Dhoni is hands down the most selfish cricketer ever.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Refusing a single to keep strike against a weaker bowler when the guy on the other end is a capable batsman who can score against that weaker bowler too? I am sorry don’t see any strategy here.

You know there's fans & then there's 2 devotees:roti:

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Refusing a single to keep strike against a weaker bowler when the guy on the other end is a capable batsman who can score against that weaker bowler too? I am sorry don’t see any strategy here.

Dhoni is more capable hitter .. 

Can't help you here if you can't see the obvious

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

Of course there is a strategy.. Score cheap runs that add to overall stats

17 minutes ago, construction430 said:

All you blind ungrateful swines wishing india's failure due to your personal hatred towards a member of the team tells a lot about your priorities. For *s sake did you not see how our lower order bundled up after Dhoni's wicket? I am not against criticizing him for his slow innings but getting your panties in a bunch every damn game is just flat out annoying.

So what if lower order bundled up in the last over of the innings. Is there any benefit of saving last 4 wickets. Are you going to get any rewards for not getting all out?

3 minutes ago, velu said:

He did this with Rayudu as well ..

Bad judgement but definitely won't term it as selfish

Rayudu well will give him the benefit of doubt as it was the last over and Dhoni is the so called power hitter.

Today it was obvious 46th over, DK an equally capable hitter at the other end and refusing a single because dhoni was going below run a ball and desperate to improve strike rate.

Cmon man it was too obvious. Even Manjrekar and Athar Ali of all people caught him there 

Edited by maniac
4 minutes ago, Pollack said:

So what if lower order bundled up in the last over of the innings. Is there any benefit of saving last 4 wickets. Are you going to get any rewards for not getting all out?

What do you mean? DOnt you know we got an additional 50 runs for the 5 wickets we didn’t lose against England and therefore won the match?

Oh wait, it doesn’t work like that? Never mind. 

It doesn’t have to swing between the 2 extremes of (the best thing anyone could ever have done)and a (cheat, phony, con artist, ********). It could be that he made a mistake, could be that he backed himself, could be that he underestimated his partner, could be taking more responsibility. There are many shades of grey between the first 2 options I mentioned and dhoni I think lies in those grey areas 

Just now, Cricketphile said:

It doesn’t have to swing between the 2 extremes of (the best thing anyone could ever have done)and a (cheat, phony, con artist, ********). It could be that he made a mistake, could be that he backed himself, could be that he underestimated his partner, could be taking more responsibility. There are many shades of grey between the first 2 options I mentioned and dhoni I think lies in those grey areas 

It’s a grey area if it’s an odd occurrence. If it is happening too often then it doesn’t remain in the benefit of doubt grey zone anymore 

18 minutes ago, maniac said:

It’s a grey area if it’s an odd occurrence. If it is happening too often then it doesn’t remain in the benefit of doubt grey zone anymore 

I agree that he is a shadow of his peak but to say he is the most selfish cricketer EVER and a con man etc etc is stretching it in my opinion and is closer to the extreme end of the continuum than what reality is 

20 minutes ago, maniac said:

Rayudu well will give him the benefit of doubt as it was the last over and Dhoni is the so called power hitter.

Today it was obvious 46th over, DK an equally capable hitter at the other end and refusing a single because dhoni was going below run a ball and desperate to improve strike rate.

Cmon man it was too obvious. Even Manjrekar and Athar Ali of all people caught him there 

You are really serious I think , maybe thala thrown some exception to your try/catch block :((

Anyway do you really think you can convince me ? :cantstop:

27 minutes ago, maniac said:

DK is better hitter ha ha not equal

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

No rewards for not getting all out. While his SR may not be up to our expectation, he also added 35 valuable runs to the teams total. He could have gotten out showing intent earlier in the innings and all these local bafoons here would have cried for his lack of ability to play sensibly.

2 minutes ago, construction430 said:

No rewards for not getting all out. While his SR may not be up to our expectation, he also added 35 valuable runs to the teams total. He could have gotten out showing intent earlier in the innings and all these local bafoons here would have cried for his lack of ability to play sensibly.

How about the fact that if he had gotten out playing more aggressively, guys like DK or Pant would have played more sensibly instead of putting pressure on themselves to hoick every ball?

out of the 35 he scored most runs against that Saifuddin and he was trying to hog the strike against him and he was the same guy even Pant and DK bashed. Otherwise he was equally useless.

Do you think Bhuvi is useless to not even hit a 1 or a 2 ?

It's funny because guys like Velu are trolling and Rasgulla well is rasgulla,you seem to be genuinely drinking the koolaid :laugh: