Rohit/Dhawan slapped and slapped hard our resident scorecard analysts !!!

velu

11 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

It was never a debate until we started seeing "filtered stats" everywhere. I think i saw one in congrats modi thread also  hehe

it was actually since the start of the year as their form was patchy........what ppl need to understand is they have been opening for 6 yrs and no can score every series for that long a time. They both are the best and has always stepped up in ICC tournaments and thinking of them to be replaced with pant n rahul or others who havent even earned a fixed spot in the team is foolish. Many here even wrote they are past it which is even more funny as they are just 31-33 ...at that age who looses it. 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

it was actually since the start of the year as their form was patchy........what ppl need to understand is they have been opening for 6 yrs and no can score every series for that long a time. They both are the best and has always stepped up in ICC tournaments and thinking of them to be replaced with pant n rahul or others who havent even earned a fixed spot in the team is foolish. Many here even wrote they are past it which is even more funny as they are just 31-33 ...at that age who looses it. 

Even Shaw can replace them as per few guys

As a group, we owe apologies to team management. Thank God, team is not picked based on our whims fancies and player preferences.

Every team has weaknesses , we should sail  well on most of the days, some days we will come short. It happened to England and oh t could happen to us . Just hope it does not happen during semis and finals . We should win game if top 4 batters and top 4 bowlers do their job. The rest are insurance .

If kuldeep comes to form sooner better it would be . Else we can go in with jadeja and shami instead of kuldeep and jadhav.  We should be well poised for 1 month down stretch when pitches start to crack under heat . Jadeja should be lethal then..

Best opening pair in tournament so far.

Only Roy and Bairstow might dislodge them as best opening pair of WC 2019.

Warner and Finch

QDK and Amla

Jason Roy and Bairstow

Guptill and Munro

Zaman and Imam Ul Haq

Gayle and Evin Lewis

Tamim Iqbal and Soumya Sarkar

Zazai and Shahzad

Karunaratne and Pererra

1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

Best opening pair in tournament so far.

Only Roy and Bairstow might dislodge them as best opening pair of WC 2019.

Warner and Finch

QDK and Amla

Jason Roy and Bairstow

Guptill and Munro

Zaman and Imam Ul Haq

Gayle and Evin Lewis

Tamim Iqbal and Soumya Sarkar

Zazai and Shahzad

Karunaratne and Pererra

Roy and Bairstow have the luxury of Butler and Stokes coming down the order.  Just take out Butler. Let us see whether they will continue the same approach and post 350 totals regularly. I bet they won't.

6 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Roy and Bairstow have the luxury of Butler and Stokes coming down the order.  Just take out Butler. Let us see whether they will continue the same approach and post 350 totals regularly. I bet they won't.

I mean that if at all  Sharma and Dhawan are outscored only in terms of runs scored, only Roy and Bairstow can do so. Totally keeping the team total asides.

10 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yes. Our ICF and fans in general don't realize the value of having a butler down the order. Now don't come and say we have Pandya. Butler at the moment is a game changer. Leagues ahead of everyone at #5. Until his wicket England had a great chance of chasing 350 against Pakistan last week.

11 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

But according to one resident icfer latham and guptil is best opening pair and latham with his scintillating avg of 33 is solid opening batsmen than dhawan and rohit.