India A vs SA A

kaptaan

48 minutes ago, sandeep said:

How did Axar Patel bat in the 1st ODI vs South Africa A? 

This is a good lesson for folks who like to write off players without understanding their skill-set and ability to improve.

Same Jadeja story.....use to do well like this but we knw what was his batting result for many years in ODI 

Its not that jadeja didnt have the talent or axar cant bat .....axar has played some good knocks in IPL

Ur telling me as if axar never scored runs before playing for india , at international cricket he found clearing circle also difficuly 

International cricket is a diff ball game 

Rayudu n Manish pandey are prime example.....one is a A-games legend another use to smash Mediocre attacks 

Skill set is not the only thing.....diff level of cricket n batting position also matters . Someone like Axar or Jadeja best use with bat is higher up the order coz 7th position does suit their batting skill. But are they good enough to bat higher up the order against all the talent avl. 

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

.use to do well like this but we knw what was his batting result

Someone could have said the same thing about Dhawan in 2011.  I watched Dhawan bat live in Trinidad in the summer of 2011.  Looked like total shyte.  But he improved and has become a top class ODI contributor, had a very good career. 

You still refuse to learn, or publicly accept anyway - its foolish to write off young players, because there's always a chance they can get better. 

44 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Someone could have said the same thing about Dhawan in 2011.  I watched Dhawan bat live in Trinidad in the summer of 2011.  Looked like total shyte.  But he improved and has become a top class ODI contributor, had a very good career. 

Dhawan n axar arent even right comparison. The right comparison is jadeja....who had similar issues

One an opener who gets time to build innings, where axar bats he doesnt have time. As i wrote above for batsman like jadeja, axar is better to bat above but they are not good enough to own a place with the talent avl for those slots. 

You still refuse to learn, or publicly accept anyway - its foolish to write off young players, because there's always a chance they can get better. 

Refusal to learn...what has he done .....made runs for A-games hasnt he done that before. Has been doing well for A-games yet not even an asset for his IPl.....in before u say its a t20 format....well isnt he suppose to be a LOI player

M not writing him off.....i just dont rate him. More talented cricketers are avl who are doing well in domestic n IPL

I dont think he has the quality of being a match winner, utility cricketer at its best and better options are avl in that slot to 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
On 8/30/2019 at 9:58 AM, express bowling said:

Good choice of batsmen and all-rounders.

Amazed to see just 1 young wrist-spinner in the 2 teams. This is the type of spinner doing well in ODIs these days.  Where are Markande and Gopal ?

Disappointing choice of pace bowlers, especially in the 1st team. Where are Avesh, Prasidh and Nathu ?  Looking forward to seeing Deshpande bowl though.  And Porel maybe a decent choice.

where is gopal? that is indeed the question.

On 8/21/2019 at 1:15 PM, ShoonyaSifar said:

Those never work as players do not feel any affiliation. Zonal formats IMO are better ones. Not sure why BCCI has downgraded Duleep Trophy. Currently all 5 zones will have equally strong teams (East looks slightly weaker)

North Zone: Nitish Rana (C), Shubman Gill, Ankit Kalsi, Anmolpreet Singh, Dhruv Shorey, Mandeep Singh, Anuj Rawat (wk), Abhishek Sharma, Mayank Markande, Vikas Mishra, Chahal,, Saini, Khejroliya, Sid Kaul, Brinder Sran

Vishal: brainder showed exceptional talent ..though he lacked stamina and has the capability to bowl 2 balls at 145k and then slip to 133k for his full over. I feel he is a shade  more talented then khejroliya but let's see who succeeds out of the two.

Nitish is good in odi n t20 and he bowls a bit too so he may compete with krunnal pandya and Washington  ,axar in future to play for India in short format.

Markande is special  gill chahal and saini are extra special 

Central Zone: Robin Bisht (C)Akash Nath, , Rinku Singh, Priyam Garg, Rajat Patidar, Upendra Yadav (wk), Mahipal Lomror, Saurabh Kumar, Rahul Chahar, Avesh Khan, Aniket Chaudhary, Shivam Mavi, Ankit Rajpoot

Aniket rajpoot ,mavi, avesh,rahul chahar and Robin bisht are special talents.

West Zone: Shreyas Iyer (C), Priyank Panchal, Rituraj Gaikwad, Ankit Bawne, Manpreet Juneja, Samuel Jackson, Sidhesh Lad, Shivam Dube, Wadkar (keeper), Sarwate, Dharmendra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Tushar Deshpande, Gurbani

Shreyas ,priyank and rituraj are extra special,  shivam dubey is Yusuf pathan of today, tushar is better than shardul today.

South Zone: Manish Pandey (C), K Sidharth,  Akshat Reddy, Ricky Bhui, Baba Indrajith, Srikar Bharath (wk), Shreyas Gopal, Gowtham, Jalaj Saxena, Washington Sundar, Mohammad, Siraj, Sandeep Warrier, Basil Thampi,  Ronit More

Siraj sandeep warrier are very good..Gowtham is super star..shreyas gopal and sundar are superb.

East Zone: Manoj Tiwary (C), Abhimanyu Eshwaran, Ishank Jaggi, Shubhrangu Senapati, Kumar Deobrat, Ishan Kishan (wk), Anukul Roy, Nadeem, MB Murasingh, Mukhtar Hussain, Varun Aaron,  Ishan Porel, Mukesh Kumar

Nadeem is india"s best spinner after kuldeep as on today.

Ishan kishan n porel are good.

Varun still should be trusted ..

Ishank jaggi and eshwaran are good.

We could also invite one of the A sides from a foreign country to play in this one and rotate them, Am sure Eng, SA, Aus, NZ, WI will be interested. Each side plays the other one so 5 matches for each side, total 10 league matches and top 2 teams play the finals. Could be completed in a 6 week window at the start of the season.

My views are written above itself.

12 hours ago, sandeep said:

What performances have Prasidh and Nathu put in to deserve this opportunity? 

And what performances have D.Chahar, Shardul and Khaleel put in to deserve their opportunities ?  If we are talking about recent List A performances then only Tushar Deshpande would qualify on this count among the selected pacers.  Moreover, Aaron should have been there based on this parameter.

Prasidh has a List A average of 26.6 with 50 wickets from 33 matches ... is 6'3" and gets both outswing and steep bounce at high pace.  If this combo is not good enough to be an international prospect, I don't know what is.

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

And what performances have D.Chahar, Shardul and Khaleel put in to deserve their opportunities ?  If we are talking about recent List A performances then only Tushar Deshpande would qualify on this count among the selected pacers.  Moreover, Aaron should have been there based on this parameter.

Prasidh has a List A average of 26.6 with 50 wickets from 33 matches ... is 6'3" and gets both outswing and steep bounce at high pace.  If this combo is not good enough to be an international prospect, I don't know what is.

I wonder why khejloriya is not considered for 50-over A games? regardless of whether he is int'l class, his List A record is staggering. takes a wkt < 20 balls (> 3 wkts per 10 overs) and ER is okay too. left arm angle also adds some variety for A games.

I agree regd your thoughts on prasidh for 50 overs. needs to play some more matches in FC before making the cut for 5-day games I think.

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

I wonder why khejloriya is not considered for 50-over A games? regardless of whether he is int'l class, his List A record is staggering. takes a wkt < 20 balls (> 3 wkts per 10 overs) and ER is okay too. left arm angle also adds some variety for A games.

Khejroliya has an issue with sustaining pace, even in the shortest format.  He bowls a bit slower after every 3 overs.

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

I agree regd your thoughts on prasidh for 50 overs. needs to play some more matches in FC before making the cut for 5-day games I think.

Wanting Prasidh to be developed only for ODIs as of today.  But want him to play the full FC season this time and get ready for the longer format too.

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

Khejroliya has an issue with sustaining pace, even in the shortest format.  He bowls a bit slower after every 3 overs.

Wanting Prasidh to be developed only for ODIs as of today.  But want him to play the full FC season this time and get ready for the longer format too.

maybe one can bowl him for 3-4 over spells then if (and only if) his other attributes are good enough.

On 8/31/2019 at 2:20 PM, Mosher said:

21 over game today because of rain. Another flat pitch with nothing for the fast bowlers.

Shardul bowled a poor 1st over. Lucky not to be smashed around. He is jogging in and trundling in early 130's. No intensity whatsoever. 

Khaleel bowling at 135-139kph. 

Both khaleel and shardul are not good enough to play for India 11

They r lucky to get international games. Very soon both will be faded out.

Chahar could turn into an all rounder..he will remain in at least one of the india teams.

1 hour ago, Hell Raiser said:

Avesh khan, Krishna, Nathu, Deshpande ,Mavi along with Nagarkotti(whenever he get fully fit and play few matches for his state) should be given alot more exposure in Indian A team. They should be in line to get to the Indian team as they have the max potential to serve India for a long time.

Exactly my preferred list too.

Man!! Just witnessed shivam dube blitzkrieg.. he hits them long way.. has good frame.. times the ball really well nd doesn't loose his shape while hitting big.. had scores of 70+ not out in first game & 45 not out in 2nd game with high strike rate.. in winning causes..

Proper candidate for no 6.. can also bowl his dibble dobbly seam ups to compliment pandya.. 

But for the Muppets in indian Team management nd selectors who are hell bent on playing 34 yr old midget jhadhav.. from the thala old age eleven.. 

Incredibly deplorable state of affairs... These morons aren't learning their lessons even after loosing world cup with a pathetic middle order they backed

8 hours ago, Amit228 said:

Man!! Just witnessed shivam dube blitzkrieg.. he hits them long way.. has good frame.. times the ball really well nd doesn't loose his shape while hitting big.. had scores of 70+ not out in first game & 45 not out in 2nd game with high strike rate.. in winning causes..

Proper candidate for no 6.. can also bowl his dibble dobbly seam ups to compliment pandya.. 

But for the Muppets in indian Team management nd selectors who are hell bent on playing 34 yr old midget jhadhav.. from the thala old age eleven.. 

Incredibly deplorable state of affairs... These morons aren't learning their lessons even after loosing world cup with a pathetic middle order they backed

If dubey continues to do well, it may not be a bad idea to have 6-8 of pandya, dubey, gopal. all 3 of them can score quite fast, field well, and are multi-dimensional. this way, our batting goes till 8 at the minimum. if BK is played on all pitches (which he hopefully is not), then batting will go till 9

15 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

We shud really start looking at duve for next yr t20 Wc....from now on itself. No doubt he has the power game....but i really wanna see how he plays high pace. Last yr in a ranji game hardik yorked him and he look a lil slow on ball against hardik so wud love to see him against starc n archer 

In yesterday,s game he played Nortje decently who was clocking 141-143k consistently. Did not see him strokeless,but  he is WIP.   Worth investing for 

1. SENA Matches .

2. Temp back up for Hardik .

56 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

In yesterday,s game he played Nortje decently who was clocking 141-143k consistently. Did not see him strokeless,but  he is WIP.   Worth investing for 

1. SENA Matches .

True.

56 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

2. Temp back up for Hardik .

His bowling is not good enough for a 5th bowler.

I think he can  be the 6th batsman and 6th bowler.

Also, Axar's hitting ability has improved a lot.  We need to see how we can utilize him.