#StopHindiImposition Protests [ Only for Tammys ] !!!

velu

22 hours ago, Vilander said:

dude lolz.. that cracked me up, muloganta being all hindi pandit will try to fraternize and the other dude will spit his pan on his face lolz.

He will tell those hindiwalas about how devpal ruled from the afghan mountains to bay of bengal and the dude will be like ok now you need to speak shudh hindi not the bongoli version with all oooos. mulo will be like yes sir ji sahab. His fvcing middle name must be bend over :lol:

19 hours ago, Vilander said:

they just gave immense fodder to all chewts from left in all southern states.

They are already promoting this "Tamil ini mella saagum" (Tamil will slowly die from now onwards) everywhere. They are trying to create panic among Tamils. Who knows maybe both the left and right are working towards a common goal. Now they have 5th and 8th grade students write public exams. That is already fvcked up now imagine another language section in the school curriculum. Hindi has no value whatsoever to the common masses other than some bragging rights for whoever is pushing it

19 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Shows how Southie education sucks then. Nice dodge, Southie coward. Proof that Southie culture is way more insecure than any Hindi neighbor. 

You know that South is 5 different states with each having a unique stand alone culture,traditions and may be apart from Andhra/Telangana their own unique language even where the dialect is pretty different,their own political power centers right?. In fact even historically they were not always under the same kingdom. The fact that you keep generalizing with the term "Southie" etc as if you are making a strong argument shows why geography is so much more important than learning Hindi. Unfortunately looked liked you skipped the geography class. 

Edited by maniac

in Hyderabad most if not all old city types know Telugu. They enjoy Telugu films,they know the latest pop-culture/street slang and can speak and understand it. However their political leaders for political reasons ask them not to speak the language or mix-in with the locals to keep their identity. So,they end up speaking only in Urdu and are stubborn enough to refuse to speak the local language. In this case urdu obviously sounding the same as Hindi, do you think they are justified and the natives should be the ones that should be compromising?

in Maharashtra too, the problem is the influx of migrants from UP and Bihar not adapting to Marathi. you can live 20+ years in Mumbai especially South Mumbai and not learn  Marathi. While that doesn't justify douchebags from MNS etc resorting to violence, it shows that language cannot be enforced on people. You have to make a living, you need to learn the local language. period. 

On 9/19/2019 at 6:18 PM, Gollum said:

@Stan AF English+MT is the best way forward. Adopting English has too many advantages to ignore, it is slowly becoming the language of the world/humanity, lingua franca if not there already.....crazy demand to learn English in Europe, Africa, China, Russia, Japan etc, are they fools or what? We are advantageously placed because it comes more naturally to us. Hindi offers no such advantage, no regional language does, English can easily be our link language. I say spread English with missionary zeal all across India and make it 1st or 2nd language in our education system, not one school untouched....result may take time but will show. Saw some posts talk about it being a foreign language, national pride and what not....when we can absorb so many wonderful things from the West why not their most powerful tool? If we go into details about what is foreign and what is Indic it will become an exhaustive list and reveal our contradictions and hypocrisy. British India has had a big say in modern day India, no denying or running away from that fact, we need to take the positive stuff. In which other empire did Kashmir, Kerala and Mizoram come under same administrative unit? India's map as we know it today is a British creation, English is best placed to be the common link language. 

People don't hate any language just for the sake of it, only when there is the threat of imposition do people get agitated. If Hindi has to grow organically no problem. The minute you talk about it being placed above or even at par with another regional language (by Central Authority in this Union of "States") there will be many problems. Tamils, Malayalis, Marathis, Bengalis, no one will like it. Bengalis are pretty chill about this language stuff but if ever there is talk of Hindi getting precedence over Bengali in the state, the blowback will be vigorous...never underestimate the love and passion Bongs have for their language/culture, ask the Pakistanis. Already many in the state aren't comfortable with the aggressive entry of Hindi culture...Ram/Sita vs Kali/Durga was a huge bone of contention in the previous election. More people may support BJP for now because TMC is led by a crazy women who has taken the state to the brink. Otherwise any day Bengalis would prefer a Bengali version of BJP, safeguarding local culture and the language. Bengalis have taken to Hindi more easily than Southies because common branch of language, easier to learn, more Hindi speaking people in the state, economic benefits. It isn't about being pu$$ies or anything like that. A Bong or Gujju will easily imbibe Hindi lessons but ask that person to learn and speak in Malayalam, phatt ke haath mein aa jayega. Tamils OTOH will learn other South languages more easily.

@Muloghonto you may be from an older generation but slowly many Bengali kids esp in urban areas are losing touch with their MT, they aren't as proficient as your generation, quite a few won't be able to write a proper letter these days. And many knowledgeable people do say that newer generation is unable to pronounce many Bangla words properly. Slowly but surely happening and I am sure it won't go unnoticed for too long. Look at Bangladeshis on SM and our boys, there is clear divergence as far as language skills, ease, fluency, English/Hindi influence etc are concerned. Some of our guys aren't even confident of conversing in Bangla online, all a matter of habit which we are losing. 

It is hypocritical to see Hindi chauvinists urge others to learn Hindi while they themselves don't bother to learn other languages. How is it fair if others are supposed to learn an extra language? Will Hindi states propose to make their children learn a 3rd language (not Hindi dialects) in addition to English and Hindi...can be anything->Telugu, Bengali, Konkani...pick and choose. If they are ready to do that maybe there can be some talking point, otherwise forget it.

Also Central Govt should stop giving added advantage to Hindi. Why Central Govt exam papers are in Hindi in addition to English? It is such a huge advantage to those with Hindi as MT, someone from South or Nagaland might have learnt Hindi but he/she wouldn't find it as easy (generally speaking, leave exceptions aside) as someone whose MT is Hindi...so no advantage in picking Hindi as paper option. English provides a level playing field, except Anglo-Indians (fast diminishing) it ain't the MT of any other group. FFS either make all exam papers English medium or print them in all regional languages as well as English. This is just an example but shows how Hindi speaking states are pampered in India by the Centre. And they will be rewarded further as their population explodes, states that have done their bit towards stabilizing population will further suffer....how is this fair? Before the expected 'democracy/majority' argument comes, it will be a timely reminder that majority people also have wrong view points on many things, eg homosexuality which most Indians disapprove of..majority views can not override minority rights. Federalism is a vital feature of our constitution and has to be respected, states formed on linguistic basis must be given their freedom of choice. About time education is also brought back from concurrent to state list @Real McCoy

PS: Let us keep this thread clean. No need to abuse other languages or cultures. Agree/disagree but do so like well mannered adults.

Nailed it. If Hindi grows organically, then so be it. You can find many south Indians from other states speaking Kannada to a sufficient degree of proficiency in Bangalore without knowing to read or write the language. Hindi can be learnt too. There's no need to institution alise it by making it mandatory in schools ahead of the respective regional languages. The worst part is those who accuse Tamils of chauvinism simply can't see the mirror where they try to equate being Indian with being a Hindi speaker . It's bigotry but seeing the way this country is going I suppose it's all well and good. :)

59 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Now you are using your mod powers. where were you when that bing bong keyboard warrior typed that comment yesterday. You already removed one of hindi posts earlier for no reason :facepalm:

Why can't you report posts if you have problems?

40 minutes ago, beetle said:

Why can't you report posts if you have problems?

I don't have any problem. I have an issue with you deleting my reply to him

PS - Also why delete after my reply while his post was done yesterday. You could have deleted his post yesterday itself.

Edited by Real McCoy

10 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I don't have any problem. I have an issue with you deleting my reply to him

PS - Also why delete after my reply while his post was done yesterday. You could have deleted his post yesterday itself.

You think I have 10 eyes to read all pages together. I am going from last page to previous ones to prevent more abusive posts.

People who can't control themselves should not be complaing so much.

It is so much easier to report if you do not like instead of replying back in kind.

You think mods sit on the forum 24 hrs ?

Edited by beetle

3 minutes ago, beetle said:

You think I have 10 eyes to read all pages together. I am going from last page to previous ones to prevent more abusive posts.

People who can't control themselves should not be complaing so much.

It is so much easier to report if you do not like instead of replying back in kind.

You could have just left it. Its between two people why did you censure us. It wasn't that bad anyway. You just popped all the fun part of it. If you want to be a supermod, you have to go to all 10 pages to remove posts or not remove posts at all when nobody reported it

Edited by Real McCoy

4 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

You could have just left it. Its between two people why did you censure us. It wasn't that bad anyway. You just popped all the fun part of it. If you want to be a supermod, you have to go to all 10 pages to remove posts or not remove posts at all when nobody reported it

Chill !

I have asked the admins to get you a better mod.

6 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

They are already promoting this "Tamil ini mella saagum" (Tamil will slowly die from now onwards) everywhere. They are trying to create panic among Tamils. Who knows maybe both the left and right are working towards a common goal. Now they have 5th and 8th grade students write public exams. That is already fvcked up now imagine another language section in the school curriculum. Hindi has no value whatsoever to the common masses other than some bragging rights for whoever is pushing it

It’s value is in serving as a connection language for all India, which is happening regardless of you butthurt idiots 

6 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

He will tell those hindiwalas about how devpal ruled from the afghan mountains to bay of bengal and the dude will be like ok now you need to speak shudh hindi not the bongoli version with all oooos. mulo will be like yes sir ji sahab. His fvcing middle name must be bend over :lol:

More like how we are not jealous butthurt idiots arguing falsehoods .

3 hours ago, maniac said:

You know that South is 5 different states with each having a unique stand alone culture,traditions and may be apart from Andhra/Telangana their own unique language even where the dialect is pretty different,their own political power centers right?. In fact even historically they were not always under the same kingdom. The fact that you keep generalizing with the term "Southie" etc as if you are making a strong argument shows why geography is so much more important than learning Hindi. Unfortunately looked liked you skipped the geography class. 

The butthurt people from 5 Southie states are the ones who are proving themselves to be jealous peddled of anti national lies and not one with integrity to answer the simple question of how come all neighboring languages to Hindi are thriving despite greater acceptance of Hindi amongst them. So I will say it as I see it: jealous , anti national Southie agenda against a native link language. 

2 hours ago, Tibarn said:

@Muloghonto @Moochad @Gollum

I remember talking about the common script with you guys before. Did you guys look at the Bharat Script link I posted? If so, what do you all think?

I dunno why we need a new script when we already have highly phoenetic native language scripts anyways. Just promoting any one of them will Ben easier than a completely new script