Who are the next set of Indian fast bowler that will be as effective as Shami-Umesh in home conditions ?

6 hours ago, First class said:

Why Saini is not ranked mush higher in India, I think he is a great prospect. Tall, pacy and intelligent. Can serve India for 7-8 years I guess. 

I have been waiting for long time to see Saini play in Tests :no:

10 hours ago, express bowling said:

I think in that era, the Indian fast bowlers lacked the fitness to sustain speeds in test matches  ( barring Srinath in the 90s ), the disciple needed to put a high percentage of deliveries in good areas ( barring Kapil in the 80s and Srinath in the 90s and early 00s  )  and the self belief to succeed.

I agree.. some of our bowlers used to think of trying to bowl at least one wicket taking ball per over and invariably bowl a half volley or on the pads and go for runs.. 

these two have just landed it on that difficult 4 to 5 metre area targeting wickets .. results are magical.. 

The bowling 101 that Wasim Akram keeps reminding us everytime.. target top of off.. these guys are following to the T 

9 hours ago, Vk1 said:

I agree.. some of our bowlers used to think of trying to bowl at least one wicket taking ball per over and invariably bowl a half volley or on the pads and go for runs.. 

these two have just landed it on that difficult 4 to 5 metre area targeting wickets .. results are magical.. 

The bowling 101 that Wasim Akram keeps reminding us everytime.. target top of off.. these guys are following to the T 

It's 6-7 meters, not 4-5. 4-5 is half volley length.

1 hour ago, Mosher said:

True. Watch his spell vs BD https://www.bcci.tv/videos/18909/umesh-spell

Shakib was struggling to put bat to ball because of Umesh's skiddy pace. Ball is zipping off the surface.

I remember the wry sheepish smile on sakibs face during that spell he was almost like " cant do much about this " type. Umesh was at his best in this series and the aus series.

On 10/22/2019 at 11:09 AM, express bowling said:

Preferred Qualities for pacers for succeeding in India   ....

----  Has the ability to skid the ball off the surface and bowls 140 k+ .  This is needed as most pitches are on the slower side.

----  Targets the stumps rather frequently at the above mentioned skiddy high pace 

---- Can reverse the ball and get regular seam movement too, even if small movements.

----  Uses the bouncer often enough. Most pitches here start having variable bounce from day 2 or day 3 if the ball is dug in short ... and bouncers become extremely difficult to negotiate.

Shami ticks all the above boxes and Umesh ticks most.

Keeping the above qualities in mind, the most interesting prospects are

Bumrah  ----  Quick in the air and skiddy off the surface ... targets the stumps ... has a nasty bouncer ... can reverse the ball and seam it too ... very quick learner who can adjust his bowling style for any surface rather quickly.

Nagarkoti ---- Quick in the air and very very skiddy off the surface ... targets the stumps very frequently ... has a good quick bouncer ... can be ideal for tests in Asia.

Saini ---- Quick in the air and skiddy off the surface ... targets the top of off stump regularly ... seams the ball both ways in India ... has a sharp bouncer. 

Mavi ----  Quick in the air and zips off the surface too ... has a nasty bouncer ... targets the stumps and has a big stump directed inswinger ... gets seam movement 

Siraj ---- Has decent pace in the air and skiddy off the surface ... master of targeting the stumps ... can seam the ball ...  has got loads of wickets in India in FC matches.

Nagarkoti and saini ..both r genuinely fast.

Can develop as lethal as shammi and umesh.

If india wants to dominate at home , backup of these 2 guys who bowls well in indian conditions are must. Guys who are good eith SG ball, has pace , skiddy and can reverse. 

Bumrah and siraj look good need more. 

In 2016 when umesh got injured after 1st test in england series our bowling lost venom. Now both shami n umesh are out. 

Also our captain needs to understand strengtj and weaknesses of bowlers. 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

If india wants to dominate at home , backup of these 2 guys who bowls well in indian conditions are must. Guys who are good eith SG ball, has pace , skiddy and can reverse. 

Bumrah and siraj look good need more. 

In 2016 when umesh got injured after 1st test in england series our bowling lost venom. Now both shami n umesh are out. 

Also our captain needs to understand strengtj and weaknesses of bowlers. 

Yes ... in tests in Asia, ideally we need pacers who are 140 k+ ... are skiddy ... can reverse the ball.

Such pacers are ...

Shami

Bumrah

Umesh

Saini

Nagarkoti

Mavi

Siraj can qualify but needs to bowl a bit quicker than he did in Australia.

2 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Our joke of a captain dropped an in-form young pacer to back his senior bowler coming back from injury and having not played a FC match for over an year. Do not expect things to improve under this idiot. If it was upto him, he will pick Bhuvi over other youngsters when Shami-Unesh are injured

Actually that's kohlis weakness. Seniority. He still has that old school mentality. Which sucks. 

He thinks it's like a government job where people wait for their opportunity based on seniority to replace the departing experienced worker. 

It's sport. If you are good enough then you are supposed to play. 

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

Yes ... in tests in Asia, ideally we need pacers who are 140 k+ ... are skiddy ... can reverse the ball.

Such pacers are ...

Shami

Bumrah

Umesh

Saini

Nagarkoti

Mavi

Siraj can qualify but needs to bowl a bit quicker than he did in Australia.

i have my doubts on saini, dont think his lengths wud work here. Mavi is the guy i have hopes on

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

I have seen Saini reversing the ball beautifully.

In  2020-21 he was been having issues with rhythm and control ... probably due to injuries and niggles.

People don't understand. Saini in Australia with kookaburra ball is different to Saini with SG. It's like saying Shami with Duke is same as Shami with kokkaburra or SG ball. With SG ball he is as good as Marshall. With kookaburra he is no less than bumrah or rabada. 

He sucks with Duke lol. Can't control swing.