The GOAT wins Laureus Sporting moment

Cricketics

53 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Yeah I detest this chutiyaap too even though I used to be a huge fan. 

It's mouthbreathers like @Laaloo who give us sane sachinistas a bad name. 

For the record I used to be a huge fan of Sachin and still like his batting. What I don't like is fanboyism and his elevation to godhood. Lol at mouth breather comment :hysterical:

4 hours ago, New guy said:

So a 16 year old Sachin belting some of the best bowlers in their own backyard wasnt a touch of genius? Lara sucked in Australia except that one innings, Sachin dominated them both home and away

Hey, sachin was special and will always remain right up there. was talking abt the 99 series in Windies, btw..this innings in particular https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Duz--5hHmNEY&ved=2ahUKEwja5qXG29vnAhVn6XMBHTNvBFoQwqsBMAR6BAgIEAQ&usg=AOvVaw31z5tGkAyCCbkUsgf-AQRA

7 hours ago, Cricwala said:

exactly, 'Cricket is a religion in India, Tendulkar is its God' line aligns with the condescending portrayal of India as an "irrational, polytheistic country" which worships anything & everything (West doesn't actually respect us for our diversity as the colonized intelligentsia would have you believe), while the West is "rational, scientific, structured even in matter of religion with OTG (One True God), a proper book & prophet etc."

Sports fans in the West are really just fans, unlike Indians and Latinos who are 'crazy freaks' - so what if Western countries actually have a phenomenon known as "groupies" where young women are conditioned to throw themselves at sports jocks and musicians as the 'normal' thing to do, where an overrated English soccer team moves around with a crazy press corps that will cover every piece of salacious gossip about players' private lives and portray players like Rooney & Beckham as GODS only to have their hopes dashed EVERY TIME by the much lower profile, but far more efficient Germans :) 

Perfect post, how well you conveyed what i tried to convey as well in many rant filled posts makes me feel you are a columnist. You write too good man your cover will get blown.

10 hours ago, Cricwala said:

Who are these Laureus guys? This reminds me of the Miss World strategy back in 90s - trying to penetrate a booming market?

Anyway, am tired of this 'Cricket is a religion in India, and Tendulkar is God' s**t thrown around by white babalog and lapped up by our brown sahibs. No one ever called 'Soccer is religion of UK, with Beckham as God', or 'Michael Jordan, God of USA'. Tendulkar is a sporting icon in India, thats all. If anything, Bradman has been made into God of cricket by Anglo-Saxons, with the rest of the cricket playing world expected to worship him as greatest batsman of all time despite the fact that he almost exclusively played in just two countries - Australia and UK.  

That’s a wrong way of looking at it. We don’t have such a closed idea of god like some of the Abrahamic religions.

Calling Sachin a god of cricket is just praising how good he was at his skill. 

For  example would you consider the song Tujhme Rab dikhta hai as blasphemy?  It’s just an expression that the poet/lyricist is trying to convey.

Dravid once said on Ganguly’s  offside strokes - on offside  first there is god and then there is Saurav

It is just an expression. If people start building temples and actually worshipping Tendulkar on a regular basis then we  have a problem.

I know @Gollum will spam the response with pictures of some idiots doing Yagna with Sachin’s pic :laugh: but they are what they are idiots.

In fact Sachinistas  on this forum like @New guy @maniac @Laaloohave made fun of Sachin’s political stint .

Its just an expression and we should be proud to be liberal enough to use god as an expression for something that is magnificent in this case Sachin’s skill.

Edited by Global.Baba
36 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

That’s a wrong way of looking at it. We don’t have such a closed idea of god like some of the Abrahamic religions.

For  example would you consider the song Tujhme Rab dikhta hai as blasphemy?  It’s just an expression that the poet/lyricist is trying to convey.

Dravid once said on Ganguly’s  offside strokes - on offside  first there is god and then there is Saurav

It is just an expression. If people start building temples and actually worshipping Tendulkar on a regular basis then we  have a problem.

I know @Gollum will spam the response with pictures of some idiots doing Yagna with Sachin’s pic :laugh: but they are what they are idiots.

In fact Sachinistas  on this forum like @New guy @maniac @Laaloohave made fun of Sachin’s political stint .

Its just an expression and we should be proud to be liberal enough to use god as an expression for something that is magnificent in this case Sachin’s skill.

lol how very convenient 

That’s a wrong way of looking at it. ( When someone challenges their opinion and asks not to be patronized by goras and stop hyping someone as God)

Its just an expression and we should be proud to be liberal enough to use (when it comes your own opinion).

There are no right and wrong here maniac baba there is just perception.

57 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Who cares if some thin skinned bhakts get their panties in a bunch? 

Srt is at least real unlike the many other figments of imagination that people get so offended on behalf of. :giggle: