Vijay Hazare trophy 2019 Discussion Thread

Suhaan

6 hours ago, Vk1 said:

yesterday was an incredible day..  Yashasvi's 200.. Virat singh did well.. and Vishnu Vinod against Andhra scores 139 of 89 balls and when he was dimissed Kerala score was 190..  imagine scoring 139 out of 190 score.. incredible

The big problem is our current coach captain and selectors do not seem to care much about domestic performances. They have a set pattern of thinking and anyone not fitting in will never get picked irrespective of performances.

50 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

The big problem is our current coach captain and selectors do not seem to care much about domestic performances. They have a set pattern of thinking and anyone not fitting in will never get picked irrespective of performances.

They do but they want ready made players.  Youngsters are dropped after a few failures but experienced players continue to keep their places even after failures. There is too much focus on experience.

13 hours ago, putrevus said:

Is Dhoni playing? if not how can he even be considered for team India.This guy thinks he can just walk into playing X1 for Indian team without any practice.

Of course, he's in a league where he knows that perception management is all he needs to further his career...a few hard-core cricket fans like us might keep barking but his PR team and mindless fan army will drown us out as long as he manages BCCI internal politics well. New board led by Ganguly will be the biggest challenge he has faced in years...

This is the golden period of Indian cricket...stocks are overflowing in all departments, most importantly fast bowling, batting (I don't buy theory about no middle order bats - likes of Vihari, gill will deliver results, just need to be persisted with...Pujara and Rahane were also unnecessarily shunted around, sowing doubt in their minds), spin (yeah, even here - for me Kuldeep is a once in generation bowler who could be real trump card in SENA but is again getting short-changed, Chahal, Nadeem, R Chahar, Shreyas Gopal etc also offer solid back ups to Ashwin and Jadeja), keeping (Wriddhi is ace keeper, but Pant is again a once in generation player not getting his due space), all rounder (Pandya bros, Jadeja 2.0, dubey...best we have had since mid 80s and likes of Kapil, Jimmy, Shastri, C Sharma, Binny etc), fielding has sky rocketed but close-in catching remains ordinary (clear blame on coaches, this is a teachable skill)...hence expectation from Kohli-Shastri duo is higher, and they have under-delivered and creating a toxic legacy which hopefully new board will rectify

Edited by Cricwala
6 hours ago, Cricwala said:

This is the golden period of Indian cricket...stocks are overflowing in all departments, most importantly fast bowling, batting (I don't buy theory about no middle order bats - likes of Vihari, gill will deliver results, just need to be persisted with...Pujara and Rahane were also unnecessarily shunted around, sowing doubt in their minds), spin (yeah, even here - for me Kuldeep is a once in generation bowler who could be real trump card in SENA but is again getting short-changed, Chahal, Nadeem, R Chahar, Shreyas Gopal etc also offer solid back ups to Ashwin and Jadeja), keeping (Wriddhi is ace keeper, but Pant is again a once in generation player not getting his due space), all rounder (Pandya bros, Jadeja 2.0, dubey...best we have had since mid 80s and likes of Kapil, Jimmy, Shastri, C Sharma, Binny etc), fielding has sky rocketed but close-in catching remains ordinary (clear blame on coaches, this is a teachable skill)...hence expectation from Kohli-Shastri duo is higher, and they have under-delivered and creating a toxic legacy which hopefully new board will rectify

unless the plan is to make to XI which means trying these talents its of no use......which wud also means at times compromising result in short term....but kohli -shastri focus has always been increasing win numbers n adding to the record books of few senior players 

6 hours ago, Cricwala said:

I agree with 90% of your post. While we are getting some outstanding talent in all departments we are also producing a lot of one dimensional players. Back in the day sachin could bowl,Ganguly could bowl,Dravid could keep, Agarkar and Kumble have test 100s, Srinath had odi and test 50s etc. these days it’s either a pure bat or a pure bowler or bits and pieces players like Pandya bros and Dubey. I thought Jadeja was one too till he has turned it around recently. In LOIs he is still bits and pieces though. Ashwin might be the only 3d player (literally and figuratively) but looks like even his batting has gone down a bit.

14 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

They shud release shubhman gill for this .....even pant if concussion rule is the issue call KS bharat 

Ye bcci bewde chutiya Gaye Hain Kya. Is mausam me pura north India chhod ke South India me match rkh diye. North East monsoon as Chuka hai aur vo bhi bht strong, sare match washout honge. October is the second wettest month for Bangalore.

Edited by rkt.india
2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Ye bcci bewde chutiya Gaye Hain Kya. Is mausam me pura north India chhod ke South India me match rkh diye. North East monsoon as Chuka hai aur vo bhi bht strong, sare match washout honge. October is the second wettest month for Bangalore.

Haha. The CoA crackpots are busy in solving conflict of interest issues of Dravid, Gaekwad. Who cares about minor things like considering weather ;atterns before scheduling.