Match Thread : India v/s New Zealand XI Practice Match at Hamilton

8 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

This is why I don’t believe in hyping up these newbies until they have gone through atleast 1-2 seasons of Ranji along with a couple of A tours in SENA countries. 

Vihari, pujara and Kohli are our best hopes. Rahane too hopefully

:p: No one hypes them other than few wannabe experts we have here. 

36 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

This is why I don’t believe in hyping up these newbies until they have gone through atleast 1-2 seasons of Ranji along with a couple of A tours in SENA countries. 

Vihari, pujara and Kohli are our best hopes. Rahane too hopefully

Just because they failed two times? Mayank Agarwal scored a double hundred in India few months ago and look how many low scores he had here. Gill made plenty of runs this tour and Shaw has been in good touch even in the ODIs. You cant score big in every game.

3 minutes ago, SUMO said:

He gets overawed in big games it seems.
Never performed in presence of seniors.

That is my exact impression. He just gets overwhelmed by the occasion. When you put him in the spot "this is a big match that will be make or break for you" he just catches cold feet. He is a gifted player otherwise. He has to develop a solid percentage game where he spends ugly half an hour at the crease and take over the game gradually.

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Gill is frustrating. He scores buckets of runs when nobody is watching lol When people turn their attention to a match he plays he just goes missing. I want this guy to do well. May be i should use some reverse jinx.

I am pretty sure Selectors and Indian Team management were watching his A tour performances. And people are allowed to have bad days.

11 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

From what i saw Saini is no different when it comes to economy rate in longer games.  He was also leaking runs, As i said Yadav has not bowled in NZ or SA. So we cannot use Kookaburra excuse to discard him. If they use such logic they would not even have him in the squad.  In the 2016 A tour Bumrab bowled worse than Umesh in Australia averaging 52. ON absolute roads against half decent batsman taking wicket in Australia is much harder.  When Bumrah was out, Umesh yadav stepped up last year and helped us maintain our supremacy at home. There is no captain that will drop him cold because we think he has poorer past record with Kookaburra.  Rohit with his record against swing bowling should have never been picked for Tests. He is still playing. Agarwal after horrendous tour to NZ, will not play first Test. But he will play. You have to back your players unless there is someone significantly superior to this guy. Saini is clearly not such a bowler. He is no Bumrah or Shami or Ishant.  One more guy who would lose his spot will be Ashwin if they say Kookaburra is an issue.

Umesh ususally bowls a few jaffas per test but some filt too. saini looks to be a more stable bowler.