Trump acquitted!

FischerTal

Have to say that 3 months ago, I thought enough Republicans would be swayed to avoid this outcome, but I guess the Republicans decided to cave to Trump's blackmail and avoid President Pelosi at all costs.  

Politics prevails over facts in 'democracies'.  And not just in the developing world...

What a travesty. The Orangutan gets away beacuse the RepubliCONs have no morals anymore. Replace Obama with Trump for the same crime and the RepubliCONs would not only impeach him, but probably lynch him as well. This is not the Republicans of the Watergate era. Nixon would have got away if Watergate happened today. 

3 hours ago, sandeep said:

Have to say that 3 months ago, I thought enough Republicans would be swayed to avoid this outcome, but I guess the Republicans decided to cave to Trump's blackmail and avoid President Pelosi at all costs.  

Politics prevails over facts in 'democracies'.  And not just in the developing world...

It was partisan on party basis from the beginning. He was impeached in congress solely based on politics. He should be defeated in polls , not by these methods. Don't dems learn from history

34 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

It was partisan on party basis from the beginning. He was impeached in congress solely based on politics. He should be defeated in polls , not by these methods. Don't dems learn from history

Have you seen the Iowa Caucus debacle? They still have not counted all the votes. Sanders scares the democratic establishment more than Trump.

6 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

No, they (dems), think they will defeat on rhetoric and tearing pages in congress. Where are intellectuals?

I don't believe it to be a rhetoric, but it is a simple TRUTH that Trump violated the law here and should have been impeached according to the standards of Justice. 

11 hours ago, Audiophile said:

What a travesty. The Orangutan gets away beacuse the RepubliCONs have no morals anymore.

Exactly, this is my deepest concern.

Right Wing all over the world seems to have lost the morals and humanity, which is leading to make our world a very dangerous place to live. 

I predicted right regarding this. Its all drama folks. First come the accusation of fraud, corruption, etc. Then the call for impeachment. Then the acuittal. This has been happening from Clinton times. Clinton, Bush, Obama, ttrump all have went through this and when push comes to shove they end up uminpeached. What is impeached anyway. Do they bring back the guillotine and start cutting off their heads. Come on dudes. Find something useful to do rather than following bullshit which is what news is.

1 hour ago, Alam_dar said:

I don't believe it to be a rhetoric, but it is a simple TRUTH that Trump violated the law here and should have been impeached according to the standards of Justice. 

Their TRUTH was not backed by solid evidence, testimony or hearing Transcripts of telephone conversations is not proof, plus the whistleblower was fortified, was not allowed to testify by dems. They impeached him only on hearsay of the whistleblower and no testimony in Congress. That is their version of TRUTH. It sets a precedent that future Presidents can be impeached on the whims of the majority party.

2 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Exactly, this is my deepest concern.

Right Wing all over the world seems to have lost the morals and humanity, which is leading to make our world a very dangerous place to live. 

They should all learn secularism from Muslims nations.

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Their TRUTH was not backed by solid evidence, testimony or hearing Transcripts of telephone conversations is not proof, plus the whistleblower was fortified, was not allowed to testify by dems. They impeached him only on hearsay of the whistleblower and no testimony in Congress. That is their version of TRUTH. It sets a precedent that future Presidents can be impeached on the whims of the majority party.

No one could impeach the president only on the bases of whistle-blower, but it were the E-Mails and then Testimonies of other officials which were presented as proof during this case, and these testimonies and E-Mails were clear about the crime of the President. 

15 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

They should all learn secularism from Muslims nations.

Without the REIGNS of Secularism, there will hardly be any difference between the Muslims and the followers of other religions. It may sounds harsh for you, but this is my honest opinion. 

Edited by Alam_dar

52 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

The sham of partisan politics.

As others have pointed out GOP is totally spineless and morally bankrupt. But that was known.

As usual his supporters see nothing wrong in the crimes of the god emprorer

Partisan politics works both ways. The house trial was a sham itself with zero republican witnessses, Democrats blocking request to put whistleblower as a witness, and the unusual speed at which trial was conducted because of democractic agenda to make this a 2020 election talking point.

2 hours ago, Sachinism said:

The sham of partisan politics.

As others have pointed out GOP is totally spineless and morally bankrupt. But that was known.

As usual his supporters see nothing wrong in the crimes of the god emprorer

C'mon it was all politics. Just because you hate Trump, you feel this way. The same happened even in Clinton trial and you can see how MSM at that time sounded like what Foxnews felt about Trump. How the tables have turned.  Dems didn't have the spine to impeach Clinton in the senate, although Clinton had more grounds of impeachment than Trump. Without witnesses and documents, how do you expect to conduct a senate trial, while Dems in the house impeached him on party lines.

16 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Without the REIGNS of Secularism, there will hardly be any difference between the Muslims and the followers of other religions. It may sounds harsh for you, but this is my honest opinion. 

Till circa 2006 Nepal was a Hindu monarchy, not secular. Saudi is Islamic monarchy. Now come again. 

Bhutan- not secular, Buddhist country

Argentina- not secular

Denmark- nah

You want me to go on. Get the picture don't you?

Just because tolerance, secularism, humanity are alien concepts to the Muslim world, don't assume the same for the civilized world.

And while you are at it, try to correct these

Image result for apostasy map

Image result for lgbt death map

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Till circa 2006 Nepal was a Hindu monarchy, not secular. Saudi is Islamic monarchy. Now come again. 

I look at the thing from different angle. 

For me it is not the name that a State or Individuals use for them, but it is their behaviour. 

For example, Nepal was a Hindu State in name, but actually it had Secular Values. 

While on the other hand, India is a Secular State, but the behaviour of the majority of BJP bhagts is extremist. 

As compared to present Nepal, we saw the true Hindu Religious States in the Past, where Shudars and Dallits suffered for thousands of years. 

Nepal was not a true Hindu State, as Hindu Religious Laws were not implemented in Nepal fully, but it has already been driven to Secular Values despite declaring Nepal a Hindu State. 

Bhutan- not secular, Buddhist country

I have great respect for Buddha. 

He was a "humanist" , which is the biggest religion for me and also "sacred". 

Thus Buddhism itself has a lot of Secular Values. 

Nevertheless, the Buddhists in Burma have become extremists, and they are not practising the Secular Buddhist Values, as we saw in the case of Rohingiyas.

I am strongly against religion of Islam, but as far as normal Muslims are concerned, then I don't want their genocide as it happened to Jews in Germany or to Rohingiyas in Burma. 

Argentina- not secular

Denmark- nah

For me, they are indeed Secular, even if they don't declare it. They don't have centuries old Christian laws, but all their laws are based according to non-religious human thinking, which is the base of the Secular values. 

The real Christian religious laws and states were present in the medieval period, and we know how tyrant they were without the reigns of secularism.  

Just because tolerance, secularism, humanity are alien concepts to the Muslim world, don't assume the same for the civilized world.

I am afraid that presently Right Wing is unfortunately not presenting the "civilised world".  What we are seeing from them, it is totally opposite of it and it constitutes "Might is Right" and the "Jungle Law". 

I just hope that right wing could realise their mistake. 

The path of Left (Humanity) is difficult, and demands a lot of sacrifice. But still it is the only right path. 

And while you are at it, try to correct these

Bro, why are you asking me to defend the Muslims/Islam? 

Your statement

On 2/6/2020 at 6:08 PM, Alam_dar said:

Now explain why non-Muslim countries/societies are more likely to abide by secular, liberal, tolerant values today. Forget what is written in their constitutions. Can non-Muslim men marry Muslim women in Islamic societies without dire consequences? Don't bring in Hindutva, I can give examples of RSS/BJP guys giving their daughters to Muslim families. Also the most rabid Hindutvawadi will still be more liberal/tolerant/secular than nearly all Muslims.