Jump to content
LordPrabhzy

US missile strike kills head of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards ( Quds) along with Shiite rebel commander in Iraq

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I have no opinion in this, this is a geo political act rather than war on terrorism, Iran is to Trump what Iraq was to Bush. It looks more like Trump winning 2nd term, which was already secure because of dems impeachment fiasco.

Obama did the same in 2011 with OBL. Unfortunately, nobody cares about global peace. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I am sure Obama admin timed it just before elections, OBL was public enemy #1 for USA. This bloke from Iran, nobody heard of him. He is not al-Qaeda

he was on the American, Israeli, and Saudi hitlist for 2 decades now. As Commander of Quds force, he was responsible for a lot of IED attacks in Iraq against US military personnel. One wonders why US looks the other way with ISI, which has also engineered attacks with the Haqqani network against US military personnel in Afghanistan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LordPrabhzy said:

The issue is that Iran is not like Iraq or Afghanistan for that matter. It has a sophisticated and strong military with over 500K soldiers. The US would be foolish to engage in a ground invasion.

same goes for Iran. they dont have the means to fight the US. the biggest winner in all this is China though. Getting US sucked into another war would be on the Chinese wishlist at a time when Taiwan and HK are giving Beijing major headaches. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chalo, laora Bush destabilized the Middle East by invading Iraq using false information and now the Orange Turd is about to start a new war! Iran is not like Iraq. Although they cannot go toe to toe with the American military machine (no one can), but they can do a lot of damage in other ways! :facepalm:

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/03/world/middleeast/iranian-general-qassem-soleimani-killed.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Prabhdeep Singh said:

This is a very courageous move.

 

Something India has to take note of when dealing with similar situations.

 

 

 

Trump is a blowhard. Nothing about him is courageous. He dodged the draft during the Vietnam war citing bone spurs in his foot. Except that he cannot remember which foot it was. :rotfl:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I meant courageous as a leader/statesman of country.

 

Not all men can be courageous on the battlefield, you can be courageous in the strategic moves you make in a leadership role of country.

 

Sometimes you have to call their bluff in response to threats.

 

Example 26/11 in India, if evidence provided was so accurate and nothing was done with regards to the perpetrators, surely a different strategy was required.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Audiophile said:

Trump is a blowhard. Nothing about him is courageous. He dodged the draft during the Vietnam war citing bone spurs in his foot. Except that he cannot remember which foot it was. :rotfl:

How is he different from Clinton or Bush? Even they dodged the draft. Bush's case with Air National Guard is a classic case about how rich people avoided the war draft. 

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush_military_service_controversy

 

Edited by coffee_rules
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

How is he different from Clinton or Bush? Even they dodged the draft. Bush's case with Air National Guard is a classic case about how rich people avoided the war draft. 

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush_military_service_controversy

 

Yes they dodged the draft too, but they did not go around tooting their horn about how macho they were. Trump said McCain was weak because he got caught (a decorated war veteran who endured torture at the hands of the enemy and wouldn’t agree to be released unless all the POW were released). Trump is a conman, a fraud, and a habitual liar. Everything about him is fake, a facade. I have been following him well before his Presidential run.


Most of the politicians are scum, but he was taken it to a different level. Mind you, I am no fan of Bush and Clinton. The former is directly responsible for war crimes and destabilizing the Middle East, and the latter is a bonafide sexual predator.

Edited by Audiophile
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Prabhdeep Singh said:

I meant courageous as a leader/statesman of country.

 

Not all men can be courageous on the battlefield, you can be courageous in the strategic moves you make in a leadership role of country.

 

Sometimes you have to call their bluff in response to threats.

 

Example 26/11 in India, if evidence provided was so accurate and nothing was done with regards to the perpetrators, surely a different strategy was required.

 

 

 

When you have this level of military might, you can take these decisions without worrying too much about consequences. The American military have the capability to annihilate any country on this planet. The US defense budget is close to $800 billion! Also, geographically US is isolated from the Middle East by Europe and the Atlantic Ocean.

 

With India, Pakistan being so close and sharing a land border makes it difficult. Same with US unable to control flow of illicit drugs coming in from Mexico because of a long land border. If 26/11 happened today under the Modi govt, I do not think they would act as helpless as the Congress govt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Absolutely. I don't see us involved in any of this. Iran is in fact an important ally in the region for India. 

DC is pissed that ISIS was wiped out by  Iran-Syria-Russia in such a short timeframe. DC doesn't want to leave the region without retaining the ability to make influential decisions via its friends reigning control in the region. Guess who was leading the battle to defeat ISIS? General Soleimani. This is far more complicated than it looks. 

Edited by FischerTal
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, FischerTal said:

foolish from Iran, US is in no mood to invade Iran. they will just bomb it back to Stone-Age.

As we have seen since 2000, US has used  divide and rule policy to make Muslims fight against Muslims. At least 10 lakhs of that population have died in middle East and Pakistan in US war against terror. US will continue using same policy over here by just keeping few thousand of army men and using  lakhs of  to fight against their opponents. I doubt they will bomb Iran to stone age. The targeted drone attacks may increase though. The killed terrorist count will drastically increase if this escalates further

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

As we have seen since 2000, US has used  divide and rule policy to make Muslims fight against Muslims. At least 10 lakhs of that population have died in middle East and Pakistan in US war against terror. US will continue using same policy over here by just keeping few thousand of army men and using  lakhs of  to fight against their opponents. I doubt they will bomb Iran to stone age. The targeted drone attacks may increase though. The killed terrorist count will drastically increase if this escalates further

depends on what scale of attack Iran mounts. they just put an 80 million dollar bounty on Trump's head. its posturing, but Iran, via its asymmetric capabilities in Syria, Libya, Iraq and Lebanon will make things tough for USA. Also, don't be surprised if Russia and China offer covert support.

Edited by FischerTal
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FischerTal said:

depends on what scale of attack Iran mounts. they just put an 80 million dollar bounty on Trump's head. its posturing, but Iran, via its asymmetric capabilities in Syria, Libya, Iraq and Lebanon will make things tough for USA. Also, don't be surprised if Russia and China offer covert support.

370000 is the official count of dead people in Syria due to "US war against Terrorism". Surely the nation won't like to see that official count to reach 400000.

 

Last time Iran reacted by flexing muscles in the "Strait of Hormuz". Most probably Iran would try that again .

 

Russia and China might support Iran behind the scenes. However, US would not be bullied by that. Just see the number of countries US has influenced the way they want since 2000.US won't be a spectator for sure.  Trump will not need an invitation to react.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Solemani had come to Baghdad apparently on the invitation of Iraqi pm to meet him for peace with the US.

 

 

"I was supposed to meet Soleimani at the morning the day he was killed, he came to deliver me a message from Iran responding to the message we delivered from Saudi to Iran" the Iraqi PM said, highlighting that Soleimani was carrying a response from Iran to a Saudi initiative to diffuse tensions in the region. That came after Trump called the Iraqi PM and asked him to mediate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

that is like rajnath saying hum kadi ninda karte hain.

Iraq is divided along Shia Sunni and kurd lines...the Parliament reflects that...it's a significant thing that they passed this resolution...as initially they had asked for US troops on their soil for fighting IS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FischerTal said:

yet HAL is stuck in the Middle Ages with workers demanding higher salaries. 

Tejas will be still in a development stage by the time the world air forces move to drones....

 

Ever since drones were introduced US combat losses have declined rapidly in Afghanistan and Iraq. Its another issue that civil casualties have risen rapidly.

 

They are a very cost effective way of operation as well.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, G_B_ said:

Tejas will be still in a development stage by the time the world air forces move to drones....

 

Ever since drones were introduced US combat losses have declined rapidly in Afghanistan and Iraq. Its another issue that civil casualties have risen rapidly.

 

They are a very cost effective way of operation as well.

 

 

India is getting the MQ-9 Reaper but the unarmed version. Its for the Navy to conduct maritime surveillance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

370000 is the official count of dead people in Syria due to "US war against Terrorism". Surely the nation won't like to see that official count to reach 400000.

 

Last time Iran reacted by flexing muscles in the "Strait of Hormuz". Most probably Iran would try that again .

 

Russia and China might support Iran behind the scenes. However, US would not be bullied by that. Just see the number of countries US has influenced the way they want since 2000.US won't be a spectator for sure.  Trump will not need an invitation to react.

 

 

US is itching for a fight in Iran after its losses in Syria. However, I think Iran will do the smart thing and just go back to nuclear proliferation. Thats the only thing that will somewhat guarantee protection from US.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...