Is USA the new epicenter of Corona Virus

sarcastic

What do you expect to be the total cases from USA  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What do you expect to be the total cases of Corona in USA at the end of Pandemic

• less than 1 million
    • 1 - 5 million
    • More than 5 million

15 hours ago, First class said:

Thanks folks for your kind remarks and also to others for their "compliments" . But I can;t return the favor for those "compliments" and here's why.

I'm an intensive care physician in a big hospital for more than 10 years and have seen  innumerable sick people and deaths over the years in ICU .  But the level of shock , grief and deaths I am seeing on daily basis for last  3-4 weeks due to covid 19 pandemic has been unprecedented. We're at a war against this unseen enemy killing thousands of our countrymen on daily basis. Among my most trusted comrades ( or soldiers ) in this war are many Indians, whom I admire tremendously. They are residents and fellows physicians working with me and have been giving their 110% to save lives of the patients , risking not only their own lives but also putting their families at risk . Being an attending physician I have more responsibilities,  I make daily teaching and clinical rounds with them but they are the one who spend more time with covid 19 patients and perform more procedures than I do. Every one of them is fearless but smart and very dedicated to give the patients their best chance to survive. They come to ICU hours before me and leave later than I do, They are the true heroes in the war. 

Not just Indian residents and fellows but also Indian cardiologists, surgeons and other physicians are the part of our bigger "army" fighting this war together. 

So when I think about Indians, those heroes come in my mind and no one else, so in my current state of mind and in future too, I don;t feel like saying any thing negative about any Indian, including on this forum . 

Stay safe, stay well, stay home if you can . 

Thanks for your service, I might be treated by you here in NJ, god forbin :fear:

The curve in NJ/NY keeps going up, and when I read about curve flattenning or some such nonsense I :wall:

I am worried for HCWs , I read 20% of positive cases in USA are HCWs, I :hatsoff:to you and all hcws.

p.s: I still don't agree with your anti-Modi views, pro-Muslim views, but, that is for another day. We both need to survive this crisis to fight that debate in the future

36 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

You never apologize to a Pakistani no matter what Mando. This is the way. 

As @Gollum knows quite well - he's complained about it often enough - , I may be a strong hawk when it comes to Pak Gov and PakMil, but I am not the same when it comes to a random Pakistani - not unless given reason to be. 

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

Dude you interact quite a lot with Autonomous :cantstop:, a chill guy. Maybe you were half asleep when you posted this. 

yeah, didn't mean to use him as an example of 'bad egg' - that's more Aiden,Rock7xyz etc.  I got about 40 minutes sleep last night, so I'm a bit zombie....

2 hours ago, diga said:

Surges based on some reports of its drug being effective against Corona 

Yes Remdesivir has had a good `anecdotal evidence' week. It's a hard drug to copy, apparently. A Chinese firm was able to copy it. Hoping Cipla is too, if Remdesivir is indeed an potential treatment. 

A nations' response to CoVid19 can be judged on 3 broad based parameters:

1) Taking cognisance of the problem and timely action by the political leadership.

2) Civic sense and general levels of obedience of the people

3) Accessibility and affordability of basic health facilities.

South Korea scores high on all these parameters and they've managed to flatten the curve.

India acted quite early. Full credit to the government. India is lacking on parameters 2 and 3. But still things seem to be in control. At least so far.

USA in general has a relatively obedient population and fairly decent health care set-up. Yet the utterly idiotic delay to implement a lockdown has resulted in 6lakh+ infections and 30k+ dead. 

Just goes on to show how important leadership is in a time like this.

Edited by Mariyam

47 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

India acted quite early.

I think only now, general population of India has started to understand and gravity of situation has just begun to sink in. In West, it was exactly same. But Indias responded to the call of PM. I can understand there will be few thousand Chewtiyas in midst of 1.3 billion people. But I greatly admire the way India population as a whole has reacted.

Question is why Indian leadership acted quickly? while rest didnt? Did China tell us. Was our Intelligence better? Did that flight over Wuhan to rescue India Citizens and stories by people who came back made us understand gravity? When India has over billions in people, did our Government still prioritise lives of Indians over Economic activity?  Are India Capitalist not as influential as we thought or are they more humane? Is India under able leadership?  If its individual who took the call? Whatever, I think its sum total of all of above why government acted so quickly

Edited by mishra

3 hours ago, mishra said:

I think only now, general population of India has started to understand and gravity of situation has just begun to sink in. In West, it was exactly same. But Indias responded to the call of PM. I can understand there will be few thousand Chewtiyas in midst of 1.3 billion people. But I greatly admire the way India population as a whole has reacted.

Question is why Indian leadership acted quickly? while rest didnt? Did China tell us. Was our Intelligence better? Did that flight over Wuhan to rescue India Citizens and stories by people who came back made us understand gravity? When India has over billions in people, did our Government still prioritise lives of Indians over Economic activity?  Are India Capitalist not as influential as we thought or are they more humane? Is India under able leadership?  If its individual who took the call? Whatever, I think its sum total of all of above why government acted so quickly

I think leadership had the ability to forecast scenarios better and took good measures for prevention. 

Planning and implementation of the lockdown could have been better but it is not easy to manage such huge population. 

2 hours ago, Autonomous said:

I think leadership had the ability to forecast scenarios better and took good measures for prevention. 

Planning and implementation of the lockdown could have been better but it is not easy to manage such huge population. 

Yes, leadership has. Pakistan and India, specially Pakistan has severe economic pressure. Pakistan  has Loans and  it must return monthly installment. On top Mullahs there have threatened with Action if there is anything discussed about Mosque congregations.

So when @Mariyam ji mentions point 2 and 3, She forgets that Its Point 1 of hers thats absorbing the impact of point 2 and point 3 , as them two points are a very slow and gradual process of civilization History.

IMO, Every nation apart from US is not giving correct stats. So, All SAARC nations have done exceptionally well. Pakistan would have been Royally effed if those students from Wuhan were allowed to enter in Pakistan during winter. That blame Immy took for leaving students stranded was best decision from him considering point 2 of Mariyam ji wrt Pakistan

Edited by mishra