regional party will make no difference . The regional parties will just have a language agenda ( May chase all the Tamils back to TN , if thats what you want lol ) . 

3 hours ago, Stan AF said:

Which is why in the other thread I told you there has never been a better time for kannadigas to start their own state party to assert their federal rights.

Yesterday it was Congress, today it's these guys and tomorrow it'll be someone else.  Until you have a strong state power i.e. 

I fully agree. The recent situation here is lot of schools don't even have Kannada as a subject in their curriculum. If you visit banks in rural areas, not even a single person speaks in Kannada and they are servicing rural side people. The leaders we have in BJP and Congress are just mere puppets controlled by their Hindi masters. The only regional party we have is JDS and it's a caste based political party.

3 hours ago, The Dark Horse said:

On a side note, in TN noone would even care about what Stalin told :phehe:...they know it's complete BS, even if he may be right this time..but thanks to ICF it's being debated upon..thread is good to go till 10 pages.. :whistle:

lol *ing morons.  stalin himself does not know how he got so many seats and the proof is in the pudding, moron seat shared so many seats with Congress thinking they will be routed. 

Edited by Vilander

9 hours ago, rageaddict said:

Let them vote for their Dravidian Parties,  who cares?  Their vote is so trivial that they cannot even prevent Modi or BJP from coming to Power in India. 

Now Modi is the Man who represents the country at International Level while these Stalins and Pinarayis keep barking at him from their insignificant little kingdoms. 

an other moron bringing them vs us. you dont need much to divide yourself, senseless morons.

Edited by Vilander

its a politician with a political agenda making a statement. However there is nothing wrong with the overall tag line in the topic of this thread. So not sure why people are even debating it.

As far as languages go I think South Indian languages are a derivation of Sanskrit and Tamil 2 ancient sister languages of this land where as Hindi  has influence of Sanskrit, Pali and even some Persian etc. sounds similar to Urdu which has stench of foreign invasion all over. Hindi reminds me of 1000 saal ki ghulami.

I propose Telugu to be the national language. 2nd most spoken language in India. Pure chaste Telugu and not the Telangana kind with its Nizam-Urdu influence reminiscent of dark days.

Telugu is pure derivation of Sanskrit and also some Tamil words. So very good blend. Once called the “Italian of the east” by a famous language scholar.

Yep. Telugu it is.