How sweet is Persian Language? (Persian VS Urdu)

Alam_dar

In Pakistan, we believe that Urdu is a sweet sounding language. 

We believe that Urdu has a treasure of Poetry. 

But what is the Truth?

This one song makes all this difference clear (Both Persian and Urdu songs are sung side by side). Urdu song is sung by Atif Aslam, while Persian song is sung by Gul Panra. 

Persian Language is much ahead of Urdu in sweetness and poetry. 

Enjoy. 

Persian poetry has deep meanings. I really enjoy Persian poetry (There are Urdu Translations available for some of Persian poetry). 

Here is the English translation of this Persian Song: Man Aamadeh Am (I have come). 

English translation

I've come

I've come, woe woe
I've come
that the love shouts out
I've come
that the coquetry makes a foundation
I've come
I've come
that the love shouts out
I've come
I've come, woe

o my sweetheart, may you live for 100 years
o my sweetheart, may you live for 100 years
you sat at my side, may you be my neighbour
may you be my neighbour, so that your hand gives me shade
maybe you will be my destiny

I've come, woe woe
I've come
that the love shouts out
I've come
I've come, woe

love came and pitched a tent in the field of my heart
love came and pitched a tent in the field of my heart
love threw its faithful chain at my heart's feet
if love doesn't respond to the yells of my heart

oh my heart, woe
oh my heart, oh my heart

I've come
I've come
that the love shouts out
I've come
I've come, woe

come so that we can leave here, me and you
come so that we can leave here, me and you
you take my hand and I will take your clothes
until a point where both of us fall ill
(we get sick) you because of the sorrow of loneliness, and I because of your sorrow

I've come, woe woe
I've come
that the love shouts out
I've come
I've come

Thanks! 

@Mariyam

Edited by Alam_dar

9 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Alam miyan, Persian ki qadrdaan ya Persian pe fida.  

I think it is perhaps "both" in case of this song :wp3:. I really like the traditional dress that she is wearing. 

Edited by Alam_dar

Had PakMil not caused the separation of East Pak and not enforced Urdu upon their population, you would have another sweet language in Bangla today. Luckily for India we get to keep the (UNESCO certified :p:) sweetest langauge and best desserts in the world. 

14 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Had PakMil not caused the separation of East Pak and not enforced Urdu upon their population, you would have another sweet language in Bangla today. Luckily for India we get to keep the (UNESCO certified :p:) sweetest langauge and best desserts in the world. 

They thopofied Ganga Jamuna tehzeeb waale Urdu zabaan on all of West Pakistan as well. Hearing Pakjabi paindoos speaking Punjabi thick accented Urdu is a pain. Nobody in PoK speaks Kashmiri, even in Kashmir it is sidelined to Urdu. Kashmiri is such a sweet pahadi language. Sindhi too is lost with Bihari muhajirs populating that region in Karachi. 

Edited by coffee_rules

8 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

They thopofied Ganga Jamuna tehzeeb waale Urdu zabaan on all of West Pakistan as well. Hearing Pakjabi paindoos speaking Punjabi thick accented Urdu is a pain. Nobody in PoK speaks Kashmiri, even in Kashmir it is sidelined to Urdu. Kashmiri is such a sweet pahadi language. Sindhi too is lost with Bihari muhajirs populating that region in Karachi. 

Saale Mysore Pak, pehle trollvote ko undo kar. 

18 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I find that the younger generation of Karachi has the worst Urdu accent. Even people in Lahore speak better Urdu than them. 

I like the Hindi/Urdu which the people of Delhi speak. Their language is Sweater than all parts of Pakistan.  

The best accent belonged to the older generation of Luckhnow city, but I don't know how good is their younger generation. 

It is unfortunate that regional languages are disappearing. Actually, Urdu is itself disappearing among the younger generation, and they are using more and more English. I believe that it is a natural phenomenon that people automatically adopt the most developed language and culture gradually. 

Pakistani National Anthem is 99.9% in Persian (except for one word of URDU). Still it is such a bad song. 

But this ancient national anthem of Iran is  Unbelievably Sweet.  I didn't expect it when I heard it for the first time. 

29 minutes ago, MechEng said:

This is the original. And she looks like a Californian hippie

https://youtu.be/HxvUQ1PSqfs

The very original one is this (link). 

I think that taste changes according to the time and generation. 

The original one is from the pre-revolution era, and people in Iran at that time wanted to make a lot of things westernised under the Shah. Thus this song also got the western touch at that time. Nevertheless, I like the traditional touch.  

21 minutes ago, velu said:

not sure about Persian language .. 

but most Persian chicks are solid 8/10 :Giggity:

Dude I had a chinese American girl tell me once that all Indian women are super beautiful based on some  Bollywood movies she saw.  

Don’t form an opinion based on what you see on the mainstream media. They show you what they want to show and you see what you want to see :laugh1:

I worked with some Russian women from actually Russia  . Nice ladies but they look nothing like what you think of Russian women from what you would imagine from your “online browsing”

36 minutes ago, maniac said:

Dude I had a chinese American girl tell me once that all Indian women are super beautiful based on some  Bollywood movies she saw.  

Don’t form an opinion based on what you see on the mainstream media. They show you what they want to show and you see what you want to see :laugh1:

I worked with some Russian women from actually Russia  . Nice ladies but they look nothing like what you think of Russian women from what you would imagine from your “online browsing”

If you are from tamilnadu , even Somalian chicks are solid 6/10 :(( 

18 minutes ago, velu said:

If you are from tamilnadu , even Somalian chicks are solid 6/10 :(( 

Tam Bhram girls though, Something about them. Intelligent and very good looking and most importantly super classy. At least most of them.

Based on stereotype + personal experiences.

Edited by maniac