Your Playing 11 for the first test in NZ

If boult,Henry are fit ,then I cant see agarwal,shaw or gill surviving against them especially agarwal.

You have to understand the result of this series totally depends on how we face against boult with new ball and later Wagner with his bouncers .

vihari Is a no no ,Wagner will eat him alive with his bouncers 

6 minutes ago, adi B said:

If boult,Henry are fit ,then I cant see agarwal,shaw or gill surviving against them especially agarwal.

You have to understand the result of this series totally depends on how we face against boult with new ball and later Wagner with his bouncers .

vihari Is a no no ,Wagner will eat him alive with his bouncers 

nz tracks are quite flat after 1st innings. shaw is good on flatter tracks as is agarwal. gill has a more complete game perhaps.

Just now, Cricwala said:

for all we know, Vihari might open with Mayank, and we cld play with both Jadeja & Ashwin as part of 5-man attack.

All depends on which side of bed Kohli gets up from, or which player forgot to greet him in the hotel corridor the night before :nono:

or whichever one of them forgot to bring bewda his next drink.

Just now, zen said:

Last I watched Vihari was in the test series in Aus where he looked like a glorified nightwatchman. I hope he has improved since then 

he has improved - WI pitches are not easy especially with their current attack - and he did fine there. but, he still does have issues. would rather play rahane ahead of him.

5 minutes ago, Vijy said:

nz tracks are quite flat after 1st innings. shaw is good on flatter tracks as is agarwal. gill has a more complete game perhaps.

That is true but the threat with the new ball is the main worry,especially a quality left arm seamer.

I have a feeling nzl will prepare a green top on the first test ,they know flat pitches will help Indian batsmen and it's not easy to score 400s 500s even on flat tracks against the Indian bowling as compared to the English attack or srl attack like they did .

Greentops are their best bet to win a test against India, they know India struggle in these conditions and saf,eng have tried and succeeded in this mantra against India. 

2 minutes ago, adi B said:

That is true but the threat with the new ball is the main worry,especially a quality left arm seamer.

I have a feeling nzl will prepare a green top on the first test ,they know flat pitches will help Indian batsmen and it's not easy to score 400s 500s even on flat tracks against the Indian bowling as compared to the English attack or srl attack like they did .

Greentops are their best bet to win a test against India, they know India struggle in these conditions and saf,eng have tried and succeeded in this mantra against India. 

yes, green tops would be a good policy because grandhomme becomes quite dangerous on such pitches and adds the balance. with him and santner, NZ can bat till 8. Watling at 6, CdG at 7 and santner at 8 is deep. also, their batters like Jane (i.e. Kane) can do well.

normally, green tops could come back to bite them because of bumrah-shami-ishant, but ishant is missing and bumrah is totally off the boil. time for old man shami to carry the attack on his creaking back

1 minute ago, zen said:

NZ would be dumb to not play on green tops or at least on pitches that offer some type of help for fast bowlers for most parts of the test as bowling is NZ's strength  

they probably will. ideally, they should play a proper greentop and ditch santner. matt henry is very good in ODIs, less so in tests. they should play 5 man attack on greentop - boult, southee, wagner, CdG and jamieson. last two will bat and offer balance.

On 2/9/2020 at 12:49 AM, express bowling said:

My playing 11

1. Gill

2. Mayank

3. Pujara

4. Kohli

5. Rahane 

6. Vihari

7. Pant

8. Jadeja

9. Saini

10. Shami

11. Bumrah 

----  Gill is in red hot form in the Unofficial Tests in NZ. Just scored a century as an opener after his 204* and 83 in the last game. He should be one of the openers.

---- Saini should play ahead of Umesh ... he is in excellent form and Umesh is unreliable in tests in SENA.

----  I prefer Pant in tests in SENA. He catches well to pacers and is a much better batsman than Saha. This is needed in SENA.

----  This is a very strong batting line-up till 8  ... 3 top quality genuine fast bowlers ... 5 bowling options including Vihari.

Excellent team, Ashwin should also get some consideration IMO.

what we will see from this idiotic TM:

Vihari (sacrificial lamb)

Agarwal (won't be discarded despite suspect technical ability against moving balls)

Chepu

Rat

Rahane (because of seniority)

Saha (better keeper, but batting has gone down the drain)

Jaddu

Ashwin (expect TM to justify it using Ashwin's "batting" ability)

Ummi (should be Saini, since Ummi is a spraygun overseas)

Shami

Bumrah (will probably be overbowled/injured and will devolve into trundler).