CA accuses Cisco managers of caste discrimination in USA

coffee_rules

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-cisco-lawsuit/california-accuses-cisco-of-job-discrimination-based-on-indian-employees-caste-idUSKBN2423YE

California accuses Cisco of job discrimination based on Indian employee's caste

Former Cisco engineering managers Sundar Iyer and Ramana Kompella also are defendants in the lawsuit, which accuses them of harassment for internally enforcing the caste hierarchy.

At Cisco, the unnamed employee reported Iyer to human resources in November 2016 for outing him as a Dalit to colleagues. Iyer allegedly retaliated, but Cisco determined caste discrimination was not illegal and issues continued through 2018, the lawsuit states.

Seems like a legit case. But due to trending BLM environment, they will not take such issues lightly. Lawyers cashing on such cases.

Indian liberals are feasting on this news. Made for Savarna / Manuvaadi haters.

17 minutes ago, beetle said:

:embaressed_smile: oh! 'former'....

Did they quit because of this case?

Don't know, it's an older incident  2015. They had quit in 2016, but the lawsuit is about CIsco retaliation towards the employee. It seems a lot of promotion in CIsco (US) with a lot of Indians happens on caste basis. So, groupism has always been our bane, 

Edited by coffee_rules

Not surprised at all, The Telugu guy I can totally see that but I thought usually modern educated Tam-Brahms were the pseudo-intellect types. I don't know if this guy is an exception to the rule or if this is common among them. 

9 hours ago, beetle said:

Bast@#$$ will not leave this caste nonsense even there.

Hope they get fired .

These managers could be culpable, but the case is hard to prove. But these Ambedkarites yahan bhi pahunchgaye. The state uses research funded by this anti-Insia casteist group - Equality Labs.

28 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

These managers could be culpable, but the case is hard to prove. But these Ambedkarites yahan bhi pahunchgaye. The state uses research funded by this anti-Insia casteist group - Equality Labs.

There is no caste based discrimination in the USA but the problem is caste based or region based favoritism does exist in IT. I have not faced it but I have seen it.

16 minutes ago, maniac said:

There is no caste based discrimination in the USA but the problem is caste based or region based favoritism does exist in IT. I have not faced it but I have seen it.

Not in USA or even in India. There is more regional grouping and favoritism, like Tamils, Gults etc., but never have I seen casteist discrimination to equate it to the discrimination of blacks, this is a witch-hunt 

37 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Not in USA or even in India. There is more regional grouping and favoritism, like Tamils, Gults etc., but never have I seen casteist discrimination to equate it to the discrimination of blacks, this is a witch-hunt 

Right that’s what I am saying there isn’t caste based discrimination but there is favoritism. However making this a high caste- low caste thing definitely is the usual anti-Hindu/ Hinduphobic agenda at play here.

"as long as caste in India does exist, Hindus will hardly intermarry or have any social intercourse with outsiders; and if Hindus migrate to other regions on earth, Indian caste would become a world problem." 

-BR Ambedkar

What a visionary Babasaheb was, greatest Indian post 1947 :hatsoff:

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Biggest misnomer ever. These so called 'Ambedkarites' ignore half of Babasaheb's writings/views and then twist the other half to give perverted interpretations. If the great man were alive today he would be aghast at what these clowns do using his name and portrait. Modi is closer to being an Ambedkarite (370 abrogation being a fitting tribute) than these nuisance characters but even he has some undesirable character traits, simply put BRA was one of a kind and so brutally honest as well as crystal clear in his views/action. Wish Babasaheb had become our 1st PM and been given full freedom to draft our constitution as well as deal with Kashmir, huge missed opportunity for India. 

Edited by Gollum

8 hours ago, maniac said:

Not surprised at all, The Telugu guy I can totally see that but I thought usually modern educated Tam-Brahms were the pseudo-intellect types. I don't know if this guy is an exception to the rule or if this is common among them. 

One thing as a people we should not do is to forget history.

This fine thing below the indian constitution.

main-qimg-8eada447d08a326deb9076169affe7

That is the preamble often credited to Nehru. But who did the heavy lifting?

Dr Ambedkar had this to say

"There were in the drafting committee men bigger, better and more competent than myself such as my friend Sir Alladi Krishnaswamy Iyer."

Alladi_Krishnaswamy_Iyer.jpg

Then there  is Gopalaswamy iyengar

Gopalaswamy_Ayyangar.jpg

First PM of kashmir, He drafted the loved hated article 370 that kept kashmir in India albeit.

Perhaps not very pseudo i would say.

Ambedkarites, SJWs taken over this campaign. I have never heard of anybody in any remote way acknowledging a shoulder pat check for janaeu. These youthiyas are calling it a regular happening. Shameless. These social sciences grads have ruined every place, now in IT and in Silicon Valley as well. Discrimination: groupism happens in every industry but never in this way they are campaigning.

24 minutes ago, Gollum said:

No one denies horrors of caste discrimination. But this Equality Labs group has an agenda against dharmics....only Islamists, missionaries and Periyarists in that org. 

Headed by a work Bangladesh woman - Sharmin Hossain. Has an agenda to defame India/Hindus with only issues related to caste discrimination being lobbied, but ignores all Islam atrocities on women, rape, domestic abuse etc. Vile organization tagging themselves as south Asian is always agenda driven, Full of Bong Commies, what can you expect!