Westindies A vs India A in westindies : July -August 2019 : 5 Un -Official ODI & 3 Un-Official Tests

54 minutes ago, Pandya_Power said:

Good fightback by Axar - surprised me with that innings. Looking at his batting ability and bowling he can be good replacement / back-up for Jadeja in LOIs. Jadeja might carry on till 2023 however. But Axar is only 25 - so ahs time on his hands. Must definitely be kept in selctors' plans.

he can hit the ball, in principle, harder than jaddu. but fielding and bowling-wise, jaddu is much better. however, given lack of left-arm spinners currently axar is the closest like-for-like replacement in odis for jaddu.

10 hours ago, Nikola said:

Poor cricket in end. Axar just like jadeja isn't match winner. These guys will score runs which might look good on scorecard but when it's time to win the match they won't be able to do so.

LOL a team goes from 160/6 in 31 overs to nearly get there to 299 and you're criticizing the guy who got the team so close? I am not a big fan of Axar, but it's good to see multifaceted cricketers who can hold their bat as well.

13 hours ago, vaul said:

2nd and 3rd matches were at North Sound pitch,which is quick with higher bounce.Moreover,there was grass on surface therefore ball was also seaming.Bangladesh was all out for 43 on the same surface in test.In 2017,Kohli was unable to score single fifty in 2 ODIs played there.

4th and 5th matches are on Coolidge pitch,which is more like Indian pitch-slow with lower bounce.

Pitch was easiest so far in series where even WI reached 200 for first time.Vihari,I Kishan and Pandey failed to impress.

12 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Why is Sundar even picked??   Surely there r better spinners in India than him.  He was so expensive. Axar surprised lol but that also tell us how worse this WI A lineup is.  Gill Iyer Saini Khaleel Rahul Chahar seem to be the guys to pick from this batch..  Hope Indian selectors have finally come to their senses. 

I think it has to do with the shocking paucity of offies (especially those who bat) in India domestics. Left-arm chinaman is so rare that backups for Kuldeep are unlikely (and unnecessary). Let's look at other 3 categories:

Leggies: Chahal, Gopal, Rahul Chahar, Markande, etc

Left-arm orthodox: Jaddu, Axar, Anukul, Nadeem, etc

Offies: Ashwin, and then no one (Jalaj Saxena is not rated by selectors, Rassool's time is over, leaving only Sundar)

14 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Why is Sundar even picked??   Surely there r better spinners in India than him.  He was so expensive. Axar surprised lol but that also tell us how worse this WI A lineup is.  Gill Iyer Saini Khaleel Rahul Chahar seem to be the guys to pick from this batch..  Hope Indian selectors have finally come to their senses. 

Wasn't that expensive. An overthrow for boundary cannot be held against his spell.  Sundar's series economy rate is 4.37.  He also batted well. Sundar is a much better investment than Axar. Check Sundar's T20 international ER. It is 6.03. 

8 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Wasn't that expensive. An overthrow for boundary cannot be held against his spell.  Sundar's series economy rate is 4.37.  He also batted well. Sundar is a much better investment than Axar. Check Sundar's T20 international ER. It is 6.03. 

Apart from one good IPL season he has nothing to show. Also he is a GOAT in TNPL so his stats r heavily boosted.  He should add more variations I think.  His height is good too.  He had a good start to T20 Int.  but against weaker teams. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Apart from one good IPL season he has nothing to show. Also he is a GOAT in TNPL so his stats r heavily boosted.  He should add more variations I think.  His height is good too.  He had a good start to T20 Int.  but against weaker teams. 

sundar should also give more focus to batting. btw, I don't think TNPL stats are counted in his overall T20 record.