Kohli vs Root vs Smith vs Williamson - Performance tab for WC 19'

Gritty innings from Smith yesterday, holding things together and facilitated Aus in achieving a reasonable score. However I wont go over the top in praise with this one as without NCN this would have been a futile effort. If I were to take an example the mind goes back to Ind vs Aus match at Chennai in 2017, where Pandya was the match winner and Dhoni held the innings.

Overall, the battle is going strong between the 4. Time for Kohli to make a statement 

Williamson is overrated. Most of his innings are against minnows or in home conditions. Taylor is better than him as overall odi batsman. Other than one or two innings i don't know what he has done enough to get mentioned with other 3.

All 4 batsmen in close proximity now. Virat has played one less game. 

Yesterday Virat played an innings where he was not a his best but still churned out runs at more than run a ball. Smith on the other hand started quite fluently at start against spinners however he lacked the decisive punch, got some fortunate boundaries before getting out.

Edited by SK_IH
4 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

All 4 batsmen in close proximity now. Virat has played one less game. 

Yesterday Virat played an innings where he was not a his best but still churned out runs at more than run a ball. Smith on the other hand started quite fluently at start against spinners however he lacked the decisive punch, got some fortunate boundaries before getting out.

VK felt sorry for Stewie and gave him an over of our homegrown pie-chucker Jadhav.

don't know why this  comparison among these 4 batsmen is specifically  given so much importance. Comparison is ok, but to give such importance to discrepancies in world cup performances is a  bit too much. To be more specific , for me, all I want  from Kohli  is to perform  brilliantly in this world cup. Whether any of the other 3 far outweighs  Kohli in performance does not matter because Kohli far outweighs each one of them over all. So to keep up his reputation as a one day great he needs to perform  brilliantly,That's all

Ponting even has a brilliant world cup  final knock but no body rates him better to Sachin or Lara.