#StopHindiImposition Protests [ Only for Tammys ] !!!

velu

I have seen rich kids from metros act like they can't speak Hindi. the poor/masses are comfortable with their mother tongue be it in the South or other non-Hindi speaking parts of India. That leaves us with middle class. The one's working in IT,Pharma etc don't need Hindi only English, so that leaves us basically with Sarkaari babus and traders. Traders especially from Sikh,Gujarati and Marwari communities are very good at learning the local language. so no need of Hindi to unify the country

13 minutes ago, maniac said:

I have seen rich kids from metros act like they can't speak Hindi. the poor/masses are comfortable with their mother tongue be it in the South or other non-Hindi speaking parts of India.

madrasis are different .. they make fun of people who dont speak hindi and also people who are not fluent in englsih 

14 minutes ago, maniac said:

That leaves us with middle class. The one's working in IT,Pharma etc don't need Hindi only English, so that leaves us basically with Sarkaari babus and traders. Traders especially from Sikh,Gujarati and Marwari communities are very good at learning the local language. so no need of Hindi to unify the country

we can learn other languages when needed .. many of my relatives are in textile business and ( usually they dont bother much of studies ..  i use to consider them that they are dumb and surviving because of their parents business )  they are fluent in hindi like hindi  pandits 

On 9/17/2019 at 11:34 AM, putrevus said:

I don't understand the hate for Hindi by some southerners especially tamilians, they are are ok with English but not okay with Hindi.

I dont see hate, i see a difference in opinion. I see hate for Tamils though plenty of it.  People are ok with English as its an economic necessity, for traders and such where Hindi is an economic necessity --> they learn it. Its just based on need. 

23 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

In south karnataka esp east bangalore infested by you know which state people are in this AntiHindi circus, just to increase their stature politically.

lol so Karnataka hindi protests are from Tamils as well ?? is that what you are claiming here. :hysterical:

23 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I learnt Hindi on my own (or rather Parents), as I liked literature. 

its the same everywhere..nothing special. Folks learn Hindi by watching TV/Movies/talking with vendors etc.  Nothing to do with political movement to control language. 

10 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

That’s like saying don’t force math on kids who don’t want to learn it,it’s their right .

Basic maths is a necessity. Anything beyond basic level of maths *should* be made optional. The level of Maths that kids are made to study is crazy and not really useful in most walks of life. Probably, not even in the Sciences.

For instance,  entrance tests to the National Law Universities contains a section on Maths. Why should I know how to apply Apolonius's theorem to litigate better??

Edited by Mariyam

8 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Ok not math then. Geography. There is no excuse to not learning the most common language in India for an Indian.

Did Abdul Kalam speak Hindi? I don't think I ever heard him give a speech in Hindi. don't think the current ISRO chief Dr.Sivan speaks Hindi either. There are plenty of scientists, professors,philosophers,thinkers, Poets, etc. who have communicated through their works without knowing Hindi.

Some of the best movies made in regional cinema didn't have the same effect remade in Hindi  or vice versa because the emotional content did not translate.

Obviously Bollywood/ Hindi movies are very popular,if someone is an enthusiast of that sub culture there are various ways they can pick up the language, no different then American teens these days learning Korean because apparently K-Pop is huge now.

You don't have to force language down someone's throat.

Not disrespecting the North but if the Hindi belt becomes this huge economic hub then sure people with interests will start flocking to learn that language. it is the same as businessmen learning the native language for trade since time immemorial.

Neither Hindi literature nor the historical aspect of Hindi has any significance be it in South,Gujarat,Bengal,Orissa etc etc. If someone is enthusiastic about picking it up,they can,doesn't need to be shoved down anyone;s throat. Sanskrit has that significance and it would make sense but sorry not Hindi. It is just another local language.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Did Abdul Kalam speak Hindi? I don't think I ever heard him give a speech in Hindi. don't think the current ISRO chief Dr.Sivan speaks Hindi either. There are plenty of scientists, professors,philosophers,thinkers, Poets, etc. who have communicated through their works without knowing Hindi.

Some of the best movies made in regional cinema didn't have the same effect remade in Hindi  or vice versa because the emotional content did not translate.

Obviously Bollywood/ Hindi movies are very popular,if someone is an enthusiast of that sub culture there are various ways they can pick up the language, no different then American teens these days learning Korean because apparently K-Pop is huge now.

You don't have to force language down someone's throat.

Not disrespecting the North but if the Hindi belt becomes this huge economic hub then sure people with interests will start flocking to learn that language. it is the same as businessmen learning the native language for trade since time immemorial.

Neither Hindi literature nor the historical aspect of Hindi has any significance be it in South,Gujarat,Bengal,Orissa etc etc. If someone is enthusiastic about picking it up,they can,doesn't need to be shoved down anyone;s throat. Sanskrit has that significance and it would make sense but sorry not Hindi. It is just another local language.

A language being taught in school that is the second most spoken first language In The world, most spoken second language in India, is no more shoving it down your throat as English being taught or geography. There is no sane reason to oppose its teaching in schools. 

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Basic maths is a necessity. Anything beyond basic level of maths *should* be made optional. The level of Maths that kids are made to study is crazy and not really useful in most walks of life. Probably, not even in the Sciences.

For instance,  entrance tests to the National Law Universities contains a section on Maths. Why should I know how to apply Apolonius's theorem to litigate better??

No.Math should not be optional as math up to basic calculus is a highly developmental tool for logic. Math is to the brain what weight training are to muscles. 

9 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

A language being taught in school that is the second most spoken first language In The world, most spoken second language in India, is no more shoving it down your throat as English being taught or geography. There is no sane reason to oppose its teaching in schools. 

No it's not. Mandarin. English and Hindustani which is a combined number for Hindi+Urdu followed by Spanish. as I said Hindi is just another local language. 

Teaching Sanskrit would make sense as finally we can get our own perspectives on our history and culture rather than viewing it form an invader's lens and Sanskrit being the mother language for almost all Indian languages bar maybe Tamil .

common use of Hindi for most Indians is to watch a Bollywood film. I am sure there are good literary works in Hindi like Premchand etc but again that is an acquired taste.

All leading modern manuals of Medicine,Engineering,Economics etc are in English. Hindi is not spoken any where outside of a few pockets of India.

All significant works in poetry,literature and philosophies are composed in local languages which are way older than Hindi.

So unless your day job is to communicate to people in the Hindi belt, learning Hindi as a subject is a waste of time.

You can have a local Indian language as an elective in school but that's about it. I would rather use the time in school for kids to learn music or may be an extra physical education time.

49 minutes ago, maniac said:

No it's not. Mandarin. English and Hindustani which is a combined number for Hindi+Urdu followed by Spanish. as I said Hindi is just another local language. 

Teaching Sanskrit would make sense as finally we can get our own perspectives on our history and culture rather than viewing it form an invader's lens and Sanskrit being the mother language for almost all Indian languages bar maybe Tamil .

common use of Hindi for most Indians is to watch a Bollywood film. I am sure there are good literary works in Hindi like Premchand etc but again that is an acquired taste.

All leading modern manuals of Medicine,Engineering,Economics etc are in English. Hindi is not spoken any where outside of a few pockets of India.

All significant works in poetry,literature and philosophies are composed in local languages which are way older than Hindi.

So unless your day job is to communicate to people in the Hindi belt, learning Hindi as a subject is a waste of time.

You can have a local Indian language as an elective in school but that's about it. I would rather use the time in school for kids to learn music or may be an extra physical education time.

All nonsense. Hindi is the second most spoken first language on this planet after mandarin. It’s the most spoken language in India both as first and second language. As such, proficiency in it is as essential as any non science subject in school .

Also @Muloghonto I think shoving Geography down student's throat is lot more important than learning Hindi language for national integraion :laugh:

I mean for the sake of argument let's say learning about the Earth's composition,oceans,continents etc is useless and pointless in comparison with Hindi however a lot of the so called nationalists  have no clue about the diverse Indian states and their location on the Indian map.

I think knowing about all the states  in your own country is a good start for being a patriot before you learn a language which even if you manage to complete your schooling probably will never be put into use outside of may be  on a date where  you have to watch a bollywood rom com which let's be honest doesn't actually requiring learning Hindi in school.

I mean doodh ban jaaongi malai ban jaaongi botalon me daal do sharaab ban jaaongi doesn't require learning the language at school. A good imagination will suffice.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Also @Muloghonto I think shoving Geography down student's throat is lot more important than learning Hindi language for national integraion :laugh:

I mean for the sake of argument let's say learning about the Earth's composition,oceans,continents etc is useless and pointless in comparison with Hindi however a lot of the so called nationalists  have no clue about the diverse Indian states and their location on the Indian map.

I think knowing about all the states  in your own country is a good start for being a patriot before you learn a language which even if you manage to complete your schooling probably will never be put into use outside of may be  on a date where  you have to watch a bollywood rom com which let's be honest doesn't actually requiring learning Hindi in school.

I mean doodh ban jaaongi malai ban jaaongi botalon me daal do sharaab ban jaaongi doesn't require learning the language at school. A good imagination will suffice.

Don’t make nonsense excuse, I always use Hindi when I travel in India outside of WB.