Ind vs NZ 3rd ODI, Mount Maunganui

ssurenn

5 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

Saini bowls gun-barrel straight. no out swinger or in swinger. wonder how he did so well in First class?

Swing depends on condition a lot. His strengths are diff. He is more of seam bowler who strength is short of good length something that even wagner does. Withim short time he has developed yorker n slower one to and he has pace. U cant raise question watching white ball game on someone red ball format. In LOI most of time bowler looks to keep it in stump. He has done well coz he backed his strength. There is more to bowling then just swing 

46 minutes ago, Cricwala said:

that ball by Chahal is a reminder of what he can do if he's told to just go for wickets. Tries to bowl a containing line far too often these days for my liking. Iyer shld be asked to bowl regularly atleast in these meaningless bilaterals, that's the best way of developing good 6-7th bowling options. 

Well said...today after long time i see Chahal trying to bowl leg breaks regularly and on dangerous lines...he has turned to bowling bit too many flippers lately, trying to contain. We need a Jaiswal in this team, who can contribute when the wicket is slow and turning like Raina was used by thala.

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Swing depends on condition a lot. His strengths are diff. He is more of seam bowler who strength is short of good length something that even wagner does. Withim short time he has developed yorker n slower one to and he has pace. U cant raise question watching white ball game on someone red ball format. In LOI most of time bowler looks to keep it in stump. He has done well coz he backed his strength. There is more to bowling then just swing 

his pace is not that impressive though. Seam bowlers usually tend to be 140+. he has been mostly 135. at that pace, you need to be a swing bowler.

1 minute ago, Cricwala said:

This is why I don't rate Bharat Arun too highly...forget spinners as I don't think he has any input for them whatsoever, but even among pacers - are we seeing any improvement from season to season? Are bowlers adding news skills in armoury? Bumrah and Shami have natural skills, but have the younger pacers improved under Arun's watch?

Younger pacers ko time hi kitna hua hai

Saini from his debut has become better with yorker n slower ball.

Thakur is avg.....arun cant transform someone who is bang avg

4 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

his pace is not that impressive though. Seam bowlers usually tend to be 140+. he has been mostly 135. at that pace, you need to be a swing bowler.

dont take only one day as an example out of 10 days ....his pace has been around 145k 9 out of 10 days . 

everyone will have off days , sometimes it can be a niggle or stiffness or sometimes bowler dont get rhythem on some days

@express bowling will tell u better

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

dont take only one day as an example out of 10 days ....his pace has been around 145k 9 out of 10 days . 

everyone will have off days , sometimes it can be a niggle or stiffness or sometimes bowler dont get rhythem on some days

@express bowling will tell u better

I doubt that. at best his average speed in LOi cricket has been around 140