Pink ball hits . Player safety be damned

mani sha

I think they might change the venue ,at eden it always swings under light and in the evening ,the pink ball swings even more but then we all saw the full packed stadium ,hardly ever we get to see such a sight in test cricket .

It was a massive commercial success so they might think twice before changing the venue ,pink ball test is here to stay!

Also did any Indian batsmen  get hit on the head ? It's only Bangladesh's incompetence 

2 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

Is there something different with the pink ball vs the red ball, apart from the color? 

The red ball has a wax coating while the pink ball has lacquer. Wax wears off much easily while lacquer stays on making the ball more glossy and enabling it to retain its hardness for longer periods. On the downside polishing over lacquer is ineffective and therefore likelihood of reverse swing is less.

There is also the visibility factor but that it still under debate and it's too early to draw conclusions.

Batsman playing Pink ball bowlers bowling at 150 clicks under floodlights on bouncy Aussie pitches seems to be a very very tough proposition..  whatever lacquer added isn't helping for sure. 

We should try Saini for sure for that Adelaide test..

Edited by Vk1

Most players played without helmets until the early 80s. I think this not ball watching has become a flaw in the current day batsmen. During the non-helmet days it was not an option. You watch the ball or you die. I am not saying that helmets should not be worn, but definitely the helmet creates a negative mindset in the current day batsman not watching the ball all the time. If the pink is hard to follow, then play with colored clothing and white ball and change the ball every 40 overs o so.