Pregnant Wild Elephant Dies in River after Villager Feeds Her Cracker-filled Pineapple in Kerala

Ankit_sharma03

Once it turns out the main accused are not Hindus, Dharmicphobics are downplaying it.

It is in Palakkad and Malappuram. Who cares.

Elephant ate a trap meant for wild boars! But such explosive traps are banned.

Elephant is just an animal, outrage over a Jailed pregnant 

Muslim. Ignore that she is a criminal who hatched the Delhi riots that killed 53 people.

52 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Once it turns out the main accused are not Hindus, Dharmicphobics are downplaying it.

It is in Palakkad and Malappuram. Who cares.

Elephant ate a trap meant for wild boars! But such explosive traps are banned.

Elephant is just an animal, outrage over a Jailed pregnant 

Muslim. Ignore that she is a criminal who hatched the Delhi riots that killed 53 people.

This story will soon be buried. 

10 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

GM foods are no good either. If even an insect won't eat the produce, you can imagine the implications on humans.

By that logic, you shouldn't eat haldi - it has a chemical called curcumin that kills insects.  Or mirchi - it has a chemical called capsaicin that is also a potent insecticide.  If these can kill insects, you can imagine the implications on humans, especially Indians like us who eat them every day.  And, you definitely shouldn't eat chocolate, avocado, onions, garlic, or drink coffee, tea - they are all toxic to dogs.  If dogs can't eat those products, you can imagine the implications on humans.  After all, dogs are mammals and their physiology is just like ours, no?

As someone with a PhD in Plant Cell and Molecular Biology who also does some research in this area, I have seen and read pretty much everything there is to see and read in this area of work.  In the early 90s, when I first started graduate school, GMOs were just starting to come out and I was vehemently against them, because I did not know enough about the science.  But the more I learned about the science of molecular genetics, the more I realized I was wrong.  If you have an open mind and would like to learn more about them, I recommend the following:

(1) I2 debate on GMO:  https://www.intelligencesquaredus.org/debates/genetically-modify-food

(2) 

(3)

(4)  https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0111629

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

9 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

By that logic, you shouldn't eat haldi - it has a chemical called curcumin that kills insects.  Or mirchi - it has a chemical called capsaicin that is also a potent insecticide.  If these can kill insects, you can imagine the implications on humans, especially Indians like us who eat them every day.  And, you definitely shouldn't eat chocolate, avocado, onions, garlic, or drink coffee, tea - they are all toxic to dogs.  If dogs can't eat those products, you can imagine the implications on humans.  After all, dogs are mammals and their physiology is just like ours, no?

As someone with a PhD in Plant Cell and Molecular Biology who also does some research in this area, I have seen and read pretty much everything there is to see and read in this area of work.  In the early 90s, when I first started graduate school, GMOs were just starting to come out and I was vehemently against them, because I did not know enough about the science.  But the more I learned about the science of molecular genetics, the more I realized I was wrong.  If you have an open mind and would like to learn more about them, I recommend the following:

Are you paid by GM companies. Why are you so insisting on GM foods being a cure all. Haldi is grown in nature not a GM product. Chocolate, coffee and tea are highly processed by man. Hence they should be avoided. Others not so.

Take your PHD and dump it in the trash. That's all its worth. What are you trying to say with that statement - that we should all take your word for it because you served time in college. All research and ted talks are done to promote the agenda of those who paid them. Cancer started in western countries and to urban centres in India and may get to throughout the world. Don't be a tool for GM products which gives a slew of new diseases like cancer

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Why don't you let go of your own life then. Charity begins at home.

It is a general statement .... But feel free to get rid of yourself if it applies to you .... And don’t waste my time with dumb comments :facepalm:

Edited by zen

22 minutes ago, beetle said:

How do you propose to do that?

How do I propose to do that? There are multiple ways to do it. Human beings are not COVID viruses that they have to keep on spreading without planning. 

3 hours ago, zen said:

It is a general statement .... But feel free to get rid of yourself if it applies to you .... And don’t waste my time with dumb comments :facepalm:

I didn't say that human population should be reduced. Why should I get rid of myself :laugh: Since you were the one to make that comment, you should do the honor first. Reducing human population means killing no matter how you slice and dice it. So are you gonna be a hypocrite and blame others for overpopulation while you sit on a pedestal or you are gonna switch yourself off :biggrin: Some elitist mindset you have. Can't say I'm surprised because you also believe in global warming and environmental "issues" :no:

Edit: Don't act like you are busy. You have plenty of time to spend on ICF. Have I wasted enough of your time now :p:

Edited by Real McCoy

8 hours ago, zen said:

How do I propose to do that? There are multiple ways to do it. Human beings are not COVID viruses that they have to keep on spreading without planning. 

Which way will reduce population by 50%?

You did not mention ' control' population....you mentioned 'reduce'.

8 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

I didn't say that human population should be reduced. Why should I get rid of myself :laugh: Since you were the one to make that comment, you should do the honor first. Reducing human population means killing no matter how you slice and dice it. So are you gonna be a hypocrite and blame others for overpopulation while you sit on a pedestal or you are gonna switch yourself off :biggrin: Some elitist mindset you have. Can't say I'm surprised because you also believe in global warming and environmental "issues" :no:

Edit: Don't act like you are busy. You have plenty of time to spend on ICF. Have I wasted enough of your time now :p:

I may have plenty of time to spend on ICF or even stare at a blank wall but that does not imply that I should automatically devote my time on someone's half baked ideas esp. if they do not add much value to me. If you do not get the crux, I will make one more attempt: 

Overpopulation and a threat to the sustainability of the planet including its other species because of irresponsible human activities is an issue. If a community behaves irresponsibly, it has to invariably face consequences sooner or later.  The question is not if but when. The subcon has behaved irresponsibly and therefore could have to face consequences whether we like it or not. 

We cannot hope to continue to be a race that does not mind wasting someone (say the planet) $100 to save our $1. We cannot clean our houses to only dump that garbage in front of our neighbor's house as if the eventual disposal of garbage is the neighbor's problem. We cannot continue to live irresponsibly hoping that whatever mess we create will eventually be the future generation's problem (an issue for them to solve not ours, and the cycle continues). I am not even touching on other social issues and crimes. 

When the price or punishment (if you prefer) for such irresponsible behavior is equated to a reduction in population (also implying the seriousness of the issue that we have created). You want to term it as an exercise of killing, and probably hide behind concepts such as human life is more important (and as if that in turn gives human the rights to act irresponsibly and destroy what it pleases) and save yourselves. :lol: 

As is the hallmark of those who act irresponsibly and try to save themselves at any cost, you want to turn this into why not  kill yourself first as if I have pointed specific people out and ruled myself out if that is eventually deemed as the way forward. And not considered natural factors/disasters that could lead to a reduction without providing such choices. 

Buddy, people who want to act responsibly, put planet  above themselves, and make the wrongs right even at the cost of paying a high price do not keep an elitist mindset. On the contrary, people who think they can act in whatever way it pleases, reproduces without planning (for e.g. are you giving birth to children to make them beg to make a living, live on streets, suffer without medical care, develop half baked ideas by remaining undereducated, and so on), destroy the environment for their convenience, hurt other species, etc., are acting as if some great rights have been bestowed on them.  

Edited by zen

3 hours ago, beetle said:

Which way will reduce population by 50%?

You did not mention ' control' population....you mentioned 'reduce'.

If your budget is $100 and you spend $90, you can control your spending. If your budget is $100 and somehow you spend more (even through credit), you have to reduce your spending. Reduction and/or control depends upon the specific stage that you are at. 

As for the ways to reduce, there can be multiple, including the nature retaliating with a pandemic, severe environmental crisis due to human activities leading to floods for e.g., social unrest due to challenges of overpopulation (hopefully not reach a stage where humans are compelled to eat other humans),  wars, and so on. 

PS Note that to a certain degree, COVID19 is attributed to circumstances created by human actions. Directly or indirectly, it is an attempt to reduce the population whether we like it or not. 

Edited by zen