Now even Shekhar Gupta is irked by international media coverage on India

sandeep

8 minutes ago, MechEng said:

I have visited some liberal forums recently filled with mostly Aussies/Brits and NRIs, the amount of contempt they have for nationalism and also Modi is surprising. I would expect that in a Pakistani forum but not so much from self proclaimed objective liberals.

The funny part is that they bash India for ultra nationalism when in fact nation state is not an Indian concept, it was a product of Industrial revolution before which monarchy/empires existed.

Not to forget the irrational hatred they have for Kim Jong Un. Sure he is a dictator, may not be a good person and has isolated the entire country from the world, but then the saviour complex kicks in since communist nations are inherently evil and need democracy to be freed as per their perspective.

Whether it's right wing or left wing, their (western) perspective is always right, and if they don't get things their way, start shaming/arm twisting the opponent by using media. The saviour complex is deeply in built.

CW? 

Westerners and NRI's are spoilt brats that have lived in urban centres in the west that have absolutely no idea about the struggle that a common man in a third world country goes through. The fact that "safe spaces" exist tells you how coddled they are in the western world.

If a riot happens in India, it happens in a poor locality and it's the poor Hindu that has to suffer. The elite Hindus living in a posh locality have no idea what it's like to face such a situation which is why they have contempt for Modi and nationalism.

I'd bet a lot of money that all these liberals who shame Modi would turn hardcore nationalists if they personally experience a riot like the one in Delhi recently.

3 hours ago, PunterLog said:

Westerners and NRI's are spoilt brats that have lived in urban centres in the west that have absolutely no idea about the struggle that a common man in a third world country goes through. The fact that "safe spaces" exist tells you how coddled they are in the western world.

If a riot happens in India, it happens in a poor locality and it's the poor Hindu that has to suffer. The elite Hindus living in a posh locality have no idea what it's like to face such a situation which is why they have contempt for Modi and nationalism.

I'd bet a lot of money that all these liberals who shame Modi would turn hardcore nationalists if they personally experience a riot like the one in Delhi recently.

NRI's are split and I believe titled more pro-Modi. We have a large diaspora, successful people, and lots of money yet there is little influence and lobbies. That's where the problem lies as there is really a glass ceiling or Hinduphobia for one to be a true leader.

Your last point is obviously the key. Many people are living in their comfort zones, as nothing has happened on their doorsteps. Once it does, it will probably be too late. There needs be a broader minds as the breaking India forces are only getting more stronger and active.

Dont think My support to BJP is down to religion. Its down to governance and pilicies.

I have had enough of communal casteist and divisive politics of liberal left. Those leftis think that people are chewts cant see that even in opposition, they are doing exactly same. There are many people like me who are classed as swing voters, but they are actually nationalist.  BJP is winning because of the Policies. 

Over time, entire opposition  would be decimated in ballot boxes, unless they can figure out that being Their  communal, castist, corrupt stuff is viewed as anti Natinal.

Edited by mishra

39 minutes ago, someone said:

NRI's are split and I believe titled more pro-Modi. We have a large diaspora, successful people, and lots of money yet there is little influence and lobbies. That's where the problem lies as there is really a glass ceiling or Hinduphobia for one to be a true leader.

Your last point is obviously the key. Many people are living in their comfort zones, as nothing has happened on their doorsteps. Once it does, it will probably be too late. There needs be a broader minds as the breaking India forces are only getting more stronger and active.

NRI's are split because older generations support modi while younger generations made up of edgy millenials are SJW's with little understanding on real world problems.

You wouldn't believe the number of 20 something aged NRI brats that call their parents "old fashioned" and "Islamophobic" etc.

As for the glass ceiling, the current older generation Indians don't have the attitude of a leader. Most of them were poor and migrated to the US for a living. This'll definitely change with the current generatioin Indians who aren't as meek as our older generation.

7 minutes ago, PunterLog said:

NRI's are split because older generations support modi while younger generations made up of edgy millenials are SJW's with little understanding on real world problems.

You wouldn't believe the number of 20 something aged NRI brats that call their parents "old fashioned" and "Islamophobic" etc.

As for the glass ceiling, the current older generation Indians don't have the attitude of a leader. Most of them were poor and migrated to the US for a living. This'll definitely change with the current generatioin Indians who aren't as meek as our older generation.

No. Modi's biggest support groups are NRIs, and that includes young people. Don't assume that just because one side is vocal, that they are the majority view. Even surveys show that young people prefer Modi to Rahul.

I feel today's young people who have studied business/engineering generally have a positive view of our country, and religion as their knowledge is primarily based from the parents. Whereas, those in humanities field, have been brainwashed as have learned western theories of India.

Indian diaspora is always one of the richest and educated in various parts of world. Yet, it simply doesn't have any influence nor representation at important things/places. That's because of the lack of strategic thinking and unity.

3 minutes ago, someone said:

No. Modi's biggest support groups are NRIs, and that includes young people. Don't assume that just because one side is vocal, that they are the majority view. Even surveys show that young people prefer Modi to Rahul.

I feel today's young people who have studied business/engineering generally have a positive view of our country, and religion as their knowledge is primarily based from the parents. Whereas, those in humanities field, have been brainwashed as have learned western theories of India.

Indian diaspora is always one of the richest and educated in various parts of world. Yet, it simply doesn't have any influence nor representation at important things/places. That's because of the lack of strategic thinking and unity.

Bhai, i'm talking about Indian diaspora overseas. Most guy's my age i.e 20's are westernized. If you just listen to their audio, you'd think it was a white liberal democrat who's spouting that crap not a desi guy. Their knowledge of Modi comes from the US media.

The guys who do support Modi are very well informed and i hope the other liberal guys change their mind as they become more informed.

This is a personal anecdote btw! I'm talking about my circle.

3 minutes ago, PunterLog said:

Bhai, i'm talking about Indian diaspora overseas. Most guy's my age i.e 20's are westernized. If you just listen to their audio, you'd think it was a white liberal democrat who's spouting that crap not a desi guy. Their knowledge of Modi comes from the US media.

The guys who do support Modi are very well informed and i hope the other liberal guys change their mind as they become more informed.

This is a personal anecdote btw! I'm talking about my circle.

There is no definite answer. I am also from that group, so my experience and interaction says its titled towards pro-Modi.

And don't be arrogant by calling the other side uninformed. Actually, they are better trained and well-equipped. Any discussion, they will inevitable bring caste, primitive culture, backwardness. Then, suddenly, our side people become uncomfortable and defensive. Thus, the argument is lost, as there is the burden of guilt and are apologetic Hindus. Thereby, why many aren't vocal Modi supporters as they are intimidated

Thus, the onus is for us to be better trained, defend ourselves well and research the other side with good counter-questions. We currently have no such ecosystem.

On 4/21/2020 at 8:09 AM, Jimmy Cliff said:

I occasionally post there as well dude. The cricket forum is (or used to be) great but is now mostly a meme-fest. Their Indian Politics thread is no different from r/india with self loathers galore. 

The level of snobbery you get to see there is hard to believe, even great cricketers have more humility than anyone there. I like pakpassion more than CW, at least in pakpassion they are upfront about their dislike for India rather than being snobbish and indirect.

On 4/23/2020 at 8:46 PM, MechEng said:

The level of snobbery you get to see there is hard to believe, even great cricketers have more humility than anyone there. I like pakpassion more than CW, at least in pakpassion they are upfront about their dislike for India rather than being snobbish and indirect.

I am yet to come across a hindu Indian who secretly doesn't like modi. On the face of if they will spew venom but talk to them one on one and you will see a different side. Try it once. 

I agree with you at least Pakistani are upfront about their hate for India unlike these jokes who sitting in the comfort of their home and advocating withdrawal of lockdown and impact on indian economy blah blah blah

Edited by jf1gp_1

2 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I am yet to come across a hindu Indian who secretly doesn't like modi. On the face of if they will spew venom but talk to them one on one and you will see a different side. Try it once. 

Ohh.. lemurian libtards are a different breed.  Try convincing them

As long as casteism, regionalism and illiteracy exists, Indians cannot morally defend themselves on world stage. How do you defend the belief in caste system? Atleast half of the atrocities that take place is because of caste. Casteism is actually increasing day by day. Even the so called convent educated and modern folks show their true colors once in a while. Truth is unless this nonsense propagated in the vedic period is not totally abolished, frictions/disunity will exist. Hence, preventing us to achieve greater feats on the world stage.

3 hours ago, WC2011INDIA said:

As long as casteism, regionalism and illiteracy exists, Indians cannot morally defend themselves on world stage. How do you defend the belief in caste system? Atleast half of the atrocities that take place is because of caste. Casteism is actually increasing day by day. Even the so called convent educated and modern folks show their true colors once in a while. Truth is unless this nonsense propagated in the vedic period is not totally abolished, frictions/disunity will exist. Hence, preventing us to achieve greater feats on the world stage.

Hardly anybody in urban India follow it, except for marriages and family events. Among youth , it is non-existing and shunned. You can’t force inter-caste marriages as most of them are choosing partners, while arranged marriages are successful in endogamy. It is observed in rural India more so in the north. Yes, we will have to abolish caste system and it should start with abolishing reservations. 

23 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Hardly anybody in urban India follow it, except for marriages and family events. Among youth , it is non-existing and shunned. You can’t force inter-caste marriages as most of them are choosing partners, while arranged marriages are successful in endogamy. It is observed in rural India more so in the north. Yes, we will have to abolish caste system and it should start with abolishing reservations. 

Caste system bashing is gora narrative. Yes, at worst Brahmin priests at some point a couple of hundred years ago may have bullied lower castes, but it is limited to that only, at least they never ordered ethnic cleansing of lower castes.

After all these years I have realized that the power of creating a dominant narrative lies in the hands of those who use might. And the west never gained this privilege through generous means instead with scientific advancements, military genocide and neo colonialism using soft power.

Edit: A good example is West's obsession with North Korea. Yes, I do agree that Kim Jong Un might be a cruel dictator as shown in media but why do people care what he does in North Korea? Why do you have to be world police? Why don't you mind your own business?

Edited by MechEng

27 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Caste system bashing is gora narrative. Yes, at worst Brahmin priests at some point a couple of hundred years ago may have bullied lower castes, but it is limited to that only, at least they never ordered ethnic cleansing of lower castes.

After all these years I have realized that the power of creating a dominant narrative lies in the hands of those who use might. And the west never gained this privilege through generous means instead with scientific advancements, military genocide and neo colonialism using soft power.

Edit: A good example is West's obsession with North Korea. Yes, I do agree that Kim Jong Un might be a cruel dictator as shown in media but why do people care what he does in North Korea? Why do you have to be world police? Why don't you mind your own business?

Brahmins got the brunt of the blame, but they didn’t have any power. The feudal lords who owned land and were benefitted by the caste system were the worst perpetuators of casteism and the blame and slurs go to Bommans.  Even now the rich classes of each caste want the caste system to continue as they own land , businesses and political power that take advantage of an existing caste system

6 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Brahmins got the brunt of the blame, but they didn’t have any power. The feudal lords who owned land and were benefitted by the caste system were the worst perpetuators of casteism and the blame and slurs go to Bommans.  Even now the rich classes of each caste want the caste system to continue as they own land , businesses and political power that take advantage of an existing caste system

To weaken a culture, ideology or a religion, attack poets/philosophers/priests who represent them.