Babar Azam - an ATG in making?

Austin 3:!6

3 hours ago, Texy said:

Who would've thought India is producing good bowlers and Pakistan producing good batsmen

i did ages ago. the foundation was already laid out. never thought pak would produce a quality batsman though. 

4 hours ago, Jay said:

babar is pakistans greatest batsman ever but he would be like number 7 overall had he played for india. 

Exactly... I would put him on par with Rayadu and Manish . But as Manish won an odi chasing 330 in aus I would put him between Manish and Rayadu .So if we are making our D team he would still be behined Jadhav and Manish in picking order ,as they both have chased more than 330 score and won MOM . While Rayadu and him be on par as both have 50 avg by stats padding against minnow teams or minnow bowling attack.

20 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Exactly... I would put him on par with Rayadu and Manish . But as Manish won an odi chasing 330 in aus I would put him between Manish and Rayadu .So if we are making our D team he would still be behined Jadhav and Manish in picking order ,as they both have chased more than 330 score and won MOM . While Rayadu and him be on par as both have 50 avg by stats padding against minnow teams or minnow bowling attack.

Ok now that's a bit mean. c'mon bro he is a good player but he is overrated a fair bit considering he hasnt achieved anything vs good teams. 

He is probably top 5 ish or maybe slightly lower. Need to see him do well vs top teams. 

34 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Nice to see you rakie my boy hope you are doing well in covid times

I dont know about tests but in LOIs he is doing fine enough, No 1 ranking shows his consistency but no way he is the best batsman at present and even Pakistanis are aware of that fact. I have started respecting him more since the day our superstars failed against NZ in 2019 wc when Pakistan had chased down similar target against NZ few days before SF. He seems to be unaffected by all the comparisons with Indian counterparts and seems to know his limitations as well as strength, definitely Pakistan's best batsman. Plus he is legit 26,so good 10-12 yrs ahead for him. 

56 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

I dont know about tests but in LOIs he is doing fine enough, No 1 ranking shows his consistency but no way he is the best batsman at present and even Pakistanis are aware of that fact. I have started respecting him more since the day our superstars failed against NZ in 2019 wc when Pakistan had chased down similar target against NZ few days before SF. He seems to be unaffected by all the comparisons with Indian counterparts and seems to know his limitations as well as strength, definitely Pakistan's best batsman. Plus he is legit 26,so good 10-12 yrs ahead for him. 

Why do you think he is legit 26? When Pakistanis themselves say that they reduce their age by couple of years on an average , I am not sure Babar will be 26. He is likely 28.

Ofcourse that's nothing to discredit him as a batsman. He is still a world class batsman and have rightly got the number 1 position.

He's a great player. One of the best that padosis have ever produced and would probably end up as their greatest ever. Seems like a quite, humble and a likeable guy too, which is pretty surprising as his fellow countrymen were/are usually guilty of forgetting their auqaat when they get a bit of fame. 

Too bad he's got an insecure and a desperate fanbase who do more harm to him than good by forcing him in with the decade old run machines like Smith , Kohli, Root and Kane who have achieved a lot more than him. He has got a grand total of 1 Test hundred away from home FGS...

1 hour ago, RajBan said:

Why do you think he is legit 26? When Pakistanis themselves say that they reduce their age by couple of years on an average , I am not sure Babar will be 26. He is likely 28.

Ofcourse that's nothing to discredit him as a batsman. He is still a world class batsman and have rightly got the number 1 position.

He looked 18-19 to me when he was captain of u-19 wc in 2012. Anyways we are way too judgemental when it comes to age, What makes you think he is 28 and not 26? 

2 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

He looked 18-19 to me when he was captain of u-19 wc in 2012. Anyways we are way too judgemental when it comes to age, What makes you think he is 28 and not 26? 

When age fudging is rampant in Pakistani cricket with many senior cricketers admitting post their retirement, I find it difficult to believe that he is 26.