Kohli vs Root vs Smith vs Williamson - Performance tab for WC 19'

Pretty clear after 4 ICC events since WC 2011, Kohli is a bottler

Williamson bossing this WC, playing according to situation and guiding his team to key victories with bat, sometimes ball and most importantly brain.

Kohli is a great batsmen, but in a World Cup, give me Williamson or Smith anyday over him. 

Three WCs now and not really racked up those big runs the other three are making.

Making him captain of ODI side was a big mistake.

Next IPL, this guy will be playing second fiddle to likes of Rohit Sharma, Williamson, Warner, Smith, Pant, Iyer.  

1 minute ago, chewy said:

Pretty clear after 4 ICC events since WC 2011, Kohli is a bottler

Williamson bossing this WC, playing according to situation and guiding his team to key victories with bat, sometimes ball and most importantly brain.

Kohli is a great batsmen, but in a World Cup, give me Williamson or Smith anyday over him. 

Three WCs now and not really racked up those big runs the other three are making.

Making him captain of ODI side was a big mistake.

Next IPL, this guy will be playing second fiddle to likes of Rohit Sharma, Williamson, Warner, Smith, Pant, Iyer.  

He already is as a captain. Losing is acceptable but even in RCB Nehra was running like a headless chicken and shouting instructions in the final over where he was just standing clueless. Now his cluelessness is not acceptable 

Edited by maniac
On 6/8/2019 at 12:52 AM, Nikola said:

Williamson is overrated. Most of his innings are against minnows or in home conditions. Taylor is better than him as overall odi batsman. Other than one or two innings i don't know what he has done enough to get mentioned with other 3.

Even though his innings have been slow but that has helped nz win matches so till now he has proven me wrong and i am happy for him as well.

On 27 May 2019 at 10:44 AM, Ajju said:

My Bet on SMITH- Not in terms of runs but influence and quality of innings matter.

ROOT out of equation due to England pitches

now look into SMITH vs Kohli vs WIlliamson

Surpassed when it matters. Predicted long back

4 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

So how much is the final tally for Smith and Kohli???

Root and Williamson still have one more game!!

It's fair enough to say Williamson had more impact on his team performances than the remaining three in comparison?

Along with his batting his captaincy also has made a difference??

True williamson played with weaker batting lineup and had more responsibility on him to perform in every single match. Root had many other batsman around himself. 

Kohli scores

18 , 82 , 77 , 67 , 72, 66, 26, 34*, 1      -  443 with 1 not out in 9 games

Smith

18 , 73 , 69 , 10 , 73 , 1 , 38 , 5 , 7 , 85  -       379 in 10 games.

Please Correct if i'm wrong

I will update the table post the finals but  Williamson is leading the battle comprehensively. Root has scored similar amount of runs but he has a better batting attack to fall back upon. Lets see who plays major role between the two in the finals and wins this battle of numero uno.

Virat has been the most disappointing, he never looked like the number one batsman in the world. 

Edited by SK_IH
On 7/12/2019 at 3:47 AM, -Robin- said:

Williamson miles ahead than all 3

he is technically the most purest of the big 4 and a big favourite of mine, but I feel that he is not "miles ahead". Smith is slightly better than him in Tests, Root arguably in ODIs (because of that extra gears he has), and Rat in T20s (incl. even the T20 WCs).