Subramaniam Swamy on Indian cricket

maniac

7 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Sanghi as they come! So Srinivasan is a good guy just because he is a Chennaiite? Good gosh! 

So? Has educational credentials, political credentials and legal and economic credentials, as an activist he exposed some of India’s biggest scams which would have just died down a quiet death.

If that’s a definition of a Sanghi it comes across as a compliment.

Edited by maniac
36 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Sanghi as they come! So Srinivasan is a good guy just because he is a Chennaiite? Good gosh! 

Didn't watch the video but he admires Srini?

Cement mama is very close to DMK, it was under Karunanidhi that his business empire flourished (esp the 3rd term), he is also very close to the Marans. He owes a lot of his success to DMK patronage and we know what Swamy feels about that party/family. 

Don't think being from Chennai/TN has anything to do with this, Swamy is above these small things. We all know how Swamy and Chidambaram have been at each other's throats for so many years...he played a big role in sending Chiddu to jail last year and he is gunning for the entire family...Karthi, Nalini, Srinidhi. Swamy was the same guy cos of whom Jaya landed in prison, and we all know his dynamics with the state Congress leaders, Stalin and co etc. If he admires Srini there must be vald reasons at least in his mind. 

Edited by Gollum

Not a fan of Swamy, sure he is entertaining and has contributed in exposing many scams, but he can be too unpredicatble and needlessly vindictive. Also spouts a whole lot of BS along with pertinent points. Maybe a trademark of geniuses? 

Can never forgive him for teaming up with Sonia to bring down Vajpayee govt in 1998. Testament to Vajpayee's magnanimity, decency and ability to forgive that he never tried to hit finish off Swamy's political career during his subsequent stint as PM. 

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Not a fan of Swamy, sure he is entertaining and has contributed in exposing many scams, but he can be too unpredicatble and needlessly vindictive. Also spouts a whole lot of BS along with pertinent points. Maybe a trademark of geniuses? 

Can never forgive him for teaming up with Sonia to bring down Vajpayee govt in 1998. Testament to Vajpayee's magnanimity, decency and ability to forgive that he never tried to hit finish off Swamy's political career during his subsequent stint as PM. 

Did you see the video?

Makes some valid points. Cricket part is the first 15 min of the video. 

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Did you see the video?

Makes some valid points. Cricket part is the first 15 min of the video. 

Added it to bookmarks man, will watch the complete video later. Maybe the cricket part I will watch tonight since you say it is only 15 min long. 

48 minutes ago, maniac said:

So? Has educational credentials, political credentials and legal and economic credentials, as an activist he exposed some of India’s biggest scams which would have just died down a quiet death.

If that’s a definition of a Sanghi it comes across as a compliment.

Whether he has exposed scams or not is irrelevant. We will discuss that some other place. My point is, Srini is a shady character and has been involved in scams. If one is talking cricket, one must weigh his/ her words. You cant bring in Dawood Ibrahim, but choose not to speak about Srini's scams. Rather portray him as a great mind. This is double standard.

Edited by Rightarmfast

And also one would be blind to not notice how he belittles the Bihar team which was fighting for recognition. I know the case too. He has just twisted his words there. 

Initially he says cricket has match fixing, prostitution and then he goes onto say that betting is ok. just because Srini's son in law was involved. Talk about double standards!

18 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

And also one would be blind to not notice how he belittles the Bihar team which was fighting for recognition. I know the case too. He has just twisted his words there. 

Initially he says cricket has match fixing, prostitution and then he goes onto say that betting is ok. just because Srini's son in law was involved. Talk about double standards!

Because betting and fixing are not one and the same. We can bet but if you fix the outcome and influence the bet that amounts to cheating. Clear difference.

Having said that I kind of agree with you that even I don’t think Meyyappan was just a casual gambler.

Edited by maniac
1 hour ago, maniac said:

Swamiji is very credible and a scholar but after he called Dhoni a dynamic player,makes me question everything :giggle:

Now I have doubts if he is a :csk: fan

he knows nothing about cricket...

most of my friends...think that dhoni is the really good cricketer....because he hits the ball well...

i wouldn't blame him for that

He won 2 world cups for india and that's what matter to most of not-so-knowledgeable masses

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

He (as well as his daughter) is sneakily pro-China these days. Also meant to be pro-CIA and a friend of Bhindranwale back in the day. Shady mofo. Maybe there is a good reason why Modi has kept him at an arms length.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

He (as well as his daughter) is sneakily pro-China these days. Also meant to be pro-CIA and a friend of Bhindranwale back in the day. Shady mofo. Maybe there is a good reason why Modi has kept him at an arms length.

I don’t think he is sneakily pro China. He has clearly said before that India should in fact strengthen ties with China and I also heard somewhere he was one of the first  guys from India who wrote an economic thesis on Chinese economy  when their economy was on their way up and did a lot of research (don’t quote me on this as I have to validate this).He claims he speaks mandarin fluently. This one I heard him say.

His credentials as a scholar cannot he questioned and as far as loyalty goes this is the guy who was the last surviving member of the old Janta Party and he never officially changed parties because he promised his guru. It had to be merged with BJP to get around his vow.

Yes he has quirks and is an unpredictable maverick. Add that to the fact that he is shrewd and cunning makes him dangerous.

13 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Whether he has exposed scams or not is irrelevant. We will discuss that some other place. My point is, Srini is a shady character and has been involved in scams. If one is talking cricket, one must weigh his/ her words. You cant bring in Dawood Ibrahim, but choose not to speak about Srini's scams. Rather portray him as a great mind. This is double standard.

Which scams?

7 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Also Mossad links. 

6 hours ago, maniac said:

I don’t think he is sneakily pro China. He has clearly said before that India should in fact strengthen ties with China and I also heard somewhere he was one of the first  guys from India who wrote an economic thesis on Chinese economy  when their economy was on their way up and did a lot of research (don’t quote me on this as I have to validate this).He claims he speaks mandarin fluently. This one I heard him say.

His credentials as a scholar cannot he questioned and as far as loyalty goes this is the guy who was the last surviving member of the old Janta Party and he never officially changed parties because he promised his guru. It had to be merged with BJP to get around his vow.

Yes he has quirks and is an unpredictable maverick. Add that to the fact that he is shrewd and cunning makes him dangerous.

If Maino and Pappu land up in prison in the National Herald case, Swamy is national treasure. 

17 hours ago, Gollum said:

Main culprit is your precious Amma J Jayalalitha.  Susu swamy was just a pawn. :p:

She was the reason that vajpayee had to face the no-confidence motion. Vajpayee didn't budge to her demands to sack the karunanidhi government because she wanted to sabotage the corruption cases on her during her tenure as TN CM from 1991-96. So she withdrew her support of some 18 MPs from his government and poor vajpayee had to face the barrel of the gun.

Don't just quote one part of the history.

Edited by Stan AF
1 minute ago, Stan AF said:

Main culprit is your precious Amma J Jayalalitha.  Susu swamy was just a pawn. :p:

She was the reason that vajpayee had to face the no-confidence motion. Vajpayee didn't budge to her demands to sack the karunanidhi government because she wanted to sabotage the corruption cases on her during her tenure as TN CM from 1991-96. So she withdrew her support of some 18 MPs from his government and poor vajpayee had to face the barrel of the gun.

Don't just quote one part of the history.

Main culprit was Swamy because he was the internal traitor....Janata Party was formed in opposition to Congress, won its seats on anti-Congress platform yet Swamy had no hesitation to aid Congress. 

Amma had her flaws but any day better than the more corrupt, pro-terrorist Karunanidhi.